Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy of Crafting clarification?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Legacy of Crafting clarification?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Yogol
07.04.2012 , 07:54 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
I guess if you really want to twist it, the strict english definition of "augmented" is "made larger, enlarged in size, number, strength, or extent". But in the terminology of THIS game, there is only one meaning.
Yeah, usually I would agree with you 100%. Except that it does mean what it means in the strict English definition, enlarged in numbers. Clear communication for the win, hey!

Next step on this uphill journey is to find out if it works for missions. Hopefully in less then 3 weeks, like it took to clarify this!
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

wainot-keel
07.04.2012 , 09:45 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
Which means all my crafters get it. None of my harvesters do. (which I guess makes it sort of irrelevant whether it allows for an extra item... which, incidentally, I have yet to see when it comes to augment kits. I largely suspect that like with spaceship parts, you don't crit them at all.)
My droid, with the legacy sensor to improve synthweaving, has given me 2 augment kits for the cost of 1 in several occasions

Evanture
07.05.2012 , 11:32 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Yogol View Post
Yeah, usually I would agree with you 100%. Except that it does mean what it means in the strict English definition, enlarged in numbers. Clear communication for the win, hey!

Next step on this uphill journey is to find out if it works for missions. Hopefully in less then 3 weeks, like it took to clarify this!

Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi Boyana,

This buff is for the actual crafting itself, and does not affect the Crew Missions.

No, It only effects Crafting Specifically... no other crew missions of any kind.

GnatB
07.05.2012 , 12:56 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Yogol View Post
And yet there is no concern about dieing from a critical craft? Why? Because in context of this game critical craft means doing better than normal. We ignore any of the strict english definitions either having to do with criticism or medical problems because we know what "critical" means in this context. Context is always important.

FourTwent
08.06.2012 , 12:02 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
The Legacy tooltip could be more clear - we'll look at improving it in the future. The perk itself (as noted earlier in the thread) does increase the chance of getting an augment slot on items that can have them. For items that can't, it gives you an increased chance for the effect of a critical when crafting those items (like producing an extra item).
this needs to be stickied

foxylove
08.06.2012 , 01:12 AM | #46
It is unfortunate that you need to research this to find out that it does indeed affect creating x2 of medpacs, stims, adrenals, augment kits, and nightmare pilgrim items. If you crit on exotech stims/adrenals/medpacs since they're in groups of 3 you'll get x4.

I tend to crit quite more often now on gault now so its definitely worth it.

The tooltip needs to be updated ASAP. If anything bioware/EA austin you'll get more people to buy the perk with cartel coins if you clarify the language on the tooltip to reflect this. Perhaps "increases your change to "increases the chance of an augmented or extra consumable result while crafting by n% Assuming you want to try and retain some of your initial awkward phrasing.

If I were to have complete license I would suggest "Increases your chance to obtain augments on equipment or obtain extra consumables by n%

Yogol
08.07.2012 , 12:36 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by foxylove View Post
If anything bioware/EA austin you'll get more people to buy the perk with cartel coins if you clarify the language on the tooltip to reflect this.
Sadly, this is exactly the sort of thinking EA will do once the $$$ store becomes active. Each upgrade / bug / feature will be assessed with the $$$ store in mind, thinking how they make $$$ out of it. The ones where they can't make money, will be left aside. The others will be changed.

In the mean time, while they are working on the $$$ store, they can't even be bothered to answer a simple question like ''does this legacy perk affect gathering missions too'', a question we've been asking since this legacy perk hit PTS.

That was 3 months ago.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

Zipacnaa
08.15.2012 , 02:07 AM | #48
EA are surprised about falling numbers of subscribers, all the time as they don't stay in contact with their customers. That's a no-brainer.

As for your question: I prefer to interpret it as a +1% chance on crafting only. Not gathering or missions

MorgonKara
10.06.2012 , 03:43 AM | #49
So the tooltip should simply say, "Increases crafting critical chance 1%" right? In that case I'm going to buy that legacy for all my people.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

Screaming_Ziva
10.07.2012 , 05:35 AM | #50
Is the credit cost really worth is for a total 3% chance? My ship droid seems to be doing fine with the +5 Synthweaving piece.

http://imageshack.us/a/img27/3588/augments.jpg