Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pub Hacks

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ink-Blot
10.07.2012 , 09:43 AM | #1
OK so this Scoundrel healer called Inovisible is just instant healing his whole team. He hardly channels a single heal and then ones that he does get interrupted. His upper hand never goes away. I am going to record all hacks that I see and if this is not the right place for this let me know, but something needs to be done. If this is not a hack then let me know as well. I apologize for the language, but I was mad as you can imagine here is the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAjTsU5iBG4
Sniper Shinro Mercenary Fulcore Juggernaut Starflame Sorcerer Ink-Blot
Assassin TiffaPowertech Ćnder

Tirvaak
10.07.2012 , 10:23 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Ink-Blot,

Thank you for posting about this. The best option when reporting cases of possible exploiting or hacking we highly recommend logging this through the in-game portal under the "Report Inappropriate Player Behavior".

This will ensure that the report is investigated by the correct department. Please be aware that we are unable to discuss any actions taken against another player’s account, but rest assured We will investigate the issue thoroughly and will act according to our internal policies.

Should you need help with anything else please let us know and we will be happy to assist.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Tiggy
10.07.2012 , 11:37 AM | #3
Looks like normal operative/smuggler healing to me. If he has several HoT probes (Slow-release Medpac?) going on people that generates Upper Hand, if someone is at 30% or below health and he uses Emergency Medpac heal then Upper Hand is refreshed. Upper Hand is also generated after casting the big heal. Their AoE heal is also instant cast and the class revolves around a lot of HoT-type heals
The Nac'mac'feegle Legacy
Healosaurusrex - Afk'sammich - Ohaithar

Devilk
10.07.2012 , 11:45 AM | #4
Um...I didn't see any hacks in that at all. Scoundrels/Ops can be very hard to kill, and at some point I saw a sage also healing. Not to mention he has guard on him and a tank assassin(you) seemed to be the only one even targeting him.

Ink-Blot
10.07.2012 , 11:50 AM | #5
I know several Operative healers and they all said they couldn't do that. He didn't cast a heal and the instant heal is for people below 30%. He was casting an Instant heal all the time on everyone. I have fought some of the best Scoundrel/Op healers, and not a one has ever done that. His Upper hand never went away. If he was to use that instant heal that uses Upper hand then it would go away not refresh, or at least what I have been told.
Sniper Shinro Mercenary Fulcore Juggernaut Starflame Sorcerer Ink-Blot
Assassin TiffaPowertech Ćnder

Tiggy
10.07.2012 , 12:10 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ink-Blot View Post
I know several Operative healers and they all said they couldn't do that. He didn't cast a heal and the instant heal is for people below 30%. He was casting an Instant heal all the time on everyone. I have fought some of the best Scoundrel/Op healers, and not a one has ever done that. His Upper hand never went away. If he was to use that instant heal that uses Upper hand then it would go away not refresh, or at least what I have been told.
I play an Operative healer (and have been accused of hacking in the past when someone couldn't kill me - I don't hack).

You can use Emergency Medpac/Surgical Probe anytime you have Upper Hand/Tactical Advantage not just at 30% or below. And if you have several kolto probes running, TA can proc quite often and it stacks up to 3 (and I saw that cast on himself at least a few times). Shiv also produces TA/UH (drive-by shiv ftw). I actually saw him lose UH a few times.
The Nac'mac'feegle Legacy
Healosaurusrex - Afk'sammich - Ohaithar

Skodan
10.07.2012 , 12:12 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ink-Blot View Post
if you have this setup

you will have a maximum of 3 upper hands, if you have slow-release medpac on a bunch of people you will basically always be gaining more upper hands, each time you use emergency medpac you will basically be constantly getting more upper hands

no hacks. just knowing how to play the class
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Boozek
10.07.2012 , 12:13 PM | #8
Not a hack. I do the same on my agent and scoundrel. medpack/probe grant upper hand, upper hand allows you to use emergency medpack. with an assasin hounding me do you think I'm going to waste time casting an interuptable ability?

The rate he's consuming energy in the video is indicative of him dropping probes on anyone nearby to get upper hand stacked. It's called playing to the mechanics of your class.

sandmanusd
10.07.2012 , 12:39 PM | #9
Please play a class before you accuse them of hacking..

THIS kind of stuff is EXACTLY why classes get blind nerfs... people like you who accuse other players of hacking based soely on "because other people that play that class say hes too good"

Well, maybe those other people are spec'd for DPS / hybrid heal class, or have horribad gear, or are just horribad at the game

Does this guy hack? Doesn't look like it...

Scoundrel / Operative healers have many insta-cast heals... the group heal is insta cast, the medical probe (robot) is insta cast and can be stacked twice on each player in the group, and each one of those has a chance to proc a "tactical advantage" which allows you to cast another insta cast on someone...

In fact there is only really one castable heal on their arsenal that really doesnt need to be cast all that often because it used to be (early in the levels of operative healers lives) one of the only ways to proc this tactical advantage... so

The moral of the story is this... Play all classes and know all classes before you accuse someone of hacking

People like you are the reason why things get blindly nerfed for no good reason....

Sounds like you had a horribad group that didnt want to focus target on healers and they had 2 healers, tanks and focused well organized group... yup, sounds like the typical "they are hacking" complaint to me TBH

Acorns_Malfurion
10.07.2012 , 12:49 PM | #10
Don't pay attention to the OP. He's just bad xD