Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Still Stuttering after new patch 1.4.0b

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Still Stuttering after new patch 1.4.0b
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Necrosis_KoC
10.05.2012 , 07:03 PM | #71
I was experiencing the same problems since 1.4, patch yesterday did nothing to help and I have followed all of the recommendations so far. The one thing I didn't try was turning off nameplates. Turned off EVERY nameplate and there is no graphics lag whatsoever now. Was unplayable before so, in my case at least, the problem was in the nameplates... Basic system below:

Windows 7 64 bit
12 GB RAM
Intel Core i7 2.8GHz
Dual ATI 5870s xFired

OptionExplicit
10.05.2012 , 07:34 PM | #72
I replied to a different thread but I think it was on the french forums. My game stutters regardless of any graphical setting but the fps sits at max. I do not run sli or xfire.

gtx 670
i5-3570k
8g ram
z77 chipset

Please fix this issue, it makes the game nearly unbearable to play.

Deewe
10.05.2012 , 08:12 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

Please go through the following steps, testing the game performance after each. I will outline the steps in order of increasing difficulty/duration to complete.
  • Set shadows to low or off.
  • Turn nameplate scaling off.
  • Delete DiskCacheArena which is by default found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Bioware\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor
  • Delete client_settings which is by default found in the settings folder at C:\users\%USERNAME%\appdata\local\SWTOR\swtor\
    When you get in-game, set your graphics options to your preferences.
  • Perform a Clean boot.
  • Perform a clean install of latest non-beta video driver.

Please also see our Senior Community Coordinator Allison Berrymans' post on 1.4 performance issues.

Thank you for your continuing patience regarding this issue.
Did all the above but the clean boot and the shadows.
Also did a repair scan on the game.

Game isn't as worse now. Not as good but playable.

GVitanza
10.05.2012 , 10:07 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
Did all the above but the clean boot and the shadows.
Also did a repair scan on the game.

Game isn't as worse now. Not as good but playable.
Yea, I tried everything you mentioned, and now when I click "Play" it say "unable to launch game".
Dezomere - Sorcerer dps <I carry scrubs> POT5
Garius (unguilded) Jedi Covenant

Darth-Rammstein
10.05.2012 , 10:14 PM | #75
Soo, it's pretty amazing that they still haven't fixed the stuttering issue yet after all this time....they must really want people to quit...
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five ----> The Ebon Hawk
http://www.swtor.com/r/RC8V8V New and Old players welcome to use my referral for rewards, much appreciated.

sandmanusd
10.06.2012 , 12:31 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

Please go through the following steps, testing the game performance after each. I will outline the steps in order of increasing difficulty/duration to complete.
  • Set shadows to low or off.
  • Turn nameplate scaling off.
  • Delete DiskCacheArena which is by default found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Bioware\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor
  • Delete client_settings which is by default found in the settings folder at C:\users\%USERNAME%\appdata\local\SWTOR\swtor\
    When you get in-game, set your graphics options to your preferences.
  • Perform a Clean boot.
  • Perform a clean install of latest non-beta video driver.

Please also see our Senior Community Coordinator Allison Berrymans' post on 1.4 performance issues.

Thank you for your continuing patience regarding this issue.
Did Step by Step of this... to the letter, not skipping a single thing.

Still stuttering.

Something on your end guys. Please fix this. You changed something in 1.4... it broke the game, now its stuttering so bad I can barely play without getting a migraine headache from it and quitting after an hour or so.

Prior to 1.4 I had silky smooth on all max setting, Vsync... full shadows, nameplates scaling...

1.4 released, stuttering....
updated drivers as you guys suggested in previous posts... stuttering
followed step by step instructions outlined here.... stuttering

SOMETHING ON YOUR END! Please fix this. Please. Or else, just like others, I will be forced to end sub until you do fix this.

This is like the worse nightmare Tech support phone call.. where you get the

"ok, is your computer plugged in?" /facepalm

something is broken that you guys broke... please please please listen to us.

Even if there is mild results from doing all those steps.. don't you STILL think something is wrong here? where only few people that look on the forums, on the customer support AND are handy enough with the computer to do all that will get a smooth game?! Think about that please...

Which it doesnt matter because it STILL doesn't work and STILL stutters.

SPECS:

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost)
Saphire Radeon HD 6970 2GB
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB

Destroyed the game at launch, and through all patches, smooth as a baby's *$%)!@... until 1.4... fix it please guys

MorgonKara
10.06.2012 , 02:16 AM | #77
CS, tell the devs they need to fix whatever they broke with the last patch please. It's actually getting worse since the last "fix". In addition to the graphics glitches and stuttering I'm now getting ;

-digital audio stuttering
-long black screen when trying to quit game
-white box on screen when trying to reset UI or switching characters

I never had any major technical issues before 1.4 now SWTOR is a stuttering glitched mess. It's not on my end, they broke something with that last major graphics update/patch. I just know it.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

warriorcat
10.06.2012 , 04:45 AM | #78
update on the 9th is for performance issues, this may be fixed
Aim the rockets at Tomb of Freedom Nadd!
Level 50's Darkri/Zeraya//Jess'e char slots used 11/12
level 55 Raffes

NrDLeipe
10.06.2012 , 05:13 AM | #79
Well so far im running the game pretty good .

The only thing what i expirence is micro stuutering when i enter the main base on ilum outside everything is fine the moment i go inside it starts to stutter but not game breaking that it becomes unplayble,
The same issue i have with the 2nd daily part on belsavis.

I also have ui in loading screens but thats not a real issue thats needs a fix asap.

I also have strange lines of light going true my screen like some is fireing but no 1 is
The wrath of the empire knows no bounds
Ref link. http://www.swtor.com/r/C88CDZ

Slurmez
10.06.2012 , 05:32 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by warriorcat View Post
update on the 9th is for performance issues, this may be fixed
sadly they will probably improve the performance of something most people dont care about like shadows 0.1% more shadowy and break the game for most people...