Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Roalmo
10.06.2012 , 04:33 PM | #401
Quote: Originally Posted by Reble-Dog-Squad View Post
But, can they legally give one set of customers free transfers/mergers and not another group. do you think that MacDonald's customer would object if one customer got fries and they customer didn't?
They gave you free transfers to aussie servers from US and EURO servers. They will give(if that's the word) paid transfers, thru the cash shop to ALL players.

Reble-Dog-Squad
10.06.2012 , 04:45 PM | #402
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
They gave you free transfers to aussie servers from US and EURO servers. They will give(if that's the word) paid transfers, thru the cash shop to ALL players.
But, with the US they got one transfer and two Mergers on their servers, we the Asia Pacific players got a free option to transfer to new server that was created for us and now all we ask is that the servers be merged so that we can enjoy the same level of pops that the US/EU enjoy (take for granted)

So that's one transfer and a merger.......seems we are asking for less than what was freely given to the US/EU players.
Australian CE VIP
"Social Media Killed Society - Like The Video Killed the Radio Star"
System: i7 2600K, Asus P8z68-V Pro, 16gig RAM, Gigabyte GTX580 SOC
May The Force Be With You

killer_kam
10.06.2012 , 05:38 PM | #403
And they'll get back to us right after the game goes ftp.

"Well, this isn't a problem, you can transfer each of your characters for $(US)50 at any time, if you feel your server isn't populated enough."
They can say that if they want to, it's totally up to them. I don't see how that will appease the APAC community that is already mightily pissed off with them right now.

I personally don't want a "transfer", I would like a server merger like what was just done in the US. Take these 3 servers we have here for our region, and merge them into a single server.

I also think the threats of leaving don't bother Bioware due to the impending FTP. They'll be expecting to lose a lot of paying subscribers to FTP, it's the nature of that model, so losing a few APAC players beforehand will be of little concern to them.

So basically, I don't think they're going to announce anything before FTP in regards to APAC server consolidations. We can be a noisy as we like about it, but they won't respond. They have no reason to just yet. Once they go FTP you'll see a bit more communications from them, they'll have a player base that has no ties to this game, they'll need to ensure everything is done to make the game as playable as possible then. Right now, we're kind of locked in, we WANT to pay to play, but they don't really need us to.

-Holmes
10.06.2012 , 05:39 PM | #404
As it is true that we got a free transfer from the APAC server creation... In the "Free Transfer Period" APAC servers didn't get to transfer anywhere. Not from US servers, and not to. On top of that, on server merges, APAC servers were left out, even though we had brought this matter up ages ago, saying we want to be merged.

All in all, APAC is still missing some official response, and no matter how you dodge it as "you are a small player base" and everything, we are all paying customers and we have all the rights to a response.

I have 70 days left on my subscription. I don't believe I'm gonna play most of it, but if that time runs out, I guess I'll join F2P.

PurpleCliff
10.06.2012 , 07:23 PM | #405
My brain: Surely this week they'll tell us something. Surely.

cipherysm
10.06.2012 , 09:53 PM | #406
So I clicked "First BioWare Post" it took me to page 9. We are currently on page 41.

This is seriously the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Getting a simple update from whoever is supposed to be keeping us in loop, from whoever is supposed to take but a few minutes of their "oh so" busy day to give us a short:
"Hey Guys, we are just waiting to see what happens with Free-to-Play"
or
"Hey Guys, we are just having issues with <company hosting servers>, we'll give you an update when it is sorted or within 7 days, whichever comes first"

This wait is longer than:
Watching a Kettle Boil
Rush hour traffic
Standing in the Express line at the supermarket at 1200h on a Saturday
A Polititcian's Speech
Waiting for an update from Telstra (I just had them call me yesterday, on a Saturday, but they are winning this race)
Waiting for a good song on the radio
Watching Lord of The Rings

Mowermanx
10.06.2012 , 10:03 PM | #407
Quote: Originally Posted by cipherysm View Post
Getting a simple update from whoever is supposed to be keeping us in loop, from whoever is supposed to take but a few minutes of their "oh so" busy day to give us a short:
LOL, I may add this post to wiki for an advanced definition of naivety.

HauksbokT
10.06.2012 , 10:56 PM | #408
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
LOL, I may add this post to wiki for an advanced definition of naivety.
LOL I think I may add this post to wiki for an advanced definition of ignorance.

The amount of time you posted your worthless post, is the same amount of time it would've taken bioware to respond, and tbh evaluate how horrible our servers are.

Any questions?

wellymace
10.06.2012 , 11:28 PM | #409
Quote: Originally Posted by PurpleCliff View Post
My brain: Surely this week they'll tell us something. Surely.
They will prolly tell us that HK 51 is coming. . .

Jarlgon
10.07.2012 , 01:45 AM | #410
Quote: Originally Posted by cipherysm View Post
So I clicked "First BioWare Post" it took me to page 9. We are currently on page 41.

This is seriously the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

or
"Hey Guys, we are just having issues with <company hosting servers>, we'll give you an update when it is sorted or within 7 days, whichever comes first"

This wait is longer than:
Watching a Kettle Boil
Rush hour traffic
Standing in the Express line at the supermarket at 1200h on a Saturday
A Polititcian's Speech
Waiting for an update from Telstra (I just had them call me yesterday, on a Saturday, but they are winning this race)
Waiting for a good song on the radio
Watching Lord of The Rings
proof that EAware think of us as second-class gamers.