Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy of Crafting clarification?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Legacy of Crafting clarification?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sabredance
10.08.2012 , 06:55 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
Is the credit cost really worth is for a total 3% chance? My ship droid seems to be doing fine with the +5 Synthweaving piece.

http://imageshack.us/a/img27/3588/augments.jpg
IŽd love to buy your ship droid !

wainot-keel
10.08.2012 , 08:20 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
Is the credit cost really worth is for a total 3% chance? My ship droid seems to be doing fine with the +5 Synthweaving piece.

http://imageshack.us/a/img27/3588/augments.jpg

Well, not all professions have a +5 crit from a droid part. In the end, if you craft a lot, list a lot stuff on the GTN that 3% extra crit will matter in the long run. If I had a Cybertech, crafting some rank 26 stuff, damn.... just 1 crit pays the costs of the legacy perk (and more)

chriscshunter
05.01.2013 , 06:17 AM | #53
06.28.2012 , 08:47 AM
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
The Legacy tooltip could be more clear - we'll look at improving it in the future. The perk itself (as noted earlier in the thread) does increase the chance of getting an augment slot on items that can have them. For items that can't, it gives you an increased chance for the effect of a critical when crafting those items (like producing an extra item).
How much farther into the future will it be before someone types a better description in game?

Asavrede
05.01.2013 , 06:21 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!

So all this time I could have been crafting augment kits and augments with a higher chance!?!?

You all fail SO HARD.

In the future, please have someone that has the talent of paying attention to details review the explanations for stuff like this. We actually trust what we read when you provide information on a tooltip. This is the same as you telling us that something does 1k damage when it really does 2k. this would cause enrage ti9mes and the like needlessly. In this case, I did not get what I should have gotten because someone on your end does not know how to communicate clearly and completely.
Err yes - but you fail hard at reading comprehension. The fact that it gives a higher chance to crit on any crafted item has been known (and commented on by BW) for quite some time.

In fact the tooltip is perfectly clear - it works like it says it works.

Ancaglon
05.01.2013 , 09:10 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Asavrede View Post
Err yes - but you fail hard at reading comprehension. The fact that it gives a higher chance to crit on any crafted item has been known (and commented on by BW) for quite some time.

In fact the tooltip is perfectly clear - it works like it says it works.
Yes, replying in May 2013 to a post that was made in June 2012 is full of win... "quite some time" indeed

Asavrede
05.01.2013 , 10:27 AM | #56
Well I didn't revive a zombie thread, so I didn't check dates It doesn't change the fact that the ability does exactly what it says it does, though.

Darthflowmotion
05.01.2013 , 09:26 PM | #57
does the 3% affect implantts..?

KostonxEld
05.01.2013 , 11:09 PM | #58
Have been wondering about this perk for quite some time also. Bought it on my crafters already. I just want to know it is doing something. And yes, a may 2012 post from a dev saying they will change the wording on this, and it has yet to be changed in game!!!! A year later Comeon!!!
Bring it on Sith, the Jedi shall prevail!

Dallayna
05.02.2013 , 12:43 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
Well, not all professions have a +5 crit from a droid part. In the end, if you craft a lot, list a lot stuff on the GTN that 3% extra crit will matter in the long run. If I had a Cybertech, crafting some rank 26 stuff, damn.... just 1 crit pays the costs of the legacy perk (and more)
Actually, if you buy the Ship Repair Droid legacy perk, yes, any and all characters on your accound have access to a +5 crit droid part at least for C2 and 2V.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/207/itemssold.jpg/

Darthflowmotion
05.02.2013 , 04:10 PM | #60
ive had the part for awhile.. does efficiency only speed up crafting or does it increase crit..