Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kira Carsen Bug Strikes Back

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Kira Carsen Bug Strikes Back

Calligan
10.06.2012 , 01:01 AM | #1
Just wondering: Has the Kira Carsen silent-treatment bug come back? It's 1.4 now and I thought the issue was resolved in 1.0. I currently have 2971 influence points with her and I haven't heard a word from her. I started this Jedi Knight only 3 or 4 days ago, and everything I've read on the forums says that it should not have affected "new characters," but that was back in January, so....
Sechari, host of the The Inner Sanctum on Twitch.
Blogger at
IAmSechari.com.
Cohost at
Passionately Casual Podcast.
Twitter:
@iamsechari Facebook: Sechari

Monoth
10.06.2012 , 03:36 AM | #2
Could be a bug, but keep in mind that some companion conversations will only unlock themselves after you hit a certain level or after certain events happen within your class story......

So if your loading her up with gifts to get her affection level up quickly your going to run into that road block., what then happens is when you finally meet that requirement you will have like 10-12 conversations back to back with her..
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

bright_ephemera
10.06.2012 , 10:22 AM | #3
As mentioned, Kira's conversations are very rigidly plot gated. You are likely to get little to nothing prior to, I think, something after Nar Shaddaa. (Which is why I wonder how they managed to notice she was bugged...it's slow even when it's working!)

Kira Carsen along with Khem Val are the most strictly class-story-paced companions in the game. If their approval is high and they're still not talking, that's why.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Calligan
10.06.2012 , 11:26 AM | #4
Well, turns out you guys are right. My apologies for my noobishness. Turns out it only kicks in after the side-line story mission after Nar Shaddaa.... Geez this is embarrasing
Sechari, host of the The Inner Sanctum on Twitch.
Blogger at
IAmSechari.com.
Cohost at
Passionately Casual Podcast.
Twitter:
@iamsechari Facebook: Sechari

Skodan
10.07.2012 , 01:09 PM | #5
i wanted to add that many companions will be able to be unlocked completely with completing act 2, however kira requires you to finish act3 to unlock all of her conversations.

i know khem val also has to have act 3 completed
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds