Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Farming commendations?

DPCummerbund
10.06.2012 , 08:30 PM | #1
I've noticed that when I'm fighting mobs at my level, green-level drops are common, and I frequently get Commendations - several dozen in a few hours. I need to go back to a planet 6-8 levels below me to farm Commendations for an item I want. I have yet to get a green item, let alone a Commendation, even though I'm searching for elites that are at least green to me. Is there a specific formula for figuring out who drops Commendations and when (i.e. mobs at your level, Strong mobs within 2 of your level, elites within 4, etc.), or is it really just random?
"Have you seen what the Sith are wearing? It's like every fashion designer in the galaxy went over to the Dark Side." - Kira Carsen
"You there! I'm drafting you into the Imperial Reclamation Service's... service." - Lieutenant Whist

Cleux
10.06.2012 , 11:28 PM | #2
Try doing the heroics. If you are high enough level you should be able to solo those missions.

Oggthebase
10.07.2012 , 01:35 AM | #3
unfortunately, I believe planet commendations on mobs are completely random. You may be lucky and get these instead of green quality items several times in a row, or go through an entire planet storyline without them dropping.

As Cleux above me wrote, the only reliable way of obtaining planet commendations are the rewards of the repeatable heroics.

Legolose
10.07.2012 , 06:16 AM | #4
^^^ This is true its completely random I was farming for 1 more commadation on a world and it took me about 4 hours to get it but the next day when I went there to level I ended up getting 5 within a hour so
Vos'feratu | 55 | Sorcerer Vittoneli | 55 | Gunslinger
Vos'barake | 55| Guardian Vos'mauul | 55 | Sentinel
Server | The Shadowlands |

Kourage
10.07.2012 , 05:50 PM | #5
Do the 2 or 4 man Heroics. They reset each day. You can also farm the Gold mobs in the heroic zones.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

Yogol
10.09.2012 , 02:54 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Oggthebase View Post
unfortunately, I believe planet commendations on mobs are completely random.
No, there are mobs that always drop a commendation. Guaranteed.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

DPCummerbund
10.09.2012 , 12:23 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Yogol View Post
No, there are mobs that always drop a commendation. Guaranteed.
Which ones?

For example, I needed commendations on Hoth (to buy a certain item), and soloed a Heroic 4 mission that involved killing like 50 elite mobs. Not one commendation among them.

In the end, the interesting thing about that quest was that when I turned it in, I got the very item I was looking for as a quest reward! Still, I may need commendations for other planets in the future, so it would be nice to know which mobs drop them.
"Have you seen what the Sith are wearing? It's like every fashion designer in the galaxy went over to the Dark Side." - Kira Carsen
"You there! I'm drafting you into the Imperial Reclamation Service's... service." - Lieutenant Whist