Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merc is TERRIBLE

manchusabre
10.08.2012 , 01:48 PM | #81
I ended up trying assault. You should try pyro.

Adellion
10.08.2012 , 02:10 PM | #82
That disengage ability would be brilliant. They should make it so that it only works in PvP areas or warzones, so that it has no effect on PvE. In the same way the mercenaries "chaff flare" (threat lowering move) is only useful (and therefore used) in PvE, I don't see why there should be a problem with having a move that only works in PvP.

Or you could have a disengage ability like a Juggernaut's Intercede (on same cooldown) which then grants a few seconds immunity to moves like force pull, grapple and force charge/Obliviate (that way, the disengage ability doesn't become hugely OP in Huttball, though that being said, warriors in Huttball are far too mobile for that warzone imo) :P
You said you would never let go... you lied.

DkSharktooth
10.08.2012 , 02:27 PM | #83

Hexdoll
10.08.2012 , 02:29 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by DkSharktooth View Post
^this

heechJunzi
10.08.2012 , 02:40 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by DkSharktooth View Post
LMAO!!

Anyways. Just did 5 ranked matches this morning against a geared (but not top tier) guild. Won most, led damage and killing blows in 3 of the 5 matches.

Still say commando is just fine.
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jünzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

Volxen
10.08.2012 , 02:43 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by heechJunzi View Post
LMAO!!

Anyways. Just did 5 ranked matches this morning against a geared (but not top tier) guild. Won most, led damage and killing blows in 3 of the 5 matches.

Doesn't mean anything. You would still be better off and contributing more to your team as a Gunslinger.

SlimsPicken
10.08.2012 , 02:50 PM | #87
lol...

Hey Werdan/Trace...this thread sound familiar?

it reminds me of all that wasted beta feedback we gave.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

Technohic
10.08.2012 , 02:57 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by manchusabre View Post
I ended up trying assault. You should try pyro.
Go try pyro on a powertech and mercenary both, then tell me how you feel about that being the mercs best PVP option.

I'm dead serious because I agree that Pyro is probably the better tree for merc on PvP DPS. If you try it on both ACs, you will see the problem pretty easily. Whether you make it work just fine as merc or not.

tehrealdealz
10.08.2012 , 03:16 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by heechJunzi View Post
LMAO!!

Great. Now imagine if you were using one of the top tier dps classes? you'd be doing about twice as much dps if not more AND also providing utility to your team.
Typical reaction to end game content from fresh level 50.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRx49-leiRE
Quote of the Month: "A wise man once said don't try to be a great man just be a man and let history sort it out." -- Random swtor pugger still wearing greens at 50.

UGLYMRJ
10.08.2012 , 03:17 PM | #90
I don't even have a Merc and while some can do well... the class def needs some love.

Really I just think it's awesome that this is the only thread for as far as I could click that had 5 stars.