Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mace Windu vs Kyle Katarn

BrandonSM
10.07.2012 , 01:29 PM | #1
In my opinion, Mace wins..
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

ToEasy
10.07.2012 , 01:58 PM | #2
Mace Windu would most likely win this. He has shatterpoint so that would give him a big advantage.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu

Ardim
10.07.2012 , 02:14 PM | #3
As much as I like Kyle, I'd have to give it to Mace. Still, it would be a pretty good fight and it really could go either way depending on the circumstances/situation (Though, like I said, the odds lean towards Mace).
The Alabaster Legacy
Server: Jedi Covenant
Isaac: Sith Marauder Skradin: Mercenary Washington: Operative

BenjaminminU
10.07.2012 , 02:21 PM | #4
Kyle would let Mace give a hit past his defence, and then block it with his beard while slashing him across the chest.

Either that or while blocking one of Master Windu's attacks, blast him in the face with a bryar pistol under his beard.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Kilikaa
10.07.2012 , 02:29 PM | #5
Kyle Katarn hands down. I always felt Windu was over-rated. Yes, he was powerful, but I was never impressed. To be honest, I always felt Kenobi could beat Windu. Katarn for the win!

BrandonSM
10.07.2012 , 02:40 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
Kyle Katarn hands down. I always felt Windu was over-rated. Yes, he was powerful, but I was never impressed. To be honest, I always felt Kenobi could beat Windu. Katarn for the win!
You need to go read up on Windu's skills..
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Slowpokeking
10.07.2012 , 02:40 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
He soloed an army in the clone wars.

MasterMe
10.07.2012 , 02:56 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
He soloed an army in the clone wars.
That's truth right there. Don't doubt my man Mace!

Aurbere
10.07.2012 , 04:11 PM | #9
Kyle Katarn is one of the best duelists out there, but Mace Windu is on another level. He's one of the few Jedi that can go toe-to-toe with many of the NJO. He's a true Lightsaber master.

This is how the duel goes down. The two meet on an even plain- Dantooine. They give a gesture of respect towards each other and activate their Lightsabers. Windu makes the first move, landing a two-handed strike that connects with Katarn's raised Lightsaber. Kyle pushes off and attempts to slash Windu's upper chest. Mace Windu steps back and Force Push's Kyle ten meters back. Katarn gets up in order to quickly deflect another attack by Mace Windu.

(This is where it gets interesting.)
Seeing that Windu won't back down, Kyle begins to rely on some Dark Side abilities. Feeling the Dark Side in Katarn, Windu takes advantage of his Vaapad form and, with a combination of shatterpoint, beats down the venerable master and 'dis-arms' him.

Windu wins because of Vaapad and the fact that Kyle uses the Dark Side in certain situations. That's one of the reasons he beat Sidious.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

GymQuirk
10.07.2012 , 04:30 PM | #10
Actually, it boils down to Mace's Bald of Awesome vs. Kyle's ****** Beard.

Gym "Double dark side points for dual TV Tropes links. Whee!!!" Quirk
As if I have anything worth putting in a signature...