Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How big a Star Wars fan are you?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
How big a Star Wars fan are you?

Anastastio
10.03.2012 , 07:36 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by bravotwentysev View Post

I will die a star wars fan and as my wife would say I will probably die in a star wars themed casket for my funeral.

Its that part of me that will never die.
DUDE i hope you die before your funeral. Dying at your funeral could be awkward. Although it would be cool to see someone bite it in a Slave I theme casket, perhaps in a casket fight with a Millenium Falcon coffin.....

bravotwentysev
10.03.2012 , 07:38 AM | #32
Yeah meant to say buried in one.

kevlarto
10.03.2012 , 07:57 AM | #33
A huge fan, have been since I watched A New Hope at the drive-in theater... I collect a few things, long time fan..
Do not dwell in the past, do not not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Expectations lead to suffering

adamqd
10.03.2012 , 08:05 AM | #34
6'3, 200lbs.

But yea, big as they come, Films books games comics everything Star Wars all the time.

community/member.php?u=495
Need more inter-faction interaction! Come on, its an MMO!

psandak
10.04.2012 , 09:08 AM | #35
In my youth I was an UBER fan. I saw ANH when it was first released in 1977. My brother and I got our first Kenner action figures shortly thereafter - R2-D2 and C-3PO. We dressed up like Luke and Obi Wan for Halloween that year (my brother being blonde got to be Luke). I got a very low quality copy of ANH and ESTB on VHS (LONG before they were officially released) and watched ANH evert rainy and snowy day. Everywhere we went my brother and I brought our Darth Vader star wars action figure carrying case. We had "lightsaber duels" with giant "Tinker Toys".

When "Heir to the Empire" came out in the early 90's I waited in line to get it and read it within a week (I had two jobs that summer so free time was limited). And continued reading all the books as they came out for more than a decade.

I waited in line for hours for each of the Special Edition movies and bought the VHS box set as soon as it came out. I then bought the DVD box set when it was finally released. For years, about every couple to three months I would break out the OT and watch it

I bought all the games - although I was never really good at the X-wing seris

I stood in line for hours at the opening of TPM. And while not as disappointed as most say they are, it was not as good as I had hoped. I did the same thing for AofC and RotS, and bought all the DVDs

But in all honesty, it was the Vong book series that turned me off Star Wars. Too much doom and gloom for what were supposed to be the heroes. I stopped reading Vong series about half of the way through and stopped reading EU books altogether.

I also no longer watch any of the movies as much as I used to.

That being said, when my brother offered me two movie posters - Star Wars and Empire 10th anniversary (he worked in a movie theater at that time and acquired the posters - when I moved into my new house, I jumped at it and bought a Jedi poster to "complete the set". They hang prominently in my home office/workout room.

But recently with me playing a SW table top RPG and playing this game, I have started reading SW books again.

So, to answer the OP question, I was a hardcore Star Wars fan for a LONG time, but as I've matured my fandom has also matured. I realize that SW is a pop culture icon that 50 years from now people will still be talking about (Ala Gone with the Wind, It's a Wonderful Life, etc), I am glad I was able to witness it first hand, but I am not nearly as hardcore as I once was.

Vectuvius
10.07.2012 , 07:18 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Etapi View Post
LOL, I always try to convince my wife that it is not an obsession, it is a lifestyle, not sure she buys it though.

I have been rebuilding my collection slowly, as a lot of it was thrown out by my mother when I was younger. Even picked up an original R2-D2/C-3PO belt buckle.

Also currently working on my Ep. IV Stormtrooper build, can't wait to wear it.
I've tried to convince my girlfriend the same thing, but whit no succes, but i got her to watch the OT whit me
I am a huge star wars fan i've been one as long as i can remember and iam 24.
I got the Galatic Empire symbol tattooed on the left side of my chest,
"And now you run in search of the Jedi. They are all dead, save one—and one broken Jedi cannot stop the darkness that is to come."-Darth Sion

kirorx
10.08.2012 , 12:05 PM | #37
6'0 , 240 lbs 8% body fat.

A pretty big fan.

Plus i live in Orlando now, so guess who enjoys starwars weekends.....THIS GUY. LOL
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

jarjarloves
10.08.2012 , 12:11 PM | #38
I would say pretty big.

The fact that the prequels made me extremely angry for many years just goes to show how important they were to me. No other movie has ever made me angry. That's when I realized that only something I love so much could make me so angry.

Michlevek
10.08.2012 , 02:45 PM | #39
big fan, everyone says im obsessed and i agree. sadly ive never had the money for a costume or i would have made myself a mandalorian-jedi costume and gotten a build it yourself lightsaber.

kirorx
10.09.2012 , 11:38 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Michlevek View Post
big fan, everyone says im obsessed and i agree. sadly ive never had the money for a costume or i would have made myself a mandalorian-jedi costume and gotten a build it yourself lightsaber.
got me beat, i cant pull myself to do the costume thing yet. I have hit the conventions when they are in town. I work with a guy that does dress up for that stuff so maybe next year, if he can conveince me I will cross over to the costumed world.

Now what to be.....
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU