Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Entrenched Snipers, any suggestions to counter?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Warrior > Marauder
Entrenched Snipers, any suggestions to counter?

Phasersablaze
10.03.2012 , 11:49 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by rob_y View Post
I love this thread. I don't even have a Sentinel or Marauder (not even level 1), but it's nice to see a thread where people suggest actual ways to counter something that's difficult for a class or even the best suggestion of all: try to avoid 1v1s against a class with a lot of counters for your class. So many other threads in this forum end up being requests for how Bioware should nerf the class that's causing the struggle (for instance, do not ever wander into a Commando or Merc thread). Yes, some classes are better than others, specifically in 1v1s - your choices are to complain about it or to try to learn how to deal with it.

So, good job, Marauders.
Except for the fact that Marauders and Snipers are both strong PVP classes with lots of utility and Merc/Commandos are completely shafted in PVP.

So yeah...good job for not whining...wait you have nothing to whine about because you are one of the strongest PVP classes in the game. Hmm...

rob_y
10.03.2012 , 11:59 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Phasersablaze View Post
Except for the fact that Marauders and Snipers are both strong PVP classes with lots of utility and Merc/Commandos are completely shafted in PVP.

So yeah...good job for not whining...wait you have nothing to whine about because you are one of the strongest PVP classes in the game. Hmm...
Aaaaaaaaand there it is.
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five

Phasersablaze
10.03.2012 , 12:05 PM | #13
Aaaaaaaaand there it is.
It would be one thing if other classes ACTUALLY HAD counters to certain abilities. Unfortunately, some classes just get shafted, and the only "counter" is to reroll a better class; which a lot of us have done.

You are trying to take the high road here, but your presuppossition is incorrect. Bioware did not make a bunch of diverse balanced class, with equal tools. There actually is a serious problem with PVP whether you want to admit it or not.

rob_y
10.03.2012 , 12:30 PM | #14
It would be one thing if other classes ACTUALLY HAD counters to certain abilities. Unfortunately, some classes just get shafted, and the only "counter" is to reroll a better class; which a lot of us have done.

You are trying to take the high road here, but your presuppossition is incorrect. Bioware did not make a bunch of diverse balanced class, with equal tools. There actually is a serious problem with PVP whether you want to admit it or not.
The only serious problem with PvP for me is that I enjoy it so much. And I don't play either of the "strong PvP" classes mentioned above. So, maybe everyone would be better off embracing the differences between the classes and having fun instead of trying to make them all identical. I've been having an absolute blast on my 46 Commando in the lowbie zones. Sure, it'll be harder in the 50s, but I'll use that as a chance to try to get better.
RIVAL

Phasersablaze
10.03.2012 , 10:08 PM | #15
The only serious problem with PvP for me is that I enjoy it so much. And I don't play either of the "strong PvP" classes mentioned above. So, maybe everyone would be better off embracing the differences between the classes and having fun instead of trying to make them all identical. I've been having an absolute blast on my 46 Commando in the lowbie zones. Sure, it'll be harder in the 50s, but I'll use that as a chance to try to get better.
I'm sure you would. Try playing that commando at 50 for 6 months in PVP and then come back here and see if you still have your blind optimism. If you actually did that, I would venture to guess that the words you would use might be "weak" "underpowered" or "lacking tools" instead of just "different"

Mercenaries aren't arguing for change because they are all bad players; despite what you think. They actually are pretty gimped. There is nothing wrong with voicing that on the forums either, so you can stop acting like they are all just spoiled crybabies who can't L2P their class. You are blind if you don't see a massivle imballance in PVP.

rob_y
10.04.2012 , 11:36 AM | #16
I'm sure you would. Try playing that commando at 50 for 6 months in PVP and then come back here and see if you still have your blind optimism. If you actually did that, I would venture to guess that the words you would use might be "weak" "underpowered" or "lacking tools" instead of just "different"

Mercenaries aren't arguing for change because they are all bad players; despite what you think. They actually are pretty gimped. There is nothing wrong with voicing that on the forums either, so you can stop acting like they are all just spoiled crybabies who can't L2P their class. You are blind if you don't see a massivle imballance in PVP.
I didn't say Merc players are all bad (that wouldn't make much sense) or that they don't need a buff (I've actually said a few times that they probably still do). What I am saying is that there's a difference between playing a weaker class but trying to find ways to succeed anyway and playing a weaker class and complaining on the forums about not being able to 1v1 a class that's more or less designed to beat you in a 1v1.
RIVAL

Phasersablaze
10.04.2012 , 08:46 PM | #17
I didn't say Merc players are all bad (that wouldn't make much sense) or that they don't need a buff (I've actually said a few times that they probably still do). What I am saying is that there's a difference between playing a weaker class but trying to find ways to succeed anyway and playing a weaker class and complaining on the forums about not being able to 1v1 a class that's more or less designed to beat you in a 1v1.
That's great, but it gets old after you realize that there are a whole lot of classes that are "designed to beat you."

Like I said before, your pre-supposition is flawed. The only "success" to be had on a mercenary is topping charts in unranked PVP when the opposing team is very bad. There is nothing mercenaries can do better than any other class, and there is no reason to ever have one on a ranked team. Taking a DPS mercenary on a ranked team is a liability. There is nothing wrong with voicing the incredibly unfair PVP imballances on the forums, and you should not turn up your nose at people who do.

Dacer
10.05.2012 , 02:47 AM | #18
That's great, but it gets old after you realize that there are a whole lot of classes that are "designed to beat you."

Like I said before, your pre-supposition is flawed. The only "success" to be had on a mercenary is topping charts in unranked PVP when the opposing team is very bad. There is nothing mercenaries can do better than any other class, and there is no reason to ever have one on a ranked team. Taking a DPS mercenary on a ranked team is a liability. There is nothing wrong with voicing the incredibly unfair PVP imballances on the forums, and you should not turn up your nose at people who do.
Except that you came into a thread for MARAUDERS to discuss how to counter snipers to complain about how OP you think we.

Respectfully, Get out.

Phasersablaze
10.05.2012 , 01:43 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacer View Post
Except that you came into a thread for MARAUDERS to discuss how to counter snipers to complain about how OP you think we.

Respectfully, Get out.
No. I browse all the class forums and I only responded to rob_y's flawed thinking. As if all the classes are perfectly balanced and anyone who says differently is just a QQ crybaby. I don't believe I have said anything about Marauders being OP (although they are by any standard). So if you want to open up that can of worms go ahead. I was simply correcting false thinking.

Rickwala
10.06.2012 , 11:02 AM | #20
Is it possible to sound any more like a crybaby? There are plenty of classes that kill my marauder every single warzone, saying they are OP is a excuse for players who refuse to learn class abilties and counters. BW has had multiple chances to nerf marauders and they havent for a reason. Yes you can argue rage needs a change but whining about your class in the marauder forum isnt going to get a dev to notice or make any progress on the state of your merc, you just look like a tantrum throwing baby.