Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Even out the classes!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Even out the classes!!!

HeavensTerror
10.05.2012 , 08:12 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by BeatdownPatrol View Post
Straight up rage post
You can throw all the numbers at me I don't care. SS/MM is the weakest spec in PvP hands down. The minute anyone puts up any type of CD your effectiveness goes down, and lets not even talk about tanks or anything with a bit of defense. SS is easy to shut down.

I'd love to see some of your gameplay if you don't mind.
The Bastion Forerunner legacy
Ionenla Gunslinger
Twileky Sentinel
Lonenla Vanguard

Hexdoll
10.05.2012 , 08:36 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by HeavensTerror View Post
Dirty Fighting has no burst? But I'm the one that doesn't know what I'm talking about. Try a sab charge/aim shot/wounding shots. DF can do as much burst if not more then SS.

I don't care you're valor 80 blah blah blah. I'm valor 90 full WH Aug (including Elite WH), but you don't see me throwing it around in peoples faces, but I really don't care. You are only gimping yourself if you play SS in PvP. You said it yourself you play MM exclusively, so you are biased. Have fun with your garbage spec.
I dont think you know what bust damage is, that is the amount of dmg potential in a single shot or the amount of dmg in a short amount of time.

SajPl
10.05.2012 , 08:41 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Hexdoll View Post
I dont think you know what bust damage is, that is the amount of dmg potential in a single shot or the amount of dmg in a short amount of time.
You do understand that the combo mentioned earlier will bring down most players to 30% hp ? That is not burst?

warultima
10.05.2012 , 09:07 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by SajPl View Post
You do understand that the combo mentioned earlier will bring down most players to 30% hp ? That is not burst?
Yes it's burst ofc.
Burst dps is not necessary XXXX damage in 1 single shot rather usually refering to ones ability to deal a large amount of damage in a short frame of time.

e.g
Why people say Tankasins are "bursty", properly specced and WH geared they can open you up with a energized shock with recklessness for 5k, chain shock procs will add about 2500, then followed by a 3 stack Force Lightning that ticks for 2200 damage per second over 4 ticks over 3 seconds. That's a tank "bursting" you for 16000 damage in 4.5 second (or 3 GCD). Very very great burst. The biggest hit is 5k which is not really that great, but they still did 16000 damage in 4.5 seconds so its indeed burst.
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

BeatdownPatrol
10.06.2012 , 01:08 AM | #35
You can throw all the numbers at me I don't care. Clown Post
There isn't any reason to talk to you any more. You obviously didn't read what I wrote earlier when I covered that. At the point where you say that the numbers don't matter, you lose what little credibility you have left.

Good day sir.

PowerReaper
10.06.2012 , 01:20 AM | #36
This is such a l2p issue lol
Prophecy Of The Five
Warlord »schaton - 55 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 55 Jedi Sentinel

Siorac
10.06.2012 , 02:35 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyzic View Post
And my only complaint for VG/PT and Juggernaught/Guardians is simpy a tank class should not be doing 5-7k hits on me and still be hard as hell to kill. If they are going to be a have the defense of tank than lower their dmg if they are going to do the dmg of a dps then lower their defense. Right now it takes too long to try to kill them as a class that is supposed to be a dps class.
Not this nonsense again!

Focus Guardians/Rage Juggernauts are not tanks. Look at that effing Rage/Focus tree in a skill calculator. They have zero damage reduction talents, zero mitigation talents. Heavy armour provides negligible advantages compared to medium armour. They have one defensive cooldown, on a 3-min CD. Guardian/Juggernaut TANKS, actual tanks, will NEVER hit you for 5-7k unless you're a fluffy little teddy bear accidentally wandering into the Pit.

Assault Vanguards aren't tanks either. They have on defensive cooldown; they have almost zero mitigation or damage reduction talents; they don't even have Leap as an escape tool. Again, actual Vanguard tanks will never do 5-7k hits on you.

TL; DR: Lolsmashers no be tanky-tanky. They be squishy lil' deeps. They be squashed like little bugs if snipy Sniper snipes them good.

warultima
10.06.2012 , 04:01 AM | #38
Again only tank that can pull 5-8k in 1 chain shock or 8k in 1 force lightning (16000 in 4.5 second) are those Shadowsins. There's a reason why they are everywhere right behind Mara/PT
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

Adellion
10.06.2012 , 04:56 AM | #39
You can throw all the numbers at me I don't care. SS/MM is the weakest spec in PvP hands down. The minute anyone puts up any type of CD your effectiveness goes down, and lets not even talk about tanks or anything with a bit of defense. SS is easy to shut down.

I'd love to see some of your gameplay if you don't mind.
Incorrect. It's all down to enemy group composition and how one plays their sniper. You're just arrogant. Deflate your ego. Both specs are viable, they just do different things. Stop worshipping DF cause its the spec you may favour. It's ok to favour it, its not ok to say the rest are garbage because of your favourism.
You said you would never let go... you lied.

GalnarDegana
10.06.2012 , 12:32 PM | #40
I've tried DF, Sab, Sab/DF hybrid, SS, and a mix of a lot of ancillary talents mixing with 31 points in a given tree. I have tried a lot of specs.

That being said, I love DF. It is awesome. I think it is really the most fun when I meet another Gunslinger or Sniper that is specced SS/MM lol. DoT them up and LoS ftw lol.

But I do prefer SS more. I like the feel. Things die so fast that I don't get a lot of chances to do a bunch of damage, but it is really interesting.

I will say that almost the exact opening burst rotation that you said,
Sab Charge -> Aimed Shot -> Wounding Shots
which takes (1.5+2.5+3 = 7 seconds) can be replaced with the SS rotation
Sab Charge -> Instant Charged Burst (with Smuggler's Luck) -> Aimed Shot (1.5 sec induction) -> Trickshot

This rotation will take less time (1.5+1.5+1.5+1.5 = 6 seconds), and will do more damage, as Aimed Shot is now ignoring 20% of armor, does a bunch more damage when it crits, and Trickshot is probably more powerful than Wounding Shots (at least if Wounding Shots doesn't have the bleeds going already, which is not included in the burst damage rotation). I will have to check on the Trickshot > Wounding Shots (minus bleeds), but the rest is true.

Oh yeah, and 3/4 of the attacks I just said are instant-cast.

So I would say that SS has more burst. DF is fantastic for wearing down healers and long fights where you have a chance to ramp up your damage. It is absolutely frightening the numbers I have seen put out by DF, but for fast kills, SS is better, and that is what I prefer.

As an interesting note, I really like Saboteur more than both of those, because I like living longer and Incendiary Grenade makes my brain happy somewhere deep inside, but it is not as useful in PUGs to me.