Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scoundrel healer gear and Gunslinger DPS gear

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Scoundrel healer gear and Gunslinger DPS gear

logankeepes
10.04.2012 , 03:30 PM | #1
I have a full set of campaign gear for my scoundrel healer, all in the Smuggler Legacy gear, and i'm wondering...if i get my slinger to 50, would it be viable to use that set of gear for both smugglers, or would i need to switch out enhancements and mods, etc. I'm stacking power, crit, and surge with my healer, so i know i'd need to find some accuracy somewhere. i was hoping to gain that through implants and earpieces, however. thanks!
Zakiri - lvl 50 Sage DPS -- Zakera - lvl 50 Smuggler Healer
Zakbane - lvl 50 Vanguard Tank
The Harbinger

Gassygunslinger
10.05.2012 , 05:38 PM | #2
Throw some Power in there, and yeah, it would probably work for both.

Smuggler gear is a bit more adaptable, seeing as Smugglers don't have a tank variant, and the fact that healers largely benefit from the same stats that damage dealers do. Though from what I've heard, there is a bit more of an emphasis on Alacrity for healers. Not to stack it like crazy, mind you, but that is has its uses.

And really, Sawbones is the only oddball amongst the Smuggler spec's... Other than that, it's all DPS baby!
Longtime SWG Vet: "Guillemette of Bria" Respect the Smuggler History
Elder Smuggler, Winner of the 5th Anniversary Rebel Painting Contest

Etten of Vrook Lamar.

Jakeeyes
10.06.2012 , 10:56 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Gassygunslinger View Post
Though from what I've heard, there is a bit more of an emphasis on Alacrity for healers. Not to stack it like crazy, mind you, but that is has its uses.!
Gassy! Yup, go alacrity. Way important, and way underrated. I also believe crit is absolutely vital to Scoundrel healing, and also a bit underrated. When you consider that Upper hand (the 'buff' that makes over half your heals ussable) is granted by criting your DoT, I can't figure why ANYONE wouldn't bring your crit to at LEAST 35% pre-buff...
But that is a discussion for another time. Sorry OP!

As far as Smuggler healing, like Gassy said. You could back WAY off on Alacrity and a bit off Crit, and Powerpowerpower/surgesurgesurge it up.
Fyyn Cob
Sawbones Healer
"SWTOR Player. Healer. Scoundrel. You'll like him"