1.4 Consolidated Bug/Issues List

recsa

So the performance issues have not been addressed in this week's patch. I wish I could say I am surprised.

It's not that the game is unplayable for me as is. It's just that watching such poor performance for such underwhelming graphics really makes me wonder why I am paying for this game sometimes. As it now stands I'll probably keep paying until it goes F2P assuming that's in the next month or so. After that I don't think I can justify making a monthly payment any further.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too little, too late. It's taken far, far too long to get the fixes in. And from all accounts, performance/stuttering (ie, the most critical issue....) is still not fixed for the majority.

Unsubbed. Game is fine, enjoyable, lot of potential still there; support on the other hand is laughable, even by MMO standards. Will be back for free-to-play, just can't warrant paying for this anymore.

Don't bother trying to explain the basics of communication to these people. Really, don't bother, it's no use.

You know communication isn't their strongest quality when a player makes a list with 45+ reported problems and the online community manager then gives a small list and says ''this isn’t a comprehensive list of what we are looking into''. I mean, what does that even means? Are you looking into the others? Did the players wasted their time to tell you these bugs? Are you even grateful that we did? Do you know how upset people are?

And that answer does not comes from a programmer who's first qualification is programming. No, that answer comes from the online community manager who's first qualification should be communicating. How hard is it to take that list and answer them one by one: ''looking into to to see if this is a bug'', ''this change is expected'', ''will be fixed this update'' or ''this is indeed a bug and will be fixed''?

We definitely do appreciate when folks report issues, but keep in mind that we collect these issues from a wide variety of outlets, so acknowledging every reported issue becomes a very difficult task. On top of that, the thread you mention above is meant to encompass only the top reported issues, as it is clearly stated in that thread.

It is also NOT comprehensive of every single issue because we have an internal process to verify each issue and to list every single unverified report would be premature and unwieldy. However, we do take each report seriously, no matter how small.

Of course we're grateful to players reporting issues on the forums, Twitter, and Reddit, but do keep in mind that there is a reason for official threads like this.

We will be updating the list today, so keep an eye out for that.

We are still investigating performance issues, but we will make sure to update the community as soon as we have a resolution.

Thank you for your vigilance on the matter.

Edited by JovethGonzalez

Me and my guild mates don't have that issue,so the number of people having it are not really that many. Still needs to be fixed though.

Your guild number in thousands. I see :). Ok don't fix then. If your guild numbers can make profit for SWTOR I will haply unsubscribe. So there!

Just a thought, am I the only one that noticed that "internal process" reference? In almost every single ticket I have submitted with one issue or the other that was declined, when asked why this same "internal process" came up as the reasoning. I would LOVE to get a whole and detailed list of all internal processes that are used to enforce the policies you stand by. Just saying. Thanks for the post back from the community manager, thanks for the heads up.

Your guild number in thousands. I see :). Ok don't fix then. If your guild numbers can make profit for SWTOR I will haply unsubscribe. So there!

I didn't say anything about not to fix it, and i didn't see the number of thousands people having the problem either :) .

So dissappointed. Today's patch was suppossed to address the top issues, including the many "performance issues" that Bioware acknowledged people are having, but there is nothing in the patch about "performance issues!" Why is this being ignored? Who cares about the companion head slot being fixed when the graphics are a slide show even with shadows completely turned off? Please, Bioware, for the love of this game, focus on the more important graphics issues!

I didn't say anything about not to fix it, and i didn't see the number of thousands people having the problem either :) .

I told you. We are minority, so please don't fix performance issues. DON'T FIX IT! In fact I demand that you DO NOT FIX IT!. I also want you to introduce MORE BUGS. Yes more BUGS. Anything to make fanboys happy. Since they are almighty and they know that their rigs are cool and performance issues are trivial. Even if my game was probably runinng faster than yours before the patch 1.4. Even if I am a paying customer... There is a saying in Turkish. Every day is a feast day for madmen. :))))

Hey bioware...thanks for doing absolutely nothing to correct the issues with bounty hunter mercs. After you broke dual wielding unload and possibly barrage dmg boost with it and our 4 pc set bonus so that we are now overheating like crazy its really great that you did absolutely nothing to fix it with this major patch fix. But hey thanks for fixing that one thing with sins it really helps since it was such a gamebreaking fix! I mean come on how can you not address the bugs with bounty hunter mercs right now you are killing us with heating issues and broken skills/talents!

I told you. We are minority, so please don't fix performance issues. DON'T FIX IT! In fact I demand that you DO NOT FIX IT!. I also want you to introduce MORE BUGS. Yes more BUGS. Anything to make fanboys happy. Since they are almighty and they know that their rigs are cool and performance issues are trivial. Even if my game was probably runinng faster than yours before the patch 1.4. Even if I am a paying customer... There is a saying in Turkish. Every day is a feast day for madmen. :))))

:) Sounds like you need a cookie.

They acknowdged the issue. They also said they are monitoring performance. That sounds like they have introduced code to track the issue. This is not affecting everyone in the same manner but it is affecting me. Like you. So it is probably more than one issue. "this may take some time"

However i am pretty sure they are wanting it worked out as fast as possibly. So patience and cookies until then.

It is also NOT comprehensive of every single issue because we have an internal process to verify each issue and to list every single unverified report would be premature and unwieldy. However, we do take each report seriously, no matter how small.

I can understand not wanting to list every single unverified bug report. But is really such an arduous task to post here when a bug has been verified, and then again when the fix is added to the bundle for the next patch? Maybe not for the performance issues, which seem likely to have multiple causes and could require a few patch cycles to fix, and besides improving performance is simply an ongoing process. But most of the issues here much more specific than that.

I hate to reference another game, but you really should spend an hour or two reading the GW2 dev tracker. It is common to see posts there with phrases like "I found and fixed the cause of this bug, it should hit testing tomorrow. If the fix clears testing, it will be added to Monday's patch. I will update you when that happens." Then the next day "The fix cleared testing, it is in the queue for Monday." Or in another case "I reduced this enemy's HP by approximately half in the next patch."

The news doesn't always have to be good either. There have been posts in the form of "We're going to improve this area, but it won't be quick, because it is not easy, and blah blah is taking much of our time for the few weeks."

I don't really expect Bioware devs to start posting here, but it would be nice for you to pull the curtain back a bit and let us know how things are progressing.

Of course we're grateful to players reporting issues on the forums, Twitter, and Reddit, but do keep in mind that there is a reason for official threads like this.

I really don't understand this part. What is the reason for that "thread"? It can't be to interact with the community, since it is a closed thread and we can't comment there. Plus it was created more than a week after 1.4 was released, and nearly a week after this thread was started and Recsa had already collected most of the issues affecting your players. To me it looked like (and still does given this response) a way for you to ignore this thread and sweep issues as many issues as you can under the rug.

We will be updating the list today, so keep an eye out for that.

Too vague. See above.

We are still investigating performance issues, but we will make sure to update the community as soon as we have a resolution.

Given the previous pattern of communications here, I take this to mean you will wait until the day you are pushing a fix to talk about it again?

Edited by NoFishing

I can only assume that the more severe issues were only just recently finally found and fixed, and thus couldn't have been put into an earlier emergency patch... 'course, also possible they still haven't fixed those issues, and they won't even make it in THIS patch...

*sigh* hate it when I'm right.

I hope that the 'general performance issues' making it unplayable for people without SLI (since that was 'fixed' supposedly), are among the fixes. If the problem is so persistent, honestly, it'd be better to remove the new shadows entirely until a recode can take place.

I still have friends who can't play it because of stutter. :/

Don't think it actually has anything to do with the new shadows... Seems more like an issue with whatever they did to the fonts, as it appears to be the text rendering that is messing up performance.

So dissappointed. Today's patch was suppossed to address the top issues, including the many "performance issues" that Bioware acknowledged people are having, but there is nothing in the patch about "performance issues!" Why is this being ignored?

The new video cards so they can test this haven't arrived yet? (actually, only partly a joke. Wouldn't really be all that surprised if they didn't have many/any higher end AMD cards on hand.)

Wait, you guys didn't fix the backfill issue with WZ's ? How could you not make that issue one of your top priorities for this last fix? Oh wait, it's PvP gameplay..my bad.

We all enjoy playing 7 man teams, thanks Joveth!

Edited by Apaolo

I can understand not wanting to list every single unverified bug report. But is really such an arduous task to post here when a bug has been verified, and then again when the fix is added to the bundle for the next patch? Maybe not for the performance issues, which seem likely to have multiple causes and could require a few patch cycles to fix, and besides improving performance is simply an ongoing process. But most of the issues here much more specific than that.

I hate to reference another game, but you really should spend an hour or two reading the GW2 dev tracker. It is common to see posts there with phrases like "I found and fixed the cause of this bug, it should hit testing tomorrow. If the fix clears testing, it will be added to Monday's patch. I will update you when that happens." Then the next day "The fix cleared testing, it is in the queue for Monday." Or in another case "I reduced this enemy's HP by approximately half in the next patch."

The news doesn't always have to be good either. There have been posts in the form of "We're going to improve this area, but it won't be quick, because it is not easy, and blah blah is taking much of our time for the few weeks."

I don't really expect Bioware devs to start posting here, but it would be nice for you to pull the curtain back a bit and let us know how things are progressing.

I really don't understand this part. What is the reason for that "thread"? It can't be to interact with the community, since it is a closed thread and we can't comment there. Plus it was created more than a week after 1.4 was released, and nearly a week after this thread was started and Recsa had already collected most of the issues affecting your players. To me it looked like (and still does given this response) a way for you to ignore this thread and sweep issues as many issues as you can under the rug.

Too vague. See above.

Given the previous pattern of communications here, I take this to mean you will wait until the day you are pushing a fix to talk about it again?

Well said. A very well written and reasoned rebuttle. :cool:

Wait, you guys didn't fix the backfill issue with WZ's ? How could you not make that issue one of your top priorities for this last fix? Oh wait, it's PvP gameplay..my bad.

We all enjoy playing 7 man teams, thanks Joveth!

Yeah, I'm really beginning to enjoy warzones starting with 6-7 players vs. 8 and never having the slots fill, even when guildies are in Mumble with me and are queued up solo. The inevitable loss is great fun for all 6 players and never at all frustrating.

Also, seems that when players disconnect, they're no longer removed from the group so that (assuming the backfill worked) a new player could take their spot...adding yet another random factor to the enjoyment of the 4 boxes we have!

Yeah, I'm really beginning to enjoy warzones starting with 6-7 players vs. 8 and never having the slots fill, even when guildies are in Mumble with me and are queued up solo. The inevitable loss is great fun for all 6 players and never at all frustrating.

Also, seems that when players disconnect, they're no longer removed from the group so that (assuming the backfill worked) a new player could take their spot...adding yet another random factor to the enjoyment of the 4 boxes we have!

Undocumented Patch 1.4 "quality of life improvement"? :confused:

Well that's how it would be spun. :D

Undocumented Patch 1.4 "quality of life improvement"? :confused:

Well that's how it would be spun. :D

Secretly, I think it's some super secret faction balance thing. They purposely short our Pub PuG that demolishes Imps to 'even the playing field', in the hopes of not destroying the Imps egos to the point of quitting.

So dissappointed. Today's patch was suppossed to address the top issues, including the many "performance issues" that Bioware acknowledged people are having, but there is nothing in the patch about "performance issues!" Why is this being ignored? Who cares about the companion head slot being fixed when the graphics are a slide show even with shadows completely turned off? Please, Bioware, for the love of this game, focus on the more important graphics issues!

I have to say that I wrote these comments right after installing today's patch and reading the notes. After playing the game on and off all day afterwards, I discovered that the graphics are not as jittery and stuttering for me as before. With shadows off, I have a decent fps again. I actually turned shadows on for awhile and enjoyed the beauty of it, with a little drop in fps. I could actually play with shadows on now if I wanted to.

I guess what I'm trying to say is thanks, Bioware. You seemed to have fixed some issues for me after all.

I have the feeling this thread is not of the like of our Community Managers, and so looks like its doing more harm than benefit, i have seen some posts deleted and people getting angry about it. Also Joveth Gonzalez made an official list to keep track of this issues, so i guess thats the right place to go and check.

This thread started as a way to give visibility to a guildie's bug that was preventing him to play the game, then it quickly grew up and i decided to make it a bit more usefull to both rest of community and devs, but as i have said i have the feeling it didnt accomplished the intended goal.

All this considered i have decided to stop updating this thread and abandon it, heartly thanks to the people that helped me to build this list, to be honest, i have done little but keeping it updated with your reports, this list is a community effort.

Edited by recsa

I warned you about the class ability changes. I warned you that changing the abilities instead of simply disabling the current ones in PVP and adding the abilities you have now as ADDITIONAL specials to be used either in PVP only or in both was the way to go.

In my opinion it's likely the current special and sound bugs are a result. And it's likely it will not be a simple fix.

Next time add new specials and disable ones that are bad for PVP in PVP. You might have better results.

I have the feeling this thread is not of the like of our Community Managers, and so looks like its doing more harm than benefit, i have seen some posts deleted and people getting angry about it. Also Joveth Gonzalez made an official list to keep track of this issues, so i guess thats the right place to go and check.

This thread started as a way to give visibility to a guildie's bug that was preventing him to play the game, then it quickly grew up and i decided to make it a bit more usefull to both rest of community and devs, but as i have said i have the feeling it didnt accomplished the intended goal.

All this considered i have decided to stop updating this thread and abandon it, heartly thanks to the people that helped me to build this list, to be honest, i have done little but keeping it updated with your reports, this list is a community effort.

Recsa,

I would urge you to reconsider.

I have been championing this thread. I have mentioned it multiple times in other threads. I have PM'd Joveth and Courtney about it AND I have put a mention in the community round up thread for this thread.

:cool: