Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slicing sucks now

Sharita
10.04.2012 , 06:38 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by KarethRiker View Post
Slicing is working well for me and I have dropped other crew skills to pick it up on more alts.

The one question I have has had is that the purple 340 investigation missions (also useless) seem to drop a disproportionate amount. Anyone else seeing that or is it just bad RNG on my part?
Currently all Purple missions are bugged. This is known to BW with no fix date yet.

Uluain
10.04.2012 , 07:01 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgonKara View Post
Slicing is mainly a gathering skill u noobs. I never lose credits harvesting slicing nodes.
And I never made much until I realized, "hey - I can send out my idle companions to get more!" The big credits come from away missions, and not all that slowly if you keep it up.

ErikModi
10.04.2012 , 08:17 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by EricJS View Post
That's been the case since late beta. In fact, I had a slicer go broke due to a string of poor misson rewards one time, even before the beta slicing nerf, back when slicing was a licence to print money.
And that's exactly it. RNGs in these kinds of games are notoriously streaky, so it's not unusual to try and reach out and determine if something has in fact changed, or if the RNG just hates us today.
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

Chaffery
10.04.2012 , 08:18 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgonKara View Post
Slicing is mainly a gathering skill u noobs. I never lose credits harvesting slicing nodes.
What is the difference between running from one slicing node to another and trashing mobs? Both are gathering AKA grind.
I'll bet I can make more credits buy trashing mobs because mobs have something 3+ minutes respawn timer and slicing nodes 30 minutes.

psandak
10.05.2012 , 07:55 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaffery View Post
What is the difference between running from one slicing node to another and trashing mobs? Both are gathering AKA grind.
I'll bet I can make more credits buy trashing mobs because mobs have something 3+ minutes respawn timer and slicing nodes 30 minutes.
I do not think that is what he meant. I know (because I have two slicers) that in the course of doing whatever I'm doing (leveling, dailies, etc) I will find a number of slicer nodes. Every one you gather is free credits. That is what he's talking about.

CthulhuRyleh
10.06.2012 , 09:01 AM | #26
Ever since getting my second companion (actual companion not the ship droid) always having two companions open for crew skills. I constantly send them both on slicing missions and am making a ton of money. I already have three times as much money as my first character at this level.

sickdegenerate
10.06.2012 , 09:37 AM | #27
i farmed like 60 advanced neural augmentors in 4 days.

IF YOU HAVIN' SLICING PROBLEMS I FEEL BAD FOR YOU SON, I GOT 99 PROBLEMS AND SLICING AINT 1.