Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative & Sniper in PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Operative & Sniper in PvP

Kunixp
09.30.2012 , 03:56 PM | #61
I use cover a lot in pvp. But I am usually set up on a high spot and rain chaos from above. I am the type that enjoys sitting in one place and just picking off targets.
Autumnrose 65 Sentinel, Zastastia 65 Commando, Unfi Sage, Augraine Scoundrel
Chy'raxx Shadow, Deviliah Guardian
Shoushi 65 Sorcerer, Arkadienne 65 Operative, Agalin 65 Powertech, Konvix 65 Mercenary, Uziz Juggernaut, Xandarjj Sniper, Dauber Marauder

Svii
10.01.2012 , 01:37 AM | #62
I tend to click the Cover key on my alts, it doesn't work

Daiyukie
10.01.2012 , 01:53 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Svii View Post
I tend to click the Cover key on my alts, it doesn't work
-Patpat- I'm sure they lament the lack of cover protection as much as you do. Tell those alts they should have been more Smugglers/Agents instead of whatever poop they currently are! They'd be better off -Wise nod-
"Everyone not as good as me is a Noob. Everyone better than me is a No Lifer" - The Code of the Bads
Quote: Originally Posted by gwrtheyn
atm Concealment Operative are like a dog humping on your leg,anoying,but not lethal
Quote: Originally Posted by jaxxxster
Solution : Nerf Operatives. Again.

Svii
10.01.2012 , 03:10 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Daiyukie View Post
-Patpat- I'm sure they lament the lack of cover protection as much as you do. Tell those alts they should have been more Smugglers/Agents instead of whatever poop they currently are! They'd be better off -Wise nod-
Trust me, I've tried to PM them, but they're always offline!

Letallis
10.01.2012 , 02:25 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Deviltreh View Post
Mobility as an OP? You have... 10m 2 second root *gasp*. That about covers your mobility, LOL. Prepare to be kited, rooted and knocked back.

Lethality? No dispel protection = Lethality useless when it will matter (aka rated warzones). Go have fun with randoms, no one cares.

OOhhh that's a whole lot of bitter you got stored up there slick.
Mal: That's the buffet table.
Kaylee: Well, how can we be sure, u-unless we question it?

Letallis
10.01.2012 , 02:27 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by xdvesper View Post
For a run-and-gun playstyle you are looking at getting a Lethality sniper.

Your standard attacks would be Corrosive Grenade, Corrosive Dart, Weakening Blast, Cull, Takedown. Of these 5 skills, 4 can be done on the move while chasing a target / kiting a melee, and only 1 needs you to be stationary (Cull is a 3 second channel)

No other class really offers a run and gun playstyle: Mercs require you to stand still to fire Tracer Missile (their bread and butter skill) while Sorcs also need to stand still for most of their rotation.
PT is the ultimate run and gun class.
Mal: That's the buffet table.
Kaylee: Well, how can we be sure, u-unless we question it?

Rigsta
10.07.2012 , 01:45 AM | #67
It boils down to a choice between stealth melee and ranged powerhouse.

OP's utility comes from stealth and the new sprint mechanic to move between objectives very quickly. Infiltrate/Smuggle used with a couple of friends on voice comms can be extremely effective to ninja points guarded by 1-2 opponents.

Sniper also has plenty of utility in the form of 35m range, shatter shot (armour & trauma debuff), leg shot (35m range 4-sec root), orbital strike (shared with OP), 30m flash grenade, diversion (45% acc debuff, breaks sniper/slinger cover, marksman only), red bubble O' goodness, leap/pushback/interrupt immunity while in cover, and full CC immunity while Entrench is active.

In short my rakata & battlemaster-geared commando is only being used for scavenging and an extra set of dailies now that I've created a sniper. That legacy unlock for warzone exp is definitely worth the investment!

tatatan
10.07.2012 , 09:30 AM | #68
Hi,
if i go back to your first post, where you say you'd want some combination of both, than answer is Lethality Sniper.
Lethality sniper has enough mobility, end yet can use the cover system and sniping attacks.
I play both classes at 50. I like Operative more due to bigger versatility, but only on sniper you can acutally make ppl run from you, with *** pants
All the juggernauts/marauders that leap to ppl have trouble, since thay cant leap to you if you're in cover.
This is for a long discussion, but Lethality sniper IMHO is something to go with - you can easily PVP/PVE with this setup, while DPS operatives are not as good in PVE.

Both - OPs and Snipers are good in right hands, but let's face it, Sniper is atm simply better as DPS class. And if you want to do higher end content PVE, Sniper is the answer, while OPs are mostly accepted only as Healers.