Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merc is TERRIBLE

yoomazir
10.08.2012 , 06:27 PM | #111
There was not so long ago, still on the 1.3 version, a 1v1 pvp tournament held on the Fatman, the nice thing with that is that you could saw good (if not top, especially for an event like that) players of all classes dueling each other, and you could see the advantages & flaws of the classes, let me just tell ya : Mercs didn't really shine.

And before and genius come here and post: "oh noes, there's no 1v1 on a wz, itz all about teamplaaaay, you need to stay very far away from meleez, class is UBER fine!!!!!" , I would like to say in advance: keep dreaming buddy.

Here's part 1 of that tournament I mentioned:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPY_-...j2Qlig51a-P4R0

dalevan
10.08.2012 , 06:29 PM | #112
No I am not agreeing with you. If you know your role and know how to play it, then you do fine. If you don't, then Commando/Merc is not for you. Maybe a one-time AC switch should be made available to you at level 50 or at least as a Legacy perk. Just because you don't like the class or play it poorly, does not mean others experience the same thing. Sure it might need some tweaks, but it isn't TERRIBLE overall.
Dalevan - Commando Sibella - Vanguard Avicus - Sage
BKSN

yoomazir
10.08.2012 , 06:42 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by dalevan View Post
... Just because you don't like the class or play it poorly
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...100813052.jpg/

This was today, now stop making assumptions, the class if freaking bad.

I would have doubled my score if I was playing as a Sniper/PT/Mara but instead I'm stuck with a class that can't defend himself ALONE against equally skilled & geared Sentinels, Juggernauts, Scoundrels, Snipers, Powertechs, Assassins, and, hell, even Sorcerers.

But you know what? Those classes I mentiond above? They can do that, so what do you bring on the table for your team in the end? Nothing, you're a liability, a free kill, you can shoot from 30m? lmao, once you get targeted doesn't matter if you're 30 meters or 100 meters, you're dead because you can't do anything to save yourself.

Crosservers WZ NOW, I really want these guys to learn a life lesson.

Essence_of_Light
10.08.2012 , 06:42 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Shredit View Post
Merc is TERRIBLE in PvP... In any 1v1 fight with anything other than a merc you will lose. Every single decent skill the merc uses has a cast time, and can also be interupted. On top of that, they decreased the range of our stun by 2/3rds? Now the Merc class is even more horrible. You give us an interupt but but nerf our stun? Ridiculous. IT'S A RANGED CLASS! Give us our stun back... If you guys don't find a way to make the merc more competitive in PvP I am going to uninstall because merc is my main. So lets recap. Stun is worthless now, the interupt has a low range and can only be used to interupt certain things, but everything on merc can be interupted... Without a heat signature damage is crap and in PvP there isn't enough time to always get a heat signature on people. I could go on and on, please fix this class....
^
I agree with the op.
Fix our class for pvp, plz
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, free CC unlocks, and other bonuses!

heechJunzi
10.08.2012 , 06:59 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
I would have doubled my score if I was playing as a Sniper/PT/Mara but instead I'm stuck with a class that can't defend himself ALONE against equally skilled & geared Sentinels, Juggernauts, Scoundrels, Snipers, Powertechs, Assassins, and, hell, even Sorcerers.
LOL. "Stuck.".

You have this inflated opinion of your own "skills", and you blame your class. Here's an idea: stop waiting for Bioware to help you teach us a life lesson. Roll a fotm class and show us just how great you really are.

Think you're in for a rude awakening.
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jünzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

dalevan
10.08.2012 , 07:04 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...100813052.jpg/

This was today, now stop making assumptions, the class if freaking bad.

But you know what? Those classes I mentiond above? They can do that, so what do you bring on the table for your team in the end? Nothing, you're a liability, a free kill, you can shoot from 30m? lmao, once you get targeted doesn't matter if you're 30 meters or 100 meters, you're dead because you can't do anything to save yourself.

Crosservers WZ NOW, I really want these guys to learn a life lesson.
My only assumption is that you don't like that class. I have played the other classes too. I like Commando because it fits me and my play style. I think it is good for its role. It is not good for 1 v 1 and for me that is a challenge. But I am not a dueler or solo player. For me the team aspect is what makes PvP fun.
Dalevan - Commando Sibella - Vanguard Avicus - Sage
BKSN

Henu
10.08.2012 , 07:09 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by heechJunzi View Post
LOL. "Stuck.".

You have this inflated opinion of your own "skills", and you blame your class. Here's an idea: stop waiting for Bioware to help you teach us a life lesson. Roll a fotm class and show us just how great you really are.

i like that, they sit here and complain about the class for months, telling us how bad the class is etc yet they still continue to play it. If your unhappy with it just reroll another class, its that simple and then we dont have to see thread after thread about Merc/commando's.

On another note, BioWare have not been replying to PVP threads just as they dont reply to class forum and even the PTS forum threads, they are not going to change the class anytime soo just for the PVPer's, either reroll or learn to live with the class.
Kript - SNX - Harby, Yes its a PVE server but honestly there isn't a lot of open world PVP on the other servers anyway.

Nightkin
10.08.2012 , 07:17 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by heechJunzi View Post
LOL. "Stuck.".

I did reroll, sent over all my WH mods from my Merc to my newly dinged 50 PT and voilá, topped my old dmg record by an additional 140k even when i wasnt 100% familiar with the hotkeys and everything , the only rude awakening i got was to finally realise what utter crap merc is.

On top of that i have a 50 assassin, sage, jug aswell. So i know what i compare with, merc/commando is not viable against good teams.

Technohic
10.08.2012 , 07:53 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by dalevan View Post
Also, only use your casting specials when you have the space and time to use them. If you rely on them too much, you will just get stunned, interrupted, etc. repeatedly. No need to stack tracer missle or grav round. Get what you can off on someone, but use your instant casts more. Spam your regular shot while moving, it actually does more damage than you think. And don't waste specials on people with bubbles on them.

Just my thoughts. I am sure many know better than I, but I think with those basic approaches you can do better with your class. There is always a way to do better at your class no matter what it is. Or you could just play FOTM classes like a lot of the haters on here.
So, you are telling us they are fine. What non-casting specials do you want mercs to use oh wise one?

Volxen
10.08.2012 , 07:54 PM | #120
If they are not going to fix the class, they should at least give every Mercenary/Commando a free AC respec token. People who have put in the effort to level up a Mercenary/Commando to 50 are entitled to at least that much.