Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pistol animations and sounds.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Pistol animations and sounds.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lesliey
10.09.2012 , 03:15 AM | #1
Im sure this has been noted but why is there a not a fix today for the Pistols(GS) sounds?

I also saw a dev commented on a post about this asking to list what sounds were wrong, Please Dev's log on to a lvl50 GS and shoot your pistol and tell me it feels like a starwars pistol! To me it feels like im shooting pea shooter or a very bad airgun.
I want epic starwarsy blaster fire please! or at least give us back the old sounds before 1.4
Thanks.
POW
Leslies/Slylies

Power of One. TOFN

Glower
10.09.2012 , 03:53 AM | #2
Because it's not a critical bug, because blah-blah-blah. Also, SOON (tm)!

Or just because Bio dont care...
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Malastare
10.09.2012 , 04:54 AM | #3
Newsflash: Different guns make different sounds. I seem to remember that "Flashy" has a very classic Star Wars sound. Other guns can sound "heavier" or "lighter". Don't like the sound of your gun? Switch to a different one.

The same thing holds for lightsabers. On my first Juggernaut, I spent some time around Lvl 40 looking for a saber shell that made a nice whomm sound on ignition, after realizing that the one I currently using made for of a snick sound.

Goretzu
10.09.2012 , 05:29 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Malastare View Post
Newsflash: Different guns make different sounds. I seem to remember that "Flashy" has a very classic Star Wars sound. Other guns can sound "heavier" or "lighter". Don't like the sound of your gun? Switch to a different one.

The same thing holds for lightsabers. On my first Juggernaut, I spent some time around Lvl 40 looking for a saber shell that made a nice whomm sound on ignition, after realizing that the one I currently using made for of a snick sound.
Some attack sounds changed (vastly changed in some cases) with 1.4 (irresepective of which weapon you wield), I dunno if this was intentional or a bug however, but I think this is what the OP is refering too.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Darbon
10.09.2012 , 07:02 AM | #5
Françoise - Gunslinger - The Red Eclipse

Lesliey
10.09.2012 , 07:15 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Darbon View Post
Thanx. /signed for a fix!
POW
Leslies/Slylies

Power of One. TOFN

Missandei
10.09.2012 , 08:16 AM | #7
Not true.
I have orange guns since level 10 and never change them.
Though sound after 1.4 is changed.
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

AllisonBerryman
10.09.2012 , 09:20 AM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
We are still looking into some of the reported issues with specific sounds - we definitely haven't forgotten. As soon as I have some new info for you, I'll let you know right away. Thanks for your patience; we know that sound is a big part of your character and combat!

Polebreaker
10.09.2012 , 10:15 AM | #9

You are correct. Flashy sounds like a tie fighter shooting, actually, for the regular auto attack. But for the strong attack (forget the name, just the regular shooting one but it takes energy), the sound was changed from a mighty BLAM to some wimpy plink sound, and that's no matter what gun you equip.

Magias
10.09.2012 , 10:19 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We are still looking into some of the reported issues with specific sounds - we definitely haven't forgotten. As soon as I have some new info for you, I'll let you know right away. Thanks for your patience; we know that sound is a big part of your character and combat!
Thanks Allison, some info on this and an acknowledged problem would really help me feel better. Its almost not fun to play my slinger now because the sounds are so bad. We await your reply with anxious ears.
Magias - Elder Knight Officer and SWTOR Guild Leader