Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Respect Revan

Temeluchus
10.06.2012 , 06:01 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
1: Are you kidding me? You can't prove that any of the named duelists are better Revan! Does it say anywhere specifically that these people are better then Revan? No! So please don't state it like it's fact. Yes, I would agree that SOME of the named duelists are better then Revan, but that is an opinion. If you can name where it said these people are better duelists then Revan I'll be shocked.

Can you prove Revan is better?

4: This whole canon thing is an impossible debate. I'm choosing to see the Revan novel as fact, and you aren't. Did Lucas say himself (and I don't mean through a character in a book) that it's impossible to use both sides of the force? I think not. I think he (and other writers) said that it is impossible through characters. If this is so, then it means nothing. If Luke Skywalker said that it was impossible to use both light and dark sides of the force, does that mean it is? No! It means it's impossible to the best of his knowledge, which is veryh different. Luke isn't all knowing, no one is. Did it ever occur to you that Revan may have figured something out that none of the other characters have been able to comprehend?

It's not impossible to debate. George Lucas created Star Wars and it's his IP. His word is law and is considered G-canon, Chee acts on his behalf on things like this and what he says is also considered G-canon. No matter what any other author,book,game, fanfic etc says it does not overrule G-canon. Only GL or Chee can overrule G-canon by retconning or changing it.

5: I've already said why your logic for why Malgus is stronger fthen Revan is flawed. Look back at my example and explain it. I'm not even saying that Malgus isn't stronger, but I am saying that the game XP system doesn't proove it.

I'd appreciate it if you listed you opinions as opinions rather then facts. Most of your stuff in this thread is pure opinion. Pot, meet Kettle.
I like Revan, always have, but he isn't the Jedi demigod most fans make him out to be.

As for your opinion on the Revan vs. Bane vs. Vader vs. Kun thread, it's opinion and you are entitled to it, but saying Revan was better with the Force than Kun was is stretching it a bit. Kun's power in the Force kicked into overdrive when he fell, he had a very strong Force sense, Force Flight, abnormally powerful Force blasts and he freaking drained the life force out of the Massassi. I'm not even including all the stuff he did post death.

Revan holding his own with Luke and coming close to Sidious almost made me spit my beer all over my screen. It's laughable that you think he could even stand on the same playing field as the G-canon most powerful Sith ever and G-canon most powerful Jedi ever. It's not opinion, It's G-canon. Putting it in sports terms, Revan would be the Little League Regional Champs and Sidious and Luke being The Yankees and Red Sox.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

MasterMe
10.06.2012 , 06:08 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Yes, Luke and Sidious would destroy him. Sidious' Lightning could atomize his opponents. It bent Mace Windu's Lightsaber. He could create Force storms in space that destroyed entire fleets.

Now imagine that power and multiply it by 200%. That's Luke Skywalker. He is what Anakin was supposed to be. The most powerful being to ever exist- that will ever exist. The master of the Light Side and the master of every Lightsaber form in the book. I respect your opinion, but when it comes to a debate such as this you must know the facts.

Compassion and Love are of the Light Side. Just a little food for thought.
Love is a emotion. Emotion isn't part of the light side. That's canon. I don't know what you're thinking.

I do know the facts, and I've stated already that I think that both Luke and Sidious would beat Revan. I just don't think it'd be a landslide. There's nothing wrong with that. Also, I don't know where you got that 200% number from, but it ain't canon.

This has been off topic. All I've been trying to say is that Revan isn't a push over. I've explained why using canon. If you don't think that he used both light and dark, that's fine. But even if that wasn't true, he is still a very powerful being. That's canon.

I would still like to here why you think Ki-Adi-Mundi could beat Revan. That just baffels me.

Forgon
10.06.2012 , 06:10 PM | #33
Try not to bloody up that hammer too much. I think i'll need it...
I second that notion. Reading this thread is painful... I think I am going to go outside now.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

Rayla_Felana
10.06.2012 , 06:12 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
I second that notion. Reading this thread is painful... I think I am going to go outside now.
^This.

Airmo
10.06.2012 , 06:19 PM | #35

2. Yes I understand that Revan won the war and I respect him for it. However, you are saying that he created his own tactics that completely outwitted the Mandalorians.

3. We can't prove what she said is true or false. Because she lies. The entire game was one big lie created by Kreia. We only know that she wanted to destroy the Force and that Meetra Surik is her greatest student.

5. I am NOT talking about XP I'm talking about story. When Kallig and the other classes face Malgus they are at full power. Not because of the level system, but because of the events in the story. At the end of Act 3, Kallig has absorbed multiple ghosts that have increased his power exponentially. So since Kallig didn't have those ghosts during the Revan fight, it stands to reason that Malgus is stronger. I'm going to say it again. The events of the story dictate that Malgus is more powerful than Revan. So that is fact. Not opinion because the class stories are canon. Read what I have posted and you'll see.

Now let's take a minute to chill out.
Just my two cents here..

2. Revan did take some of the Mando's tactics, difference is he used them better, he made them better. So yes, he did outwitt them. If Revan used the exact same tactics the Mando's used again and again all the same way it would have been a short war.

3. This is one of the thing's I don't get. "Kreia lies" I hear, then "Kreia said Meetra is her best student". Um..but doesn't she...?- Ah forget it.

4. I'm still sticking with the "not at his best" thing I said before.
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

MasterMe
10.06.2012 , 06:22 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Temeluchus View Post
I like Revan, always have, but he isn't the Jedi demigod most fans make him out to be.

As for your opinion on the Revan vs. Bane vs. Vader vs. Kun thread, it's opinion and you are entitled to it, but saying Revan was better with the Force than Kun was is stretching it a bit. Kun's power in the Force kicked into overdrive when he fell, he had a very strong Force sense, Force Flight, abnormally powerful Force blasts and he freaking drained the life force out of the Massassi. I'm not even including all the stuff he did post death.

Revan holding his own with Luke and coming close to Sidious almost made me spit my beer all over my screen. It's laughable that you think he could even stand on the same playing field as the G-canon most powerful Sith ever and G-canon most powerful Jedi ever. It's not opinion, It's G-canon. Putting it in sports terms, Revan would be the Little League Regional Champs and Sidious and Luke being The Yankees and Red Sox.
Woah, you totally misunderstood me.

I never said that Revan was a better duelist then any of the men on Aurbere's list. I simply posted my question because I knew Aurbere could proove none of what he said, and I was frustrated he posted it as if it was canon.

You said that I've said a lot of things that aren't canon, and this pisses me off a bit. I made it clear when I was saying something that was my OPINION. I've been very careful to draw a line between my opinion and canon fact.

You're right about when I compared Revan's force power to Kun, I forgot to list it as a opinion.

As for my opinion regarding Revan VS Sidious and Luke, it's fine if you wanna laugh. No point in getting arguemenative, 'cause it's just an opinion that I'm not arguing.

I never said he was a demigod. I'm not overselling him. All I am saying is that he could hold is own against most opponents. That's the purpose of my origanal post. It is my OPINION however that he could beat most opponents, but I'm not here to argue my opinion.

Aurbere
10.06.2012 , 06:26 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Airmo View Post
Just my two cents here..

2. Revan did take some of the Mando's tactics, difference is he used them better, he made them better. So yes, he did outwitt them. If Revan used the exact same tactics the Mando's used again and again all the same way it would have been a short war.

3. This is one of the thing's I don't get. "Kreia lies" I hear, then "Kreia said Meetra is her best student". Um..but doesn't she...?- Ah forget it.

4. I'm still sticking with the "not at his best" thing I said before.
Yes he did make them better, but the fact is they weren't his tactics.

Kreia said this during her last minutes. We know that she wasn't lying at this time because she predicted the death of Jango Fett at the hands of Mace Windu as well as the fall of the Republic.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
10.06.2012 , 06:28 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Woah, you totally misunderstood me.

I never said that Revan was a better duelist then any of the men on Aurbere's list. I simply posted my question because I knew Aurbere could proove none of what he said, and I was frustrated he posted it as if it was canon.

You said that I've said a lot of things that aren't canon, and this pisses me off a bit. I made it clear when I was saying something that was my OPINION. I've been very careful to draw a line between my opinion and canon fact.

You're right about when I compared Revan's force power to Kun, I forgot to list it as a opinion.

As for my opinion regarding Revan VS Sidious and Luke, it's fine if you wanna laugh. No point in getting arguemenative, 'cause it's just an opinion that I'm not arguing.

I never said he was a demigod. I'm not overselling him. All I am saying is that he could hold is own against most opponents. That's the purpose of my origanal post. It is my OPINION however that he could beat most opponents, but I'm not here to argue my opinion.
It is fact. It is G-Canon that the PT Jedi are the best until the NJO under Luke Skywalker. I don't state it as opinion. I state it as fact. Everything I have posted is fact.

When it comes to a debate, you have to use facts. You cannot make a case on opinion. Number one rule of debating
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Airmo
10.06.2012 , 06:36 PM | #39
Yes he did make them better, but the fact is they weren't his tactics.

Kreia said this during her last minutes. We know that she wasn't lying at this time because she predicted the death of Jango Fett at the hands of Mace Windu as well as the fall of the Republic.
He made them his own when he made them better, that's my opinion. The Mando's didn't use his improved upon Mando tactics so, what? How can they say "those are our tactics!" if they didn't even know what he was doing? =/

We know this? You can say this was 100% fact based on..? So what if she predicted that other stuff, doesn't mean she wasn't lying. Now I don't know why she would lie, I'm just sayin'.
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

MasterMe
10.06.2012 , 06:42 PM | #40
Ok, as Aurbere said a few seconds ago, let's chill.

You guys have branched this thread waaaay off topic. Forget the whole Luke and Sidious thing for Pete's sake. We can argue that some other time.

Aurbere: I've only argued fact. I've made my opinion clear but it isn't something I've forced on you guys. But I do feel that you've tried to force a few of your opinions on me. Leave all of our opinions alone please.

As I've said more times then I care to count, the purpose of this thread was to show why Revan could hold his own against most people. Is there seriously no one esle who thinks so? You guys have spent a lot time arguing over my opinions, which seems silly.

I'm sorry if I got a little pissed at times. If you guys think I stated something as fact that you think wasn't, then please bring it up. But don't attack my opinions. My opinion is not worth debating.