Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Thanks for 1.4.1

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ufarax's Avatar


ufarax
10.09.2012 , 05:27 AM | #1
Last week I wrote 2 posts very critical of bioware. My main concern was the unintended crew skill nerf, and the Torvix weekly bug. Today's patch fixed the problems. Thank you Bioware. Now I can get back to playing.

Skorz's Avatar


Skorz
10.09.2012 , 05:39 AM | #2
I still got the "stuttering" problem so here's another week of no SWTOR

Foobert's Avatar


Foobert
10.09.2012 , 06:23 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Skorz View Post
I still got the "stuttering" problem so here's another week of no SWTOR
this is after you've tried all the quality and video card workarounds?

KinCharBamin's Avatar


KinCharBamin
10.09.2012 , 06:34 AM | #4
I finally dumped my Nvidia and I'm using a crappy Intel card for now.
The quality is just not there but at least it doesn't stutter.
I have to deal with a Red glowing character selection screen issue (which is resolved by deleting the client settings file before I start the game) but at least it is playable.

I was hoping this was gonna fix the Nvidia thing, guess not.

But I'm really happy they fixed all the other stuff!
Kin-Char Bamin, Jedi Knight
The MTV Jedi
http://www.kincharbamin.com

-Me-'s Avatar


-Me-
10.09.2012 , 06:39 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Foobert View Post
this is after you've tried all the quality and video card workarounds?
Did it stutter before the update? Is the game the only thing affected with his computer? If the answer is no and yes then I'll be damned that I'll change specs on a computer that could affect it's performance overall just to accommodate a game that worked perfectly fine before the update.

It's been 2 weeks with an annoying barley playable product that we pay for and I have not seen one peep out of EA on the matter other than another "it's our computer's fault" default reply. That is BS!

I can be a lot more understanding and patience with honesty but to publicly insist that everyone's computers went faulty over night is...is...oh lord this is not good EA.

WhillB's Avatar


WhillB
10.09.2012 , 06:41 AM | #6
Somehow I missed that this was a nvidia issue. What do I have to do to get rid of the stuttering?

Alduinsm's Avatar


Alduinsm
10.09.2012 , 06:47 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by -Me- View Post
Did it stutter before the update? Is the game the only thing affected with his computer? If the answer is no and yes then I'll be damned that I'll change specs on a computer that could affect it's performance overall just to accommodate a game that worked perfectly fine before the update.

It's been 2 weeks with an annoying barley playable product that we pay for and I have not seen one peep out of EA on the matter other than another "it's our computer's fault" default reply. That is BS!

I can be a lot more understanding and patience with honesty but to publicly insist that everyone's computers went faulty over night is...is...oh lord this is not good EA.
They're investigating it
Quote:
We are aware of and are investigating the following issues:

General performance issues.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=540196
Shin

DokterBeefcake's Avatar


DokterBeefcake
10.09.2012 , 07:02 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by WhillB View Post
Somehow I missed that this was a nvidia issue. What do I have to do to get rid of the stuttering?
It happens with ATI chipsets, too.

Malastare's Avatar


Malastare
10.09.2012 , 07:11 AM | #9
Though I thought this was said many, many times before, it seems many people still haven't seen it:

You can get rid of a large portion of the stutters (approximately 80%, in my case) by simply turning off the scaling of Nameplates with distance. Turning off nameplates for my companion and group members got another small chunk.

At the moment, I only get significant stutters in certain areas. I could guess that they are areas that involve scaled semi-transparent features, but I wouldn't guarantee that. Before turning off scaled nameplates, I found the stutters to be severe enough that it made playing the game uncomfortable. Some research and a couple checkboxes later, I only notice the stutters on occasion.

I'd still like my scaled nameplates back, though.

Skorz's Avatar


Skorz
10.09.2012 , 07:32 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by -Me- View Post
Did it stutter before the update? Is the game the only thing affected with his computer? If the answer is no and yes then I'll be damned that I'll change specs on a computer that could affect it's performance overall just to accommodate a game that worked perfectly fine before the update.

It's been 2 weeks with an annoying barley playable product that we pay for and I have not seen one peep out of EA on the matter other than another "it's our computer's fault" default reply. That is BS!

I can be a lot more understanding and patience with honesty but to publicly insist that everyone's computers went faulty over night is...is...oh lord this is not good EA.
It started to stutter after 1.4 and it only happens in this game. I just got a new computer even