Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Still Stuttering after new patch 1.4.0b

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Still Stuttering after new patch 1.4.0b
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dehrro
10.06.2012 , 08:13 PM | #91
Same here ...

topspyn
10.06.2012 , 09:25 PM | #92
Yes, this is very annoying. This is the first technical issue I've ever had with the game. When I swivel the camera, it stutters, and depending on where I am, the same happens while running.

I tried everything the BW person listed in this thread. I play with shadows off anyway, and turning off nameplate scaling seemed to help somewhat; really, it made the stutter random. It didn't really help the degree of the stutter as much as it decreased the frequency with which it occurs. The other instructions further down on the list had no noticeable effect.

I'm not a person who cares too much about graphics, but when it affects the actual gameplay, it's quite frustrating. I'm not sure if I'm going to play again until it's fixed because it's so annoying. And I usually back up the company, air on the side of leniency with issues like this; this one is just so blatantly a performance-affecting issue on their end caused by 1.4 that it's hard to defend.
Read and comment on my blog!
http://rationalreaction.blogspot.com

GVitanza
10.06.2012 , 09:33 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by topspyn View Post
Yes, this is very annoying. This is the first technical issue I've ever had with the game. When I swivel the camera, it stutters, and depending on where I am, the same happens while running.

I tried everything the BW person listed in this thread. I play with shadows off anyway, and turning off nameplate scaling seemed to help somewhat; really, it made the stutter random. It didn't really help the degree of the stutter as much as it decreased the frequency with which it occurs. The other instructions further down on the list had no noticeable effect.

I'm not a person who cares too much about graphics, but when it affects the actual gameplay, it's quite frustrating. I'm not sure if I'm going to play again until it's fixed because it's so annoying. And I usually back up the company, air on the side of leniency with issues like this; this one is just so blatantly a performance-affecting issue on their end caused by 1.4 that it's hard to defend.
Totally agree.
Dezomere - Sorcerer dps <I carry scrubs> POT5
Garius (unguilded) Jedi Covenant

EasyWhite
10.06.2012 , 09:42 PM | #94
I feel sick when I play now, Its like a strobe sometimes

topspyn
10.07.2012 , 10:36 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by GVitanza View Post
Totally agree.
Thanks.

It's quite a frustrating issue. I'd like to make it clear that I'm not immediately jumping too extremes like "imma cancel my sub!!!!" or "well tiem to go play WoW". I really like SW:ToR, and intend to keep playing -- when I can. Getting on here and acting like a child doesn't help matters at all. At this point I'm sure BW knows there is an issue, and yelling how I'm running away and never coming back isn't really going to change anything. However, maybe knowing that I'm a loyal customer that is not planning on leaving the game, but still can't play it until the issue is resolved will help. At least this way they know I'll be back when it's fixed, as opposed to me saying I'm not coming back no matter what. What incentive does that give them to fix the issue if it won't bring me back?
Read and comment on my blog!
http://rationalreaction.blogspot.com

GVitanza
10.07.2012 , 12:07 PM | #96
Well at the very least if its not fixed within the next patch or if they don' acknowledge the problem and say when they will fix it, I will want a refund for the month and cacel my subscription until its fixed. Just because Im not wasting money on a game I cant play.
Dezomere - Sorcerer dps <I carry scrubs> POT5
Garius (unguilded) Jedi Covenant

deadandburied
10.08.2012 , 03:42 PM | #97
So far i'm only having issues on Voss. Extremely low framerate, especially on Nitemare Pilgrim. TFB is probably the best area for which i'm thankful. I haven't been to every planet. So unsure about them. I just log in to raid.

CMoldas
10.10.2012 , 04:00 PM | #98
Yep, this has been dropped from known issues as of 10/10/12. If you are having this problem, please speak up!

My game was glass smooth with super FPS pre1.4 and now horrible stuttering in open world areas.

Oh, well......
-Vakkus
- Prophecy of the Five

Cerimon
10.10.2012 , 05:06 PM | #99 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings All,

Please see the following post where we acknowledge the performance issues with the game and that this is currently one of our highest priority items to work on: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5239140

In addition to the previously posted steps another thing that can improve performance in the interim period for nvidia users is to ensure that Ambient Occlusion is turned off. We have seen reports that this change can have a big performance impact.

We ask for your patience until performance is returned to pre-1.4 levels.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

CaliberCadillac
10.10.2012 , 05:52 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

Please see the following post where we acknowledge the performance issues with the game and that this is currently one of our highest priority items to work on: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5239140

In addition to the previously posted steps another thing that can improve performance in the interim period for nvidia users is to ensure that Ambient Occlusion is turned off. We have seen reports that this change can have a big performance impact.

We ask for your patience until performance is returned to pre-1.4 levels.
Well I have done all that you suggested, and my Ambient Occlusion was already turned off. It hasnt helped. Additionally, the gamma can no longer be adjusted in game to brighten the screen to what it was before. (very dark now). I'm glad you all have acknowledged the problem. In the "interim", however, I wont be playing because its just too annoying and frustrating. I give you 30 days more, then thats enough. I will simply seek my gaming elsewhere.