Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ok I've had enough of these lag spikes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Ok I've had enough of these lag spikes

Stray_Wolf
10.07.2012 , 11:57 AM | #1
I've been getting lag spikes for quite some time now but untill today I've said nothing. After the patch it seemed liked they'd stopped but recently they've started happening again. These are major lag spikes which severly impact my game, they frequently reach over 100,000ms before I log out. I once decided to see how high it would go and left the game running whilst stuck in a lag spike, it got to around 230,000ms before I had gave up sitting there unable to do anything and logged out again.
I've done some online ping tests and it's come back with 0% Packet Loss, 20-30ms and 0-5ms jitter. According to these results there should be no problem, I'm at a loss as to what's causing this but it's making my game impossible to play at times.
There's no real pattern as to when I'm able to play normally and when I suffer these spikes, it seems fairly random. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Stray.

Gilnor
10.07.2012 , 12:33 PM | #2
Don't think you're gonna get an answer. I've post about similar problems and all i got was silence. The costumer service is really avoiding adressing this topic it would seem.

Savro
10.07.2012 , 12:38 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Gilnor View Post
Don't think you're gonna get an answer. I've post about similar problems and all i got was silence. The costumer service is really avoiding adressing this topic it would seem.
Don't say that, he's going to receive the standard answer with the useless list of things to check, to set up etc. etc.

Sabredance
10.07.2012 , 04:41 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Savro View Post
Don't say that, he's going to receive the standard answer with the useless list of things to check, to set up etc. etc.
Not that useless.
Yesterday it was unplayable for me.
Fixed some things and now it runs smoother than ever.

Savro
10.07.2012 , 04:47 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sabredance View Post
Not that useless.
Yesterday it was unplayable for me.
Fixed some things and now it runs smoother than ever.
Glad to hear that. I was not intended to say that they are useless at all, i was simply complaining about the fact that after you try them, if they doesn't resolve the issue you are not going to receive any more assistance... i have tickets and threads still waiting for an answer since loooooooooooong time....

psikofunkster
10.07.2012 , 04:50 PM | #6
My sub finish in 4 days...... amen.

Mistwinter
10.08.2012 , 07:04 AM | #7
These are absolutely horrendous, the game is unplayable.

My in-game lag shows full bars, 125ms or less lag at all times. Yet, my companions constantly stop moving so my character is unable to move forward beyond a few meters from them. In combat, things go well and then suddenly all my moves don't register (the animations play but no damage reported, enemies are all frozen) and then suddenly my companion is dead and I've "missed" 10-15 seconds of gameplay.

Being prevented from moving around is bad enough, combat glitching due to massive lag spikes is simply game-stopping. This started only today, had been fine for me otherwise.

Boozek
10.08.2012 , 07:18 AM | #8
There's a patch tomorrow. complaining today wont get you anywhere, but if they do get things fixed i'm still going to be hounding them for my coms or lost gametime. 2 weeks is a load of Rancor crap.

LordExozone
10.08.2012 , 08:49 AM | #9
I have a similar issue since 1.4 Never had any lag before, but since 1.4 every 5-7 minutes or so I get a massive lagspike like 50.000ms for 5 or 6 seconds, then it returns to normal (32ms) This happens pretty much every 5-7 minutes, I can almost time it. And I only have it in SWTOR.

It's driving me nuts especially in warzones.
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.