Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The PvP after 1.4 is AMAZING

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The PvP after 1.4 is AMAZING

Missandei
10.08.2012 , 07:05 AM | #1
It is absolutely fits the overall concept of the EA/BW management...
Yup, such a game with such a bugs must not be permitted to have other PvP than we have now..

Like when one geared Operative can easily outheal 2 people ganking him..

Like when i (as full aug WH minmaxed ShadowTank) go for mid in Alderaan with geared healer and we managed to outlive the 5(!) attackers, killing 3 of them and would easily kill all of them by ourselves if some Sentinel wont spoil the «fun», joining the party and killing the rest of them..

Like when my fresh 50lvl Gunslinger cant bring down almost any WH geared foe.. To suffer from 5k+ hits having 15K health is another fun story..

Yes. This is all about gear.
But the strange thing is a mentality.. While ganking the 20-30lvl people on Tatoine by your 50lvl toon is considered as a bad taste, ganking the Recruits in WZ by your full minmaxed WH toon is ok..
lol..

So it is a big problem in 50 lvl PvP.

- Being fresh 50lvl you are have absolutely no fun in WZ due to the fact that you are a real burden to your team. You cant do anything usefull and only reason for you to be in WZ is to be cannon fodder (easy target) for opposing team.

- Being full geared 50Lvl you are have absolutely no fun in wz due to the fact that you are one-shotting all the Recruits..

Without one more bracket for 50lvl, PvP will degrade more and more...
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Andar
10.08.2012 , 07:37 AM | #2
Hey if you guys need some alone time, the PM system is great here on the forums. I heard it holds an extra 5gigs of rage storage.

MusicRider
10.08.2012 , 08:11 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Andar View Post
Hey if you guys need some alone time, the PM system is great here on the forums. I heard it holds an extra 5gigs of rage storage.
Isn't it how all romances start? :P And they have in common that they are multilingual .

warultima
10.08.2012 , 08:27 AM | #4
Mara PTs rage Juggs Sins are all very satisfied with pvp indeed.
Also my rwz groups ops heal tankasin duo has tanked and held off 7 people at grass while our main group travelled from snow, by the time we got there the tankasin has taken out 3 while the 4 others still trying to beat down the healer and fail.

you have no idea what we can do. grins
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

SlimsPicken
10.08.2012 , 10:51 AM | #5
niiiiiiice.

come at me bros!

edit: and while i agree with some of the content and idea behind OPs post, it does come off as passive aggressive whinge.

The games got a gear wall issue. we know.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

Leafy_Bug
10.08.2012 , 11:08 AM | #6
Missandei has very valid points and picking on his language skills says a lot about how serious some people on this board are. More and more people are quitting the game and this should be a warning to those who think nothing is wrong. Keep telling people to 'rage, l2p, go away, can i have your stuff etc,' while you notice the population on your servers going down. Ignoring current problems will not bode well for anyone. Having said that, keep insulting people who actually want the game to succeed. Reroll your FOTM and move on while the game dies.

PS: regarding recruit gear, my scoundrel has it. While it is campaign/ bh for months I took it for a spin in pvp yesterday. last time i played with my scoundrel was end of august. It was actually quite fun to gank people do 6k dmg while getting smashed for 7k. No worries, you dust off, respawn and go back with the flechette round . This toon will never have wh gear unless i decide to farm with my shadow.

tehrealdealz
10.08.2012 , 11:33 AM | #7
Pfft 5 gigs isnt big enough for my rage. I play an arsenal merc.
Typical reaction to end game content from fresh level 50.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRx49-leiRE
Quote of the Month: "A wise man once said don't try to be a great man just be a man and let history sort it out." -- Random swtor pugger still wearing greens at 50.

Devilk
10.08.2012 , 03:19 PM | #8
Learn to stun the operative? Interrupt big heals?

Xerain
10.08.2012 , 05:44 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
It is absolutely fits the overall concept of the EA/BW management...
Yup, such a game with such a bugs must not be permitted to have other PvP than we have now..

Like when one geared Operative can easily outheal 2 people ganking him..

Well those two people are terrible then

Like when i (as full aug WH minmaxed ShadowTank) go for mid in Alderaan with geared healer and we managed to outlive the 5(!) attackers, killing 3 of them and would easily kill all of them by ourselves if some Sentinel wont spoil the «fun», joining the party and killing the rest of them..

What? Out strating baddies is op'ed? I guess guard+taunt+self heals+healer that can stay mobile+HOT's+ defensive cd's= op'ed huh? People don't know how to split their dps or just CC the tank down and pull the healer out of guard range is op'ed huh?

Like when my fresh 50lvl Gunslinger cant bring down almost any WH geared foe.. To suffer from 5k+ hits having 15K health is another fun story..

Oh noes I didn't put as much time in and I want carebear gear gime gimme gimme.

Yes. This is all about gear.
But the strange thing is a mentality.. While ganking the 20-30lvl people on Tatoine by your 50lvl toon is considered as a bad taste, ganking the Recruits in WZ by your full minmaxed WH toon is ok..
lol..

Oh noes! WWAAHHH

So it is a big problem in 50 lvl PvP.

It took me a weekend to full war BM gear my assassin... Stop complaining.

- Being fresh 50lvl you are have absolutely no fun in WZ due to the fact that you are a real burden to your team. You cant do anything usefull and only reason for you to be in WZ is to be cannon fodder (easy target) for opposing team.

- Being full geared 50Lvl you are have absolutely no fun in wz due to the fact that you are one-shotting all the Recruits..

Without one more bracket for 50lvl, PvP will degrade more and more...
No you degrade more and more!

Laforet
10.08.2012 , 06:06 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Devilk View Post
Learn to stun the operative? Interrupt big heals?
Stun OK, interrupt no. Good operatives do not rely on big heals to stay up.

Even if you stun the hell outta him, if you do it early he will roflchopper at your face when he gets outa stun with 30% hp and proceed to spam his thing. If you want to keep your stun until he reaches 30%, well good luck taking a good operative to 30% without stunning him. Its a catch-22.

PS: Xerain is the most clueless players ive ever saw, and once i got into a WZ with him i loled even more because he cant touch me, imagine a good geared healing OP. Clueless FOTM wannabe PvP hero is clueless.
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Some people once said i was arrogant. The state of sorc healing throught RotHC taught me humility. Bioware made me a better person.