Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merc is TERRIBLE

Dovahbrah
10.08.2012 , 01:08 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Asturias View Post
What more do you want but I will give you this "Mercs do have a higher learning curve than any other class out there". It truly is a advance class to play in terms of mechanics and situations and I like that. I wouldn't of played it for so long if it was pure easy mode.
LOL

5char
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman

Jherad
10.08.2012 , 01:10 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Asturias View Post
I was under the impression that it interrupts current action in meaning that whatever ability they use next it interrupts that ability because it becomes the current action performed and it doesn't make sense when you fire off a disabling shot when there action is already performed.
Yeah, you\re mistaken. It does absolutely nothing against instants, and only interrupts a channeled or cast ability that is being used as you activate it (so if you see someone casting a heal, use it).

As such, it has absolutely no place in a rotation. It is a situational ability to be used to counter something that is happening in realtime. It's as crazy as putting concussive charge into your rotation. Just silly.

Quote: Originally Posted by heechJunzi View Post
I would say I'm at least in the top 10% of sentinels on my server. That's me being reasonable humble. I really, really don't agree commando as a class is crippled / weak or whatever. I don't get to win many 1v3s, which I've done regularly on my sentinel in regular wz (against poorly geared guys obviously)... But in terms of damage, kills, objectives, impact on the game.... I think my commando is doing fine.
So, how's your commando against the top teams in rated WZs? Got any videos?
WFW - Waiting For Wildstar
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

xxIncubixx
10.08.2012 , 01:22 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Acherus View Post
The new 70% snare on full auto and immobilize on stock strike make gunnery just as good if not better than assault in pvp after assault got nerfed.

People need to get out of this mindset that assault is better no matter what.
right because gunnery is immune to interrupts... oh wait.

Volxen
10.08.2012 , 01:29 AM | #64
"Merc is fine. Learn to play."

-- re-roll Marauder, day of patch 1.2

TheronFett
10.08.2012 , 02:26 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
So, how's your commando against the top teams in rated WZs? Got any videos?
This is it right here, kids. The be-all, end-all of this thread. I have yet to see anyone post vids of a Merc in ranked matches "doing just fine". Where are all the vids from these keyboard commandos saying how awesome they are?

DPS Merc is great for PvE and for scrub PvP matches against players who don't know what they're doing. Aside from that, the class is severely gimped, and a liability on any competitive team.

warultima
10.08.2012 , 03:06 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
This is it right here, kids. The be-all, end-all of this thread. I have yet to see anyone post vids of a Merc in ranked matches "doing just fine". Where are all the vids from these keyboard commandos saying how awesome they are?

DPS Merc is great for PvE and for scrub PvP matches against players who don't know what they're doing. Aside from that, the class is severely gimped, and a liability on any competitive team.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjnD6NdC3e4
Typical WZ.
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

Volxen
10.08.2012 , 03:11 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by warultima View Post
Lmfao.

Veyss
10.08.2012 , 03:17 AM | #68
Ok, so there are ideas how to add survivability to the
class like a jetpack escape etc.

Someone mentioned the fact that cover makes those classes that use it uninterruptable and unchargable.

How about adding an ability called "hover" to the mercenary and an appropriate counterpart to the commando.

What it would do is in case of the mercenary:

He would use his jetpack to float in midair for a few gcds and during this time he could not be interrupted or charged. Balancing of this ability could be done by adjusting its cooldown.

Would this be of any help?
Trust your feelings!

Polebreaker
10.08.2012 , 03:43 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by warultima View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAq7P9HIRjU

Not my vid! But still pretty accurate 8)

yoomazir
10.08.2012 , 04:09 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Polebreaker View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAq7P9HIRjU

Not my vid! But still pretty accurate 8)
Hahaha, too bad I wasn't there when mercs were viable.