Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Ahsoka Tano.... What do you think?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Ahsoka Tano.... What do you think?

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
10.03.2012 , 05:32 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
I disagree that she has to die in CTW series. Simply put, at the opening of ROTS when Obi Wan and Anakin are flying over Coruscant, because Ahsoka is not a good pilot she could have been sent to another planet to lead troops. This can be shown in the series finale of CTW. She is THEN killed by order 66. They only showed a handful of Jedi dying in that montage, there are literally hundreds of Jedi not shown. Did they ALL live? No, all but a handful were killed. Ahsoka was one of those killed and not shown. At that point, Anakin no longer cares about her anyway. DONE!
I don't think you understand exactly what lengths Palpatine was willing to go to keep Anakin going down the path to the Dark Side. Ahsoka's death would push Anakin further down that path. This would also explain his desire for the ability to save people from death besides the death of his mother.

Dying in Order 66 would be fine, but she is close to Anakin and her death would serve the purpose that the Prequel Trilogy set forth- the fall of Anakin Skywalker.
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

psandak's Avatar


psandak
10.04.2012 , 08:19 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I don't think you understand exactly what lengths Palpatine was willing to go to keep Anakin going down the path to the Dark Side. Ahsoka's death would push Anakin further down that path. This would also explain his desire for the ability to save people from death besides the death of his mother.

Dying in Order 66 would be fine, but she is close to Anakin and her death would serve the purpose that the Prequel Trilogy set forth- the fall of Anakin Skywalker.
I don't think that you understand the FACT that TCW is a kids TV show and killing off a primary character is most likely not gonna happen. Think about the season premier last week. The jedi who was killed was a nobody and they did not show her in the process of being killed (they focused on Maul's face), and they never showed her body (they focused on Obi Wan's face). Do you REALLY think the writers and animators could write a scene where Ahsoka is visibly killed in front of Anakin and for all viewers to witness? I think not.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
10.04.2012 , 10:45 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
I don't think that you understand the FACT that TCW is a kids TV show and killing off a primary character is most likely not gonna happen. Think about the season premier last week. The jedi who was killed was a nobody and they did not show her in the process of being killed (they focused on Maul's face), and they never showed her body (they focused on Obi Wan's face). Do you REALLY think the writers and animators could write a scene where Ahsoka is visibly killed in front of Anakin and for all viewers to witness? I think not.
I don't care if it is a kids show. We have seen primary characters get killed off in plenty TV shows. They would do a disservice to the PT if they kept Ahsoka alive. I don't think you understand the scope of the Grand Plan. One of the plan's primary objectives was to turn the Chosen One to the Dark Side. Ahsoka's death would help in that matter and it would provide much more incentive for Anakin to seek the ability to save people from death.
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

BrandonSM's Avatar


BrandonSM
10.04.2012 , 03:58 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I don't care if it is a kids show. We have seen primary characters get killed off in plenty TV shows. They would do a disservice to the PT if they kept Ahsoka alive. I don't think you understand the scope of the Grand Plan. One of the plan's primary objectives was to turn the Chosen One to the Dark Side. Ahsoka's death would help in that matter and it would provide much more incentive for Anakin to seek the ability to save people from death.
I disagree.

I highly doubt we will see her death. It is in fact a kids and they already borderline with some scenes. For example them having take off some of Ventress's executions. They most likely will continue it in a novel or comic.

EDIT: I fixed my mistake...
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
10.04.2012 , 04:05 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
I disagree.

I highly doubt we will see her death. It is in fact a kids and they already borderline with some scenes. For example them having take off some of Ventress's executions. They most likely will continue it in a novel or comic.

EDIT: I fixed my mistake...
I understand that it's a kids show. I'm not saying that the death should be graphic or anything like that. But I am saying that it would further the Prequels purpose and explain certain things about Anakin's demeanor.

This is just my opinion. While my logic is sound, I don't see her death happening. Don't want to damage the feelings of those poor kids.
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

ZayneDraay's Avatar


ZayneDraay
10.06.2012 , 10:07 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
unfortunately Lucas has decreed it canon and it is actual considered by LL to be higher canon than all the EU novels, comics and games so no SW authors are allowed to contradict it (they made a new canon level called T canon for the series which is now above C (the EU) and right below G (the movies)) ... there is even talk about them retconing a brand new timeline for the clone wars era once the series is almost over to fix the few continuity errors

hell the last EU novel series even referenced an episode of the Clone wars series... the main villain Abaloth was tied into the Father, daughter and Son from the Clone Wars series...

I'm ok with the series in general except for one thing... and that is *********** Darth Maul coming back with robot legs... seriously *** I really wanna know how Obi-wan is gonna explain that one to Qui-gon's force ghost
Well, if Obi-Wan checked to make sure Maul was dead we wouldn't have that problem now would we? Personally, I like Maul added to TCW because he adds more menace to the series. Maul and Savage have done more with their lightsabers then dooku, asajj, and palpatine combined.
"Those who know me by reputation say I am a creature of the cold darkness, a monster if you will. Now you too shall fear me." - Darth Crios, lord of icy wrath

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
10.06.2012 , 10:15 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I understand that it's a kids show. I'm not saying that the death should be graphic or anything like that. But I am saying that it would further the Prequels purpose and explain certain things about Anakin's demeanor.

This is just my opinion. While my logic is sound, I don't see her death happening. Don't want to damage the feelings of those poor kids.
See now if this was the 90s, kids wouldn't really be bothered as much for characters dying since shows did show that. For example..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0pcC...tailpage#t=11s

Just outright did it, and Dan was a supporting character in the show and appeared multiple times in various episodes he was likeable and people liked him and here they just ouright killed him.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
10.06.2012 , 10:27 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
See now if this was the 90s, kids wouldn't really be bothered as much for characters dying since shows did show that. For example..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0pcC...tailpage#t=11s

Just outright did it, and Dan was a supporting character in the show and appeared multiple times in various episodes he was likeable and people liked him and here they just ouright killed him.
We could get into a discussion about this sort of thing, but I fear it would cause infractions so I'm just going to say that killing Ahsoka wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. But it won't happen because it's a kids show. If this were the '90's or even just like 10 years ago her death would not be out of the question. I guess we'll see what happens.
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

AhsokaTanorules's Avatar


AhsokaTanorules
10.09.2012 , 01:18 AM | #69
Maybe she disappears, is frozen and thaws out for Legacy :-p

Drudenfusz's Avatar


Drudenfusz
10.09.2012 , 04:13 AM | #70
I don't think they have decided yet why she is not around anymore when episode III takes place. Maybe they might not decide that at all during the run of the show, because as long as people watch it they make more seasons and for that reason keep her around, and keeping her around might actually help that the show continues (despite that some might not like her, for others, especially female viewers, she might be the main reason to watch it). So, it might be something we will read on day in a comic or novel, or in a last season when they have decided not to continuethe show, but only if they know that while making the last season and do not decide that after seeing how few people keep watching.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version