Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gearing up for PvP in this game is really bad.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Gearing up for PvP in this game is really bad.

Injudicator
10.05.2012 , 02:26 PM | #31
Quote:
Heh, brings me back to old times where you had to gather 4-7 people to make a party, and hack n slash mobs for 3 hours just to get rec for item, then 6 hours of slashing to get special mats to make few of those items, then scavenging on market for cheap matts or more grind for 'normal materials', and in the end, only 60% chance of success
not complaining, it just makes me giggle when people are saying it's long and hard here....
Sounds like Lineage 2

RazielHex
10.08.2012 , 01:02 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Eyesmindassassin View Post
Why are you lying?.
I'll expect a written apology by the end of the week.

Ovan_Oh-One
10.08.2012 , 01:27 AM | #33
Since they removed the requirement for WH weapons and reduced the commendations, it's actually possible to have
around 1,100 expertise as soon as you hit 50. (I'll have 1,103 which is 21.36% damage boost, 17.60 damage reduction, and 11.78% heal boost, and about 15.8k HP.)

Save up 3,500 Ranked comms.
Save up 2,000 Warzone comms.

Buy the WH mainhand which leaves you at 1,500 RWZ comms.
I bought the boots and headpiece with my WZ comms, which is 1,950 in total. Transfer the remaining RWZ comms over to WZ comms and buy the Battlemaster offhand for 1550. Or whatever piece(s) you want.

Honestly, the gear gap isn't that bad. It's your own fault if you're in a warzone without any decent gear.
Artist formerly known as Agyo.
Ketwol
Enra

Devilk
10.08.2012 , 02:29 AM | #34
lawl, you know what was worse? Saving up all those shiny commendations, buying a box that MAY have a direct trade token but most likely will not. The gear grind now is FAR better than it was at launch. At least now you can get your gear relative to time invested where as before it was complete chance and frustrating.

Atramar
10.08.2012 , 04:58 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Injudicator View Post
Sounds like Lineage 2
Bingo.
Sweet old times.
Prodobly wouldn't work now, with full time job, family, life, etc.
Even in need for speed, (like most wanted for example) you some times had to do extra races to buy that new tires and engine from shop, or new car + upgrades...
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

xxIncubixx
10.08.2012 , 06:50 AM | #36
why do people want everything handed to them? there needs to be a carrot... or else no one will do pvp simple as that. pvp for the sake of pvp gets boring pretty fast. GW2 boring style.

Arkerus
10.08.2012 , 07:17 AM | #37
Gearing up in most other games is much harder. It's even harder in panda land wow. I don't like grinds either but you get to play while you earn comms. The whole point isn't the goal, it's the journey. If it was any easier they would have to hand out BM and that sounds ridiculous considering WH isn't any significant advantage over BM.

If they do anything it should be allowing a player to carry 3000 regular WZ comms instead of 2000.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Minack
10.08.2012 , 07:20 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by xxIncubixx View Post
why do people want everything handed to them? there needs to be a carrot... or else no one will do pvp simple as that. pvp for the sake of pvp gets boring pretty fast. GW2 boring style.
Maybe for a carebear like you.

arkitip
10.08.2012 , 07:52 AM | #39
The timing of this post is really odd, since as of 1.4 the grind is easier than it has ever been. WH off hands have a 61 armoring that isn't slot restricted for 2k rwz comms. If you're lucky, that off hand even has a mod and enhancement with power on it and you're golden.

LordExozone
10.08.2012 , 07:53 AM | #40
And when you finally get your full set of augmented warhero...they up the level cap making them useless
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.