Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Respect Revan


BrandonSM's Avatar


BrandonSM
10.06.2012 , 05:23 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
1: Are you kidding me? You can't prove that any of the named duelists are better Revan! Does it say anywhere specifically that these people are better then Revan? No! So please don't state it like it's fact. Yes, I would agree that SOME of the named duelists are better then Revan, but that is an opinion. If you can name where it said these people are better duelists then Revan I'll be shocked.
Luke Skywalker has been stated by George Lucas, to become the most powerful Jedi to have ever lived. And its been stated in multiple books that he is of the greatest duelists to have ever lived. And Sidious topped him in a duel(Not a Force Duel but a lightsaber duel) and Mace topped Sidious in a duel. (Remember, Lightsaber Duel, not Force Duel).

And Prequel Jedi Order is the greatest Jedi Order in terms of power, thats G-Canon.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
10.06.2012 , 05:27 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Luke Skywalker has been stated by George Lucas, to become the most powerful Jedi to have ever lived. And its been stated in multiple books that he is of the greatest duelists to have ever lived. And Sidious topped him in a duel(Not a Force Duel but a lightsaber duel) and Mace topped Sidious in a duel. (Remember, Lightsaber Duel, not Force Duel).

And Prequel Jedi Order is the greatest Jedi Order in terms of power, thats G-Canon.
To add to this, what that means is that Jedi Order has had pretty much had almost all the time to perfect and hone their skills and become stronger over time because there was no war up until that point that would cause many jedi to die. Therefore, that particular Jedi Order would have great jedi then the rest that got killed in the various wars because they died or some other reason.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
10.06.2012 , 05:35 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
To add to this, what that means is that Jedi Order has had pretty much had almost all the time to perfect and hone their skills and become stronger over time because there was no war up until that point that would cause many jedi to die. Therefore, that particular Jedi Order would have great jedi then the rest that got killed in the various wars because they died or some other reason.
I'm actually going to make a thread discussing why the PT Jedi Order is the best. Second to the NJO of course. But that's mainly because of Luke.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
10.06.2012 , 05:42 PM | #24
Brandon: I would agree with you for the most part. Here's where our thoughts vary:

I don't think that Luke and Sidious would wipe the floor with Revan. Granted I think they'd beat him, but not like a landslide victory as you say. However, I think Revan could come pretty close with Sidious. That's all my OPINION. I don't think anyone has to agree with this specific thought of mine because it isn't supported by canon.

And I also think that using both sides of the force would be poweful as well as upredictable. But you've got to realize that he isn't using the passions of the dark side to their fullest. Revan is only using passions like love and compassion (this is canon 'cause it said so in the book). So it's not as contradictory as some may think.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
10.06.2012 , 05:47 PM | #25
Excuse me while I go bash my head in with a hammer...

NO! Revan cannot touch Luke or Sidious, the fight would be over before it even begins. It would indeed be a landslide victory, should check up on Luke and Sidious's powers and skills.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
10.06.2012 , 05:49 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
1: Are you kidding me? You can't prove that any of the named duelists are better Revan! Does it say anywhere specifically that these people are better then Revan? No! So please don't state it like it's fact. Yes, I would agree that SOME of the named duelists are better then Revan, but that is an opinion. If you can name where it said these people are better duelists then Revan I'll be shocked.

2: How do you know Revan didn't make up his own tactics? You have no proof of that either! And what if he did use Mando tactics? They worked! I'm not visiting this subject again because like I said earlier he was praised by a man who studied war his whole life. If you don't want to reckognize that fact, then I give up.

3: Again; where's your proof? Unless you can proove that Kreia's intentions where as you've stated, then we must take what she said literally.

4: This whole canon thing is an impossible debate. I'm choosing to see the Revan novel as fact, and you aren't. Did Lucas say himself (and I don't mean through a character in a book) that it's impossible to use both sides of the force? I think not. I think he (and other writers) said that it is impossible through characters. If this is so, then it means nothing. If Luke Skywalker said that it was impossible to use both light and dark sides of the force, does that mean it is? No! It means it's impossible to the best of his knowledge, which is veryh different. Luke isn't all knowing, no one is. Did it ever occur to you that Revan may have figured something out that none of the other characters have been able to comprehend?

5: I've already said why your logic for why Malgus is stronger fthen Revan is flawed. Look back at my example and explain it. I'm not even saying that Malgus isn't stronger, but I am saying that the game XP system doesn't proove it.

I'd appreciate it if you listed you opinions as opinions rather then facts.

6: Once again, I'm not saying Revan is all powerful. I AM saying that he's far better then the push over you guys make him out to be. Seriously, do you think that Ki-Adi-Mundi could beat Revan? I'd like to know what canon sources (if any) lead you to this crazy conclusion.
1. It's canon. Everything backs it up. Mace Windu beat Sidious in a Lightsaber duel. Hence Mace Windu is one of the greatest Lightsaber duelists ever. And many of the people that I have named are equivalent to his skill or better. Yoda is probably the second most powerful Jedi ever. If not he makes a great case for third. Name why? GL said that the PT era is the best. Now the NJO is because of Luke.

2. Yes I understand that Revan won the war and I respect him for it. However, you are saying that he created his own tactics that completely outwitted the Mandalorians.

3. We can't prove what she said is true or false. Because she lies. The entire game was one big lie created by Kreia. We only know that she wanted to destroy the Force and that Meetra Surik is her greatest student.

4. George has stated it multiple times. As BrandonSM said here and in many other threads. (Nice shout out I think )

5. I am NOT talking about XP I'm talking about story. When Kallig and the other classes face Malgus they are at full power. Not because of the level system, but because of the events in the story. At the end of Act 3, Kallig has absorbed multiple ghosts that have increased his power exponentially. So since Kallig didn't have those ghosts during the Revan fight, it stands to reason that Malgus is stronger. I'm going to say it again. The events of the story dictate that Malgus is more powerful than Revan. So that is fact. Not opinion because the class stories are canon. Read what I have posted and you'll see.

6. Yes, Ki-Adi Mundi could beat Revan. He was a senior member of the Jedi Council which is the most powerful collection of masters ever seen. I do not make out to be a push-over, but compared to PT and NJO Jedi and Sith, he is a push-over. It's canon. No wait... it's G-Canon.

Now let's take a minute to chill out.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
10.06.2012 , 05:51 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Excuse me while I go bash my head in with a hammer...

NO! Revan cannot touch Luke or Sidious, the fight would be over before it even begins. It would indeed be a landslide victory, should check up on Luke and Sidious's powers and skills.
Try not to bloody up that hammer too much. I think i'll need it...
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
10.06.2012 , 05:54 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Brandon: I would agree with you for the most part. Here's where our thoughts vary:

I don't think that Luke and Sidious would wipe the floor with Revan. Granted I think they'd beat him, but not like a landslide victory as you say. However, I think Revan could come pretty close with Sidious. That's all my OPINION. I don't think anyone has to agree with this specific thought of mine because it isn't supported by canon.

And I also think that using both sides of the force would be poweful as well as upredictable. But you've got to realize that he isn't using the passions of the dark side to their fullest. Revan is only using passions like love and compassion (this is canon 'cause it said so in the book). So it's not as contradictory as some may think.
Yes, Luke and Sidious would destroy him. Sidious' Lightning could atomize his opponents. It bent Mace Windu's Lightsaber. He could create Force storms in space that destroyed entire fleets.

Now imagine that power and multiply it by 200%. That's Luke Skywalker. He is what Anakin was supposed to be. The most powerful being to ever exist- that will ever exist. The master of the Light Side and the master of every Lightsaber form in the book. I respect your opinion, but when it comes to a debate such as this you must know the facts.

Compassion and Love are of the Light Side. Just a little food for thought.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
10.06.2012 , 05:58 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Excuse me while I go bash my head in with a hammer...

NO! Revan cannot touch Luke or Sidious, the fight would be over before it even begins. It would indeed be a landslide victory, should check up on Luke and Sidious's powers and skills.
Has Revan ever fought either of those men? No. So the truth is is that we don't really know. It's only your opinion that it would be a landslide. I don't see why you insist on it being a landslide. But that's your opinion and I respect that. I will not ,however, accept it as canon or fact. Perhaps you should check up on Revan's powers and skills.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
10.06.2012 , 06:00 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Has Revan ever fought either of those men? No. So the truth is is that we don't really know. It's only your opinion that it would be a landslide. I don't see why you insist on it being a landslide. But that's your opinion and I respect that. I will not ,however, accept it as canon or fact. Perhaps you should check up on Revan's powers and skills.
You should take your own advice and look up Luke and Sidious. But since it is G-canon that they are the best you don't have to. Don't worry, I'll address the matter of past vs. future in a future thread.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus