Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RP: having an imperial son as a rep soldier?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
RP: having an imperial son as a rep soldier?

Foobert
10.06.2012 , 07:51 AM | #11
Sure. We sort of see the opposite happen in the game:
Spoiler

Also on Ord Mantell you have a side quest where:
Spoiler

You could also write some lore around families being split up during the invasion - it's a recurring theme in civil wars. In the Clone Wars cartoon, there is an episode featuring a then-Captain Wilhuff Tarkin as a Republic ship captain during the Clone Wars. Of course, we know he turns out at the end.

RixoFutu
10.06.2012 , 08:09 AM | #12
No need to thinking about some big theories. Son just has a bit different opinion on whole thing and joins Imperial army because it rock and republic army sucks, everybody knows it )
"Once, I thought myself a monster. I played in rivers of blood and laughed as innocents quaked. Yet when I touched the Dread Masters, I saw that my darkness was but a shadow of true depravity."

flyersfan
10.06.2012 , 09:03 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TMar View Post
Because it start with a "W"...

quick on the edit lol
That word that starts with a W doesn't have a K in it. That's not the word that he was talking about. I believe it is a word similar to Captain Hook's last name and inspired by a general from the Civil War whose first name is Joseph.

As for the OP's question, of course that could happen. The son could defect, be on a world captured by the Empire and enlist, he could have an Imperial mother (possibly of loose morals as mentioned above), or be recruited by the Imperial Army for whatever reason.

Listerman
10.06.2012 , 09:25 AM | #14
Differences in Politics happen. But as soon as he became a Republic Soldier, he ceased to be an Imperial. Imperial isn't a race, it's a culture.
And I'm fairly sure that level of betrayal doesn't sit well with the father. And makes family dinner on Life Day that much more awkward.
"Never touch a Kel Dor's sammich."
"We're on a message board together. I'm already inclined to think you're a schmuck."