Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merc is TERRIBLE

warultima
10.07.2012 , 12:25 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Acherus View Post
I won't lie, my performance on just about any other class far exceeds what I can do on my commando.

But it is better off than it was last patch for sure.
Why would you retire FotM shadow in favor of a Commando?
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

heechJunzi
10.07.2012 , 12:33 PM | #22
I only had time for 2 matches on my commando yesterday. Led damage (and kills) with 600k and 500k, two wins and finished daily.

I play as pyro, but I think commando is fine for those who know how to play. And it's much easier post 1.4. I'm fine 1v1 versus most marauders (if I'm not guarding an objective and can kite at will), although top 25% would probably wreck me.
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jünzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

tehrealdealz
10.07.2012 , 12:48 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by mdtk View Post
I play a commando as do alot of other 50s on my server. We are some of the most wanted players. 1v1 I can almost kill anything that has the same or slightly better gear then me. You just need to learn how to play your class.
ROFL. Yah bro I guess all the thousands of threads on how the commando/merc AC is completely ****ed in PVP must be totally wrong right? No they arent. I play a merc myself valor rank 90 and I can tell you that pvping as Arsenal is a death sentence in any WZ. As soon as the other team sees me shooting tracers, I'm like a *********** magnet to marauders/juggs/assassin lol. Dont get me wrong I still do on average 300-350k damage in a WZ so our damage is there, we just have no utility and no survivability outside our crappy shield.

And before anyone says, you just have to pick your spots or you dont know how to position yourself in a WZ thats why you get targeted. Nope. Wen I run with my guild I make sure to stay behind the lines and make it as hard as possible for the opposite team to get me but I swear, Mercs just have a knack for attracting unwanted attention. I recall one match in a Void star where I had a Sentinel and a Shadow literally run past my healer and the rest of my guildies just to get to me.

The thing with Mercs is that when we are left alone we can absolutely shred the enemy but then again the same thing can be said about Gunslingers and Snipers, except they are uninteruptable and cant be charged, which gives them an edge over any arsenal merc.
Typical reaction to end game content from fresh level 50.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRx49-leiRE
Quote of the Month: "A wise man once said don't try to be a great man just be a man and let history sort it out." -- Random swtor pugger still wearing greens at 50.

Asturias
10.07.2012 , 12:59 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by mdtk View Post
I play a commando as do alot of other 50s on my server. We are some of the most wanted players. 1v1 I can almost kill anything that has the same or slightly better gear then me. You just need to learn how to play your class.
Agree here. I am fully warhero out and with the added interrupt ability I can be more competitive in a 1 on 1 situation. I have actually won more battles in a 1 on 1 match now than before and I switched to arsenal spec and I love it.
Jung Ma RP-PvP server
Asturias (Main) Mercenary Fross Juggernaut (Alt)
Rhinus (Alt) Sith Assassin Bastion PvP Server
"Credits is what gets me motivated".

tehrealdealz
10.07.2012 , 01:03 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by warultima View Post
Why would you retire FotM shadow in favor of a Commando?
Probably doesnt want to be labled a FOTM Reroller / Player.
Typical reaction to end game content from fresh level 50.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRx49-leiRE
Quote of the Month: "A wise man once said don't try to be a great man just be a man and let history sort it out." -- Random swtor pugger still wearing greens at 50.

Asturias
10.07.2012 , 01:22 PM | #26
I have been a strong advocate for getting a interupt ability and now that we have one here is something you all need to add to your rotation in a one on one battle.

Melee classes: Rocket Punch > Jet Boost > Power Surge > Fusion Missle > Disabling Shot > Unload

Now if your faced against a jumper your Rocket Punch should of cooled down by this time so

Rocket Punch > Get to a safe distance > Disabling shot > Electro Dart > Death from above.

Switch out Power shot with Missile Blast and use it with Rapid fire and only use Tracer missile when not targeted.

Arsenal Mercs are viable in combat and I have been having lots of fun in this game with the new added interupt ability.

Forgot to mention we also have Electro Dart to use at any given time just try not to be so trigger happy when using your defensive abilities.
Jung Ma RP-PvP server
Asturias (Main) Mercenary Fross Juggernaut (Alt)
Rhinus (Alt) Sith Assassin Bastion PvP Server
"Credits is what gets me motivated".

ArchangelLBC
10.07.2012 , 04:24 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Asturias View Post
I have been a strong advocate for getting a interupt ability and now that we have one here is something you all need to add to your rotation in a one on one battle.

Melee classes: Rocket Punch > Jet Boost > Power Surge > Fusion Missle > Disabling Shot > Unload

Now if your faced against a jumper your Rocket Punch should of cooled down by this time so

Rocket Punch > Get to a safe distance > Disabling shot > Electro Dart > Death from above.

Switch out Power shot with Missile Blast and use it with Rapid fire and only use Tracer missile when not targeted.

Arsenal Mercs are viable in combat and I have been having lots of fun in this game with the new added interupt ability.

Forgot to mention we also have Electro Dart to use at any given time just try not to be so trigger happy when using your defensive abilities.
You do realize the interrupt does nothing unless there's something to interrupt right? Or is disabling shot something different than the new interrupt that I'm just not aware what the mirror is?

On topic, yes DPS Commando/Merc is awful for PVP. No, the devs don't care and aren't going to change it for the better anytime soon.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

TheronFett
10.07.2012 , 04:29 PM | #28
PvP in general gets more and more terrible with each "fix" since 1.1.5.

Hexdoll
10.07.2012 , 04:47 PM | #29
yeah rocket punch them and slowly run away ....awesome defense ......why not give them a grapple and a taunt also

yoomazir
10.07.2012 , 05:29 PM | #30
This post may contain grammar mistakes, I don't care, I'm too tired of this game.

Merc Arsenal/Pyro (depends of the guild pve raids) here, rank valor 81, full WH with one Elite WH weapon atm.

Today's pvp: Voidstar, trying to cap door, one Guardian defending it, casting tracer missile, interrupted, I get force chocke, I remove it, in the meantime I get a smash, trying to cast another tracer, force push, saber throw+jumps at me, smash, I try to Jet Boost him, doesn't work, in despair I launch HM, RS and some rapid shots & then I die. The Guardian lad had 70% hp left.

Civil War: A Sentinel from far away, cast on him 3 tm, nice, HM launch, very nice, Rail Shot it's him, amazingly nice, hp to 50%, jumps at me, couple of shots at me, jet boost him, he vanish, repops a bit later, launch all his offensive skills on me, I stun him (I'm at 20-30% hp), TM+ Unload, he pops god mode button, I die, he walks away to another victim.

Hutball: nearly instant ganked by a scoundrel and later on by some shadow, then later there's a Vanguard that grabs me and basically instant kills me since my channeling attacks takes forever to be casted, I do my crappy damage with a rocket punch, RS, HM, some rapid shots, and then I die.

Even with the 3 Tracer Missile stacked on an ennemy doesn't do anything, armor penetration? armor debuff? it ain't worth **** in pvp.

Pyro is the only way to go in pvpas a merc dps, but if you go pyro, better use the optimal version: Vanguard/PT

Learn from my mistake if you are playing a freshly new merc/commando, unless you wanna be a healer, don't play this advanced class, it's a complete utter waste of time.