Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Respect Revan


MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
10.07.2012 , 11:17 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
This is part where I don't like Revanites.


You were just telling another poster to stop with their opinions and bring fact/canon statements. I brought canon fact and you completely dismissed it saying "we can agree to disagree."

This is seen in allot of Revanites, asking for canon fact and then when somebody brings it, its completely dismissed.


And please don't be insulted by the term "Revanite". Its just a name, like the Exile fans are the Exiles or something like that.
Brandon, I wasn't talking to you when I said that. You misunderstood me.

BrandonSM's Avatar


BrandonSM
10.07.2012 , 11:20 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Brandon, I wasn't talking to you when I said that. You misunderstood me.
Oh... I got a little angry... mis-communication.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Temeluchus's Avatar


Temeluchus
10.07.2012 , 01:03 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Ah, a light bulb came up in my head.

Love is a emotion. Emotion isn't part of the light side. So therefore, if you use love, then you're using a unorthodox force belief.

You say that Revan cannot use both sides of the force. Perhaps this statement isn't as contraversial as you think.

Take Luke for example. Did he not love Mara Jade? Is that right?

If this is so, they why do you refuse to believe that Revan can't weild the force as the novel says? Have you ever read the novel? Because if you think about it both Luke and Revan use love. If you can believe Revan using the force as stated, then why can't you believe Revan could do the same?

Like I said before, I'm with you. Revan is a powerful Jedi and a great character but he is severely diminished in the presence of canonically more powerful beings like Sidious, Kun, Vader, Luke,Yoda and on and on.

Listen, even if Revan didn't use both sides he is still a powerful being.
Because George Lucas said you can't. It's G-canon, which means in the SWU it's like the word of God being handed down to us mere mortals,regardless of whether you think said "God" is an idiot,genius or both.

No matter what the novel said, it's lesser canon than G-canon and is trumped by what Lucas and Chee say. You can disagree and choose to believe something else in your personal perception of the SWU but the fact remains G-canon offically says it can't be done.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

BrandonSM's Avatar


BrandonSM
10.07.2012 , 01:08 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Ah, a light bulb came up in my head.

Love is a emotion. Emotion isn't part of the light side. So therefore, if you use love, then you're using a unorthodox force belief.

You say that Revan cannot use both sides of the force. Perhaps this statement isn't as contraversial as you think.

Take Luke for example. Did he not love Mara Jade? Is that right?

If this is so, they why do you refuse to believe that Revan can't weild the force as the novel says? Have you ever read the novel? Because if you think about it both Luke and Revan use love. If you can believe Revan using the force as stated, then why can't you believe Revan could do the same?

Listen, even if Revan didn't use both sides he is still a powerful being.
What happened with Luke and Mara Jade is a perfect example to why Light-Siders can't Love.


When she died, he went out on a rage mode with Lumiya(If I remember correctly). Do you hear me? RAGE MODE!

Thats why PJO don't practice Love because losing it could turn you to the Dark-Side.

Luke isn't fully Light-Sided, when he gets ANGRY he sometimes will use a Dark-Side Ability. Samething with Kyle Katarn. But they will never use them at the same time. You can't be angry and Peaceful at the same time!
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
10.07.2012 , 02:59 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Temeluchus View Post
Because George Lucas said you can't. It's G-canon, which means in the SWU it's like the word of God being handed down to us mere mortals,regardless of whether you think said "God" is an idiot,genius or both.

No matter what the novel said, it's lesser canon than G-canon and is trumped by what Lucas and Chee say. You can disagree and choose to believe something else in your personal perception of the SWU but the fact remains G-canon offically says it can't be done.
I understand that.

I guess I'm not arguing with canon so much as wondering out-loud if perhaps Luke used something similar to Revan. You don't think so? He obviously loved Mara Jade. So what do you make of that?

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
10.07.2012 , 03:03 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
What happened with Luke and Mara Jade is a perfect example to why Light-Siders can't Love.


When she died, he went out on a rage mode with Lumiya(If I remember correctly). Do you hear me? RAGE MODE!

Thats why PJO don't practice Love because losing it could turn you to the Dark-Side.

Luke isn't fully Light-Sided, when he gets ANGRY he sometimes will use a Dark-Side Ability. Samething with Kyle Katarn. But they will never use them at the same time. You can't be angry and Peaceful at the same time!
I suppose that this is true........... darnit. I guess my Luke analogy wasn't as great as I thought.

fellblade's Avatar


fellblade
10.08.2012 , 06:53 AM | #67
Revan like most characters tends to be.....

Somewhat Overrated by their biggest Fans
Somewhat Underrated by their biggest critcs

However, I will say that Revan seems to be more extreme than most - Where he is VERY Overrated by a lot of his fans and VERY underrated by a lot of his critics.... (although I would tend to say that the Overrating is probably the greater factor )

however, I am still finding that there is probably still quite a lot of key information out there about him that we don't know (which people tend to fill in the gaps with opinion) -

For instance - talking of Duelling - can someone actually tell me Canonically which Lightsaber form/form(s) Revan was trained in - and to what degree?
It is pretty hard to really accurately assess a (Duelling) matchup with him vs whoever without this kind of info for a start......

Although, I am not a subscriber of the PT Jedi beating everything before them - (I won't get into the details for a long debate)...
But lets say I match up Ki Adi Mundi vs Exar Kun...... I would give that matchup to Exar Kun..... and he was a Sith Lord of an era BEFORE that of Revan - to me it is still more about the specific individual.......
Quote: Originally Posted by Barringer View Post
Tulak Hord is only an unknown because he killed anyone that has ever seen him fight.

CephalicRex's Avatar


CephalicRex
10.08.2012 , 07:41 AM | #68
^^^ Yeah, Revan is a very polarized character in the Star Wars community. People either love him or hate him. However, I see way more Revan and Revanite bashing on these forums than anything else. "I hate revanites, they argue against cannon", "Revanites are so stupid, we have facts". Well, facts and cannon or not, that is still trolling in the sense that it provokes people that like Revan into arguing. Either that or they are part of that Star Wars Elitist, ego-stroking crowd that gets off on showing everybody else up with their uber knowledge of every fact and cannon in Star Wars.

I sense this topic is more about the bashing than it is about cannon and facts; otherwise, the topic maker wouldn't have had the nerve to respond to all the sharp criticism that rears its head all the time.

This topic is more of a response to a sentiment ubiquitous on the forums more than it is a statement.

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
10.08.2012 , 02:09 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by fellblade View Post
Revan like most characters tends to be.....

Somewhat Overrated by their biggest Fans
Somewhat Underrated by their biggest critcs

However, I will say that Revan seems to be more extreme than most - Where he is VERY Overrated by a lot of his fans and VERY underrated by a lot of his critics.... (although I would tend to say that the Overrating is probably the greater factor )

however, I am still finding that there is probably still quite a lot of key information out there about him that we don't know (which people tend to fill in the gaps with opinion) -

For instance - talking of Duelling - can someone actually tell me Canonically which Lightsaber form/form(s) Revan was trained in - and to what degree?
It is pretty hard to really accurately assess a (Duelling) matchup with him vs whoever without this kind of info for a start......

Although, I am not a subscriber of the PT Jedi beating everything before them - (I won't get into the details for a long debate)...
But lets say I match up Ki Adi Mundi vs Exar Kun...... I would give that matchup to Exar Kun..... and he was a Sith Lord of an era BEFORE that of Revan - to me it is still more about the specific individual.......
You're absolutely right. Especially about the Ki-Adi-Mundi vs Exar Kun debate. It's all about the specific individual.

And about Revan's duel form, all we know is that he tends to use a single lightsaber. Aside from that, we know very little. As a matter of opinion, I think Revan wouldn't have necessarily focused on mastering a single form. I'd guess that he semi-mastered several forms. But that's just a guess.

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
10.08.2012 , 02:15 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by CephalicRex View Post
^^^ Yeah, Revan is a very polarized character in the Star Wars community. People either love him or hate him. However, I see way more Revan and Revanite bashing on these forums than anything else. "I hate revanites, they argue against cannon", "Revanites are so stupid, we have facts". Well, facts and cannon or not, that is still trolling in the sense that it provokes people that like Revan into arguing. Either that or they are part of that Star Wars Elitist, ego-stroking crowd that gets off on showing everybody else up with their uber knowledge of every fact and cannon in Star Wars.

I sense this topic is more about the bashing than it is about cannon and facts; otherwise, the topic maker wouldn't have had the nerve to respond to all the sharp criticism that rears its head all the time.

This topic is more of a response to a sentiment ubiquitous on the forums more than it is a statement.
Yes this forum was originally a response.

I don't know what you're saying about "bashing." I've made a honest, modest argument. Yes I've stated my opinion on several occasions, but I've drawn a clear line between opinion and fact.

Could you please point out when I "haven't had the nerve to respond to sharp criticism"?