Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kotor collection issue?

Newyankalt's Avatar


Newyankalt
10.05.2012 , 08:06 PM | #1
Today I bought the kotor collection since I loved them on Xbox. I installed it without a problem than I started up kotor 1 didn't work so I did the same with kotor 2 also didn't start up it crashed right at start ( I have windows 7 professional). I updated my graphics drivers, Put it in compatibility with windows xp sp 3 and ran as admin. I got past the logos than right where the intro movie should be its just a black screen no movie or sound plays.

Is there anyway to resolve this issue I heard disabling movies helps but how do I do that?

SiXXXX's Avatar


SiXXXX
10.05.2012 , 09:36 PM | #2
Try the different service packs. I remember I had to rotate them with KOTOR 1 a few months ago, although I havent downloaded the new collection. I was under the impression this new version was put out specifically so that it worked for 7...
Bergeren Colony Liiara Överkill Cassüs

The Harbinger Nyhilüss Jay-Fett Thräsher

RevanKnight's Avatar


RevanKnight
10.05.2012 , 10:41 PM | #3
u mean they actually released a collection pack for the kotor series?! when?

Newyankalt's Avatar


Newyankalt
10.05.2012 , 10:46 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SiXXXX View Post
Try the different service packs. I remember I had to rotate them with KOTOR 1 a few months ago, although I havent downloaded the new collection. I was under the impression this new version was put out specifically so that it worked for 7...
Well actually it's just the same thing but patched I just can't seem to get past the intro movie. And they released a kotor collection a few months ago for $20 you can buy it a most video game retailers.

Emperor_Kakashi's Avatar


Emperor_Kakashi
10.06.2012 , 12:44 AM | #5
Not sure if the collection is any different, but on both the individual games there's a file called "swconfig" in the program files. Open that and you should be able to disable the movies.

BenjaminminU's Avatar


BenjaminminU
10.06.2012 , 04:37 AM | #6
I have the same problem with my copy of KOTOR II, installed, created a character, crashed right after loading, disabling movies didn't help. I hear like a second of the Ebon Hawk's alarm and then it just crashes completely...

so if anyone knows how to get it working i'd appreciate it, running windows 7 home premium right now.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Newyankalt's Avatar


Newyankalt
10.06.2012 , 08:25 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Emperor_Kakashi View Post
Not sure if the collection is any different, but on both the individual games there's a file called "swconfig" in the program files. Open that and you should be able to disable the movies.
Yes I have tried this but when I go in the program files there is no file called swconfig so I'm wondering is there an alternate way to do it.

Emperor_Kakashi's Avatar


Emperor_Kakashi
10.06.2012 , 08:27 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Newyankalt View Post
Yes I have tried this but when I go in the program files there is no file called swconfig so I'm wondering is there an alternate way to do it.
Is there a configure option in the launch menu?

Newyankalt's Avatar


Newyankalt
10.06.2012 , 10:45 AM | #9
Alright I got it to work kinda strange when you click the icon on desktop to go in game it dosnt work but when I put the disk in and let the menu come up and click play it does work.