1.4 Consolidated Bug/Issues List

recsa

And you think grinding on PTS is supergood?

Most other games have a transfer function, instead of a stupid grind thing, did you ever wonder why?

I didn't say it was good at all, I just offered an explanation as to why so much stuff went untested.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please add these to the bounty hunter/trooper bug list:

- Part of the sound effects for Tracer Missile is missing (it's so quiet now)

- The bounty hunter 'yell' sound effect for Jet Boost is also missing

- Tracer lock & reduced armor from tracer missile heat signature damage boost doesn't seem to be applying properly? (unsure)

- New unload animation for 1handed PT seems buggy especially when I chain it with taunts and other instant abilties that do not use GCD. The unload just fires halfway or doesn't fire at all. Oh and the bolts fly all over the screen.

Also bug for taxis: Taxi disappear halfway and reappear randomly during flight in Corusant and Nar Shadda

I would like to confirm this below. Happened to me today, two times.

Flashpoint: Cademimu if you use the sliced taxi it will close out the game, for everyone in the instance. Happened 3 times today after waiting over an hour in the group finder each time. Each time all players were kicked to desktop as soon as someone entered the taxi.

recsa, I want to thank you for taking this on, and I'm sorry that it has not even been acknowledged officially. My sub is up in 7 days, but I really hope that this will have a positive effect on the future of the game even though I won't be around to see it. I did have a lot of fun playing it prior to 1.4.

somehow I've been missing the sound changes of the gunslinger, charged burst especially:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=536773

maybe I've overlooked it. What I would like to know if this is seen as bug that will be fixed sometime or if someone intentionally changed the sound.

ah and I would also like to thank the OP for the work he put into this.

refused to grind out new characters on it.

Expecting anyone to grind out a new char on the PTS is simply not reasonable, because:

1. This patch was only on the PTS for what? 2 weeks? Not many people can level 1-50 and fully gear out a new toon in that brief period.

2. The PTS has been typically shut down between major patches. Why would anyone want to invest time in a character that they will lose access to for months at a time? And even if it was left up, it was unsupported. It didn't even receive the same bug fixes as the live servers, so you could be playing and reporting bugs from the PTS that don't even occur on live! (Is the PTS itself still up? I see the forum has been closed/locked.)

You can't blame the community for not using the PTS when Bioware gives absolutely no reason to do so, other than being among the first to try out a new op.

Hey folks,

Just wanted to let you know that tomorrow's maintenance should bring in a lot of fixes to some of the top issues seen with 1.4. We're aiming to fix the top-reported issues found here, but keep in mind that with any update, a variety of factors could influence successful implementation. This also doesn't represent a comprehensive list for tomorrow's patch, as we have more fixes going in, but this will give you an idea of the status for top-reported issues.

Thank you for your patience!

Edited by JovethGonzalez

You should be putting up patches whenever you are able to fix a bug, waiting around for 4 days after you announce the maintenance seems silly and get people pissed that the game is more broken than it ever has been. Hot-fixes FTW!

Hey folks,

Just wanted to let you know that tomorrow's maintenance should bring in a lot of fixes to some of the top issues seen with 1.4. We're aiming to fix the top-reported issues found here, but keep in mind that with any update, a variety of factors could influence successful implementation. This also doesn't represent a comprehensive list for tomorrow's patch, as we have more fixes going in, but this will give you an idea of the status for top-reported issues.

FINALLY!! Thank you Joveth. I would not have believed this thread could go on for nearly two weeks without so much as an acknowledgement of its existence by your CMs.

And glad to see your list updated with what you believe will be fixed with the patch tonight. Please keep it updated as much as you can. Even if you can't fix everything at once, or some fixes end up being incomplete, we want to see progress being made.

Hey folks,

I hope everyone at BioWare realizes that it is unacceptable for a patch with so many bugs to luanch.

Whichever guilds were allowed to test the new patch should be replaced.

Hey folks,

We're aiming to fix the top-reported issues found here, but keep in mind that with any update, a variety of factors could influence successful implementation.

Why do I think I'd feel better if he had said "We bought a dozen spare hamsters and will be sacrificing an intern with our fingers crossed." ?

1. FP HM False Emp. When you get the the 2nd boss, the console doesn't work 1/2 the time, allowing you to click it to reduce damage from rockets from ship.

2. A. If I open my map and hit another button in WZ my map gets stuck open and can't close it. Kicked me out of a warzone before because I couldn't click the speeder.

B. Loading screens are full of colors/streaks and stuff that gets stuck on my screen after load up.

C. Character screen has a huge white block covering half of my characters.

D. When you use mouse to look at items it doesn't show the items.

BIGGEST ISSUE I HAVE:

3. PVE que is broken, (I hope it is, and they didn't mean to) You use to be able to que up for PVP and PVE and do either while waiting for que. Now if you que up and enter PVP it kicks you from PVE que. I was on for 2 hours sitting there waiting for PVE HM/OPs on my Sent before finally logging off since I couldn't get a match. Fix that, people leave PVP matches all the time, so don't tell me its to stop people from being short handed.

4. I have a top of the line PC and I have horrible lag. Hut ball will be attacking someone, follow them into the Pit...continue attacking, then all of a sudden they are on the third level coming down the ramp. No one near them to leap/rescue them.

Welp thank you for finally responding Joveth, it took long enough but why couldn't it be done sooner rather than later.It's this lack of communication or responses that fuel the fire so to speak. But any ways thank you for stopping by.

Now , it was mentioned numerous times in different post to nominate the original poster of this thread for Community Roundup , and while it was done twice to my knowledge,they both got deleted...Can you explain the process behind this??

This person has taken an immense effort to bring this stuff to light,without any form of recognition what so ever,so someone wanted to change that and the post gets deleted. Why?

You should be putting up patches whenever you are able to fix a bug, waiting around for 4 days after you announce the maintenance seems silly and get people pissed that the game is more broken than it ever has been. Hot-fixes FTW!

If they (or any team) did that, you'd never be able to play the game. It would be down for patches most of the time.

edit: That being said, they do need to realize that sometimes the bug is just so severe that it warrants an emergency downtime, and I would have argued that some of these fit that bill. I can only assume that the more severe issues were only just recently finally found and fixed, and thus couldn't have been put into an earlier emergency patch... 'course, also possible they still haven't fixed those issues, and they won't even make it in THIS patch...

Edited by GnatB

Here's a UI one: a graphical artifact in the form of a white wall appears on login screen and when the UI is disabled in-game.

Some of these may have already been reported but with regards to TFB HM:

- In the Writhing Horror encounter, larvae spawn regularly before the second & third male, despite no pheromone pool. This appears to be the opening larvae spawn mechanic triggering repeatedly.

- The mobs that spawn with the second data core en route to the Operator encounter will sometimes respawn despite the core being destroyed and combat being complete, and then proceed to attack the party. This continues happening periodically until all operations members have exited the instance.

I will additionally send this is a bug ticket. Cheers!

If they (or any team) did that, you'd never be able to play the game. It would be down for patches most of the time.

edit: That being said, they do need to realize that sometimes the bug is just so severe that it warrants an emergency downtime, and I would have argued that some of these fit that bill. I can only assume that the more severe issues were only just recently finally found and fixed, and thus couldn't have been put into an earlier emergency patch... 'course, also possible they still haven't fixed those issues, and they won't even make it in THIS patch...

They did fix the GTN and one of the more severe "unable to login" bugs within 48 hours.