Bioware, when are you going to hire someone who "gets it" to turn this game around?

Sweeet

The simple fact that a lot of people still playing the game don't seem to understand, is that 800,000-900,000+ players have left the game since release and mainly because of PvP. Another simple fact is that whomever has been in charge of the PvP changes made since 1.2, clearly should never have gotten the job in the first place. These people are so out of touch with what the vast majority of people want it's not even funny. What's even worse is that the changes that need to be made to retain/get back these players are not only very simple, but would not be a detriment to the game in the slightest.

After spending A LOT of time reading the forums at work these last couple of weeks, and after speaking to a couple of old guild members who no longer play who were never active in the forums , the general consensus is as follows;

• People want to be competitive within a reasonable amount of time. That means getting full WH in a reasonable amount of time. 2+ months of normal play doing NOTHING but PvP on ONE character is not reasonable...
  • People want to be able to enjoy multiple classes competitively.
  • People want to be able to enjoy multiple specs which means getting multiple pieces of gear.

This is all common knowledge as I'm sure Bioware were made aware on peoples exit surveys. I certainly gave them my piece of mind when I first un-subscribed. But not only that, this is all common sense! Who wouldn't want to enjoy this great game in such a way?

The very first point in that list is what put me and my friends off and no doubt most others. That point is the most critical for PvP in this game as it has a knock-on effect on everything else, most importantly peoples enjoyment of the game. I'm flabbergasted Bioware has not yet done something meaningful about it. I've been back for a couple of weeks now trying my best to complete my daily PvP quests every day, tearing it up in WZ's with my guildy's, and I've earned such a pitiful amount of Ranked Commendations it's just sad. I feel like for the next couple of months I have no choice but to do NOTHING but PvP on that ONE character if I want to get full WH before next year. And to top it off nobody wants to do Ranked at all which further exacerbates the issue. How depressing is that...

I can't play my alts - I can't do PVE.... Don't get me wrong I COULD, but not if I want to see full WH on my main before Christmas.

I'm not going to sit here and list "constructive feedback" that would help save the game, that has been going on since 1.2 and if it hasn't worked by now, when will it ever? It's very rare to see games of this calibre fail based on bad decisions alone, yet SWTOR will forever go down in history as being the one MMO that failed because they consecutively hired the wrong person to do the job. They were sitting on a gold mine, and they utterly squandered it by making bad decision after bad decision. They can blame the industry all they want, but this has nothing to do with the industry I can assure you and anyone with half a brain knows it. This was all human error, and it could have been averted if only whoever was making the decisions swallowed their pride and LISTENED to people in the various forums/blogs who are actually in touch with the player-base and its needs.

When are Bioware going to hire someone who "gets it" to turn this game around? It needs to happen before FTP that's for sure or people will come back because it's free, realise how terrible it still is to gear up and then quit again. I'm sure that's not what Bioware wants, but it will happen I can assure you unless they make gearing up through PvP less of a chore before FTP.

Edited by Sweeet

The WH grind is sad, especially because you have to gring WH 2 times to get all the mods you want.

I dont mind the grind if its done in a reasonable time, but the gear difference and the time it takes to grind WH two times is kind of boring.

They should just sell the PvP mods for a reasonable amount of comms, so you could pick whatever shell you want and stick the mods in, this way you only grind one time.

TLDR: Gear grind is acceptable but having to grind the same gear two times just to get the mods you want is of dumb, why they dont sell the mods separately is beyond me.

Edited by Laforet

I agree with what you said here OP. You see, I really have no problem with gear progression or gear grinds in principle as this provides another way of diversifying your character. My problem with the game is how gear progression is implemented in pvp. It is beyond just the gear progression, the problem is the design of endgame pvp itself. Endgame pvp in this game in my opinion is badly designed. No matter how anyone here points otherwise, the main endgame pvp in this game consists of standing and waiting in fleet and playing the same four maps over and over again. On top of this the only way to reasonably gear your character is to play this same four maps over and over again sometimes for months. It really is no surprised that alot of people unsubscibed. Main problem is lack of content. For an avid pvper, you cannot expect them to have to pay $15 month if your content is only four maps and that is the only way to grind.

The second problem with the design is that this game is an mmo not an fps shooter where you just change maps and kill people (or complete objectives). What happened to the rest of the content of the game once you reached the endgame. The game has so much potential in utilizing its planets to create an open world pvp but there is no real incentive to do them because quite frankly, its pointless. Why, because even if it happens it is so artificial, there is no real objective of going across enemy lines and trying to kill other players. An mmo world is supposed to immersed you in their world, its just the design of pvp in this game just separates that for some reason.

Dont misunderstand what Im trying to say here, Im not here to say to remove the maps or suggest more maps for pvp. What Im trying to say is you need more varieties of pvp.

I also like to addressed with what you said about ranked pvp and the competition. I also agree as it stands now that the ranked system is broken. There are too little of a population that is doing them. There are real systematic barriers that prevent people to go in to them. First, the gear problem. I know I said on a previous post that I have no problem with gear progression, but I have a problem in it in ranked because quite frankly, everyone should be on equal footing when they play there. As it stands now it would take a while to reasonably gear himself/herself to full war hero to be competitive in rateds. Not to mention finding the right team. The consequence of this system is that, there is only a few who play them, (I can count the number of teams in one hand that play the rated games consistently in my server). Only two solutions come into mind (though I'm not sure if they are good ones), remove the grind in ranked and normalized the gear to their respective ACs or shorter the grind. But I leave it to you bioware to find a better solution.

A second problem is finding players to play in them, even if you have a team, you cannot expect people to be playing on your own schedule, there must be a reasonable type of a queue system that fixes this problem.

This is not a QQ post or rant, this is just my criticism of the game particularly the pvp system itself in this game. The main goal of this post is to create a thriving pvp community in this game. There is a subculture and mentality in game and in here that creates the perception that if one puts the time in that they are elite and a feeling of entitlement that prevents much progress on how to address this issue.

The WH grind is sad, especially because you have to gring WH 2 times to get all the mods you want.

I dont mind the grind if its done in a reasonable time, but the gear difference and the time it takes to grind WH two times is kind of boring.

They should just sell the PvP mods for a reasonable amount of comms, so you could pick whatever shell you want and stick the mods in, this way you only grind one time.

TLDR: Gear grind is acceptable but having to grind the same gear two times just to get the mods you want is of dumb, why they dont sell the mods separately is beyond me.

This!

Have one vendor Sell Shells for all the Armor types..Have another Vendor for all Mods,Enhancements, Armoring, hilt, Barrels...Do it for PvE vendors as well. As it is they are basically forcing people to over purchase because they are unwilling to do this, and creating sets itemized for every spec is overkill for sure.