Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I demand an answer.

Goretzu
10.09.2012 , 06:00 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by NRVNQSR View Post
They did? I don't remember that being promised.
Late beta or early release (and maybe again around 1.2) with no timetable, although the Dev that said it may will be gone now.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

LordRahlik
10.09.2012 , 06:04 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by NemesisStar View Post
Hood toggle, Simple request. Has been requested thousands of times at least.... you have had any number of opportunities to put it in, there is already a Hood toggle in the game... Twileks can't wear a hood if we want to.
I want to know why... WHY it hasn't been done. Why is Bio ware so adamantly refusing to give us this option!?
You DEMAND?

Good luck with that.
Societies in decline tend not to innovate. I just wish we had cellphones to report quests. Guess light speed tech and cell phone tech are mutually exclusive.
I know this image is supposed to be an insult, but it's not.
Two similar games and yet SW:ToR is so much better.

Devlonir
10.09.2012 , 06:13 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
IMy shatterpoint cloak in SWG had a hood toggle option. So i dont see coding issues as being a valid excuse for this.

Its just pure laziness, a lot of short cuts like this were taken.
Oh, SWG was built on the Hero engine as well eh? This really is such an ignorant statement it made me facedesk.. you owe me a new keyboard.

Bioware already stated in the past that they made a bad judgement call concerning this and that the hoods are not a seperate part of the chest piece but an integral part. Making a toggle would basicly require them to either make a different, hood-down version of every hooded item in game and make a mechanism that switches these two chest pieces' look on command (with all inherent risks), or regenerate all items in game to ensure they have the hood as a seperate entity they can work with armor design wise and then make a hood toggle similar to helmet toggle.

So really, it is a lot more complex and there are no short cuts available because of a bad mistake very early in development when it came to determining what seperate parts made up a chest piece.
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

Malastare
10.09.2012 , 06:19 AM | #14
I want to know why... WHY it hasn't been done. Why is Bio ware so adamantly refusing to give us this option!?
Well, I DEMAND to know why you (NemisisStar) haven't finished implementing it. You obviously want it really bad. Why are you dragging your feet? Why have you not written even a single line of code to do this very simple task that you have repeatedly asked for?

Oh wait. You mean... you don't know how to code? You don't even know the first thing about making software?

Oh.

Well, then, I guess you'll have to wait behind the twelve thousand other whining novices who think that game design consists of one guy DEMANDING a feature and a pair of coders clicking a checkbox and dragging a box into place. Sorta like this guy:

Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
IMy shatterpoint cloak in SWG had a hood toggle option. So i dont see coding issues as being a valid excuse for this.
Oh, well if SWG had it, then it's so much easier. We'll just copy and paste that code, then, right? Because that totally works in software development. Hey, I heard that Deus Ex game had destructible walls. We should copy and paste that code while we're at it. Ooh. And Shogun 2 had battles with hundreds of people in them. We'll copy and paste that, too. Do you suppose it all has to fit on the same clipboard? Or will we need to upgrade to Windows 8 to get a bigger clipboard?

Foobert
10.09.2012 , 06:31 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Malastare View Post
Well, I DEMAND to know why you (NemisisStar) haven't finished implementing it. You obviously want it really bad. Why are you dragging your feet? Why have you not written even a single line of code to do this very simple task that you have repeatedly asked for?

Oh wait. You mean... you don't know how to code? You don't even know the first thing about making software?

Oh.

Well, then, I guess you'll have to wait behind the twelve thousand other whining novices who think that game design consists of one guy DEMANDING a feature and a pair of coders clicking a checkbox and dragging a box into place. Sorta like this guy:

Oh, well if SWG had it, then it's so much easier. We'll just copy and paste that code, then, right? Because that totally works in software development. Hey, I heard that Deus Ex game had destructible walls. We should copy and paste that code while we're at it. Ooh. And Shogun 2 had battles with hundreds of people in them. We'll copy and paste that, too. Do you suppose it all has to fit on the same clipboard? Or will we need to upgrade to Windows 8 to get a bigger clipboard?
This guy's impression of "hacking" must have come from watching Swordfish or something too.

NemesisStar
10.09.2012 , 06:31 AM | #16
I don't consider this a small request, Aesthetics are important. I don't appreciate either, people who say " you just need to live with it" Well screw off, I am paying to play the game just like you are. I don't like the hoods.. they are ugly, It does have a very big impact on my opinion of the game over all. I don't care about the visual of the hood falling back on the shoulders, I would settle for an option simply to have it not draw the hood. ****... The Player base could have come up with a client side mod to disable Hood drawing by now.

NRVNQSR
10.09.2012 , 06:33 AM | #17
I don't consider this a small request, Aesthetics are important. I don't appreciate either, people who say " you just need to live with it" Well screw off, I am paying to play the game just like you are. I don't like the hoods.. they are ugly, It does have a very big impact on my opinion of the game over all. I don't care about the visual of the hood falling back on the shoulders, I would settle for an option simply to have it not draw the hood. ****... The Player base could have come up with a client side mod to disable Hood drawing by now.
and yet they haven't

NemesisStar
10.09.2012 , 06:34 AM | #18
Additionally... I do possess some basic understanding of coding. So to you Whining *****es who can't do anything when a complaint comes around, except tear into a person for posting it. There is something called "The pretense of knowledge" which is a fancy way of saying your an arrogant **** who just assumes he/she knows a persons background from 1 post.

Kophar
10.09.2012 , 06:34 AM | #19
Hood toggle, Simple request. Has been requested thousands of times at least.... you have had any number of opportunities to put it in, there is already a Hood toggle in the game... Twileks can't wear a hood if we want to.
The hood toggle is a nice feature to implement, the way you are just asking for it when you have so much more important features to be implemented is just not even worth my time to wry with your post really.
I saw a dark explosion. I sensed a power within. I felt the urge, the rage, the power... I AM REBORN!!

NRVNQSR
10.09.2012 , 06:36 AM | #20
Additionally... I do possess some basic understanding of coding. So to you Whining *****es who can't do anything when a complaint comes around, except tear into a person for posting it. There is something called "The pretense of knowledge" which is a fancy way of saying your an arrogant **** who just assumes he/she knows a persons background from 1 post.
so why haven't YOU come up with this mod you say should be easy to implement?