Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

what is going to make EC NiM different from EC HM?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
what is going to make EC NiM different from EC HM?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ISDcaptain
10.05.2012 , 09:25 AM | #1
what is going to be different besides loot?

bosses have more health?
enrage timer is much more tighter?

random mechanics?

if the loot is just different and decreased enrage timer, then why is it taking the devs so long to get this out?

Spatology
10.05.2012 , 09:28 AM | #2
More punishing mechanics (ie. you mess up a mechanic you get one shotted)

Diffrent mechanics, more dmg going out, increased boss health pools.

The rest of the Dreadguard teir will hopefully appear in NiM EC.

Jinxblog
10.05.2012 , 09:31 AM | #3
I heard that they were looking at what players have done in the past to overcome the mechanics in MH EC and are putting in new mechanics that render those moot. Essentially, any shortcuts you have found will not work in NiM.
No flames are necessary, you are already roasting in the fires of your own stupidity.

smellmop
10.05.2012 , 09:37 AM | #4
or it could be like the current NiM of the other ops....bosses have more health and hit harder....timer for meaningless title -- have fun -- now back to coding in changes to the icons for the other 37 smuggler skills that no one asked for or cares about
-Tarro Blood -> Corellian Run -> The Shadowlands-
Gunslinger: Hasenbensoba Vanguard: Ajmurphy; Scoundrel: Obi'haave; Sorcerer: Impossibreu Guardian: Shrėk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=labL_KAD2rk

Codek
10.05.2012 , 10:36 AM | #5
Hard mode right now requires coordination between members of the raid to complete specific mechanics in order to succeed. You will often hear members calling out events in order for others to pick up a specific role to survive. Often times, specific individuals will take on these roles because they are are considered capable of consistently completing the roles in an effective manor.

Nightmare mode takes this approach one step further where every member will be required to complete specific roles where if one person falters, the raid will wipe. It will no longer be possible for only half the raid to shine through and accomplish the challenging tasks.
~Codek

KarethRiker
10.05.2012 , 11:08 AM | #6
They did say they will have new mechanics. I fully imagine stuff like a debuff that if you taunt one tank you can't retaunt him until the debuff is gone, or periodic knockbacks off the tanks or three sets of shields on the tanks. Maybe on T&Z there are periodic mini Drook adds that come up. Possible a third interrupt needed in the mine field or more turrets or the squares behind you turn red after you defuse the next bomb.

You know, easy stuff like that
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger

AshlaBoga
10.05.2012 , 04:00 PM | #7
Well I don't know what they're going to do but I can tell you what I'd do:

1. All mobs are immune to cc
2. Zorn and Toth will randomly become untauntable during the fight
3. The shields that drop during F&B will move during the shield phase forcing you to fight on the run.
4. The Probe Droid overload and cleave are now .5 seconds faster (rather than adding in a 3rd thing to interrupt).
5. Colonel Vorgath will randomly leap to whoever has the lowest threat.
7. The 3 droids from the Kephess fight will use an ability that makes them resistant to damage (8 stacks = unkillable).
8. The bomb walkers will use a knockback at 50% health.
6. Kephess will slow anyone he hits with a non-cleansable debuff and will stun whoever has the highest thread at 20% and 10% health.

Now that's what I'm hope for
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Jakobpoop
10.06.2012 , 07:14 AM | #8
It'd be cool if they added a mini boss or something somewhere... that would drop a pet, crystall or something

Tako
10.06.2012 , 10:44 AM | #9
Its going to have more BUGS!!!! Woohooo!!!
<--- PEOPLE'S IMPERIAL MOVEMENT PARTY EU --->
Social Guild for Casual Players
[Proud owner of CE Edition ]

TomWolp
10.06.2012 , 02:08 PM | #10
I expect them to balance enrage timers around fully augmented campaign instead of unaugmented Rakata.

If TFB is any indication, expect soft enrage mechanics when the bosses get around 10 percent.