Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Can we get an update on Bioware's stance?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can we get an update on Bioware's stance?

Wraiven's Avatar


Wraiven
10.05.2012 , 07:31 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgalica View Post
Running headfirst into a group and doin the "splody stuff" used to annoy the hell outa me as a tank. at least now they can aim it and don't feel the need to run in and blow up all the mobs i grouped up on purpose to better help the dps and my agro gain abilitys
I was on a team, Tanking with my Powertech...and this very annoying Sorc kept knocking everything away from me...usually right when I would hit an AoE or cone ability. Was extremely frustrating. People still do exactly what you are claiming that they always have been.

For me...nothing has changed in those terms. IDK, seems you and I just simply do not share the same luck. I wish I had your luck...really, if I did, maybe...just maybe I would not have started this thread.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Wraiven's Avatar


Wraiven
10.05.2012 , 07:32 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Kourage View Post
You wants BioWares stance on nerfs? lol
There is no update, it remains the same.
Thanks, Mr. Bioware!
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Kourage's Avatar


Kourage
10.05.2012 , 07:33 PM | #33
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

Deewe's Avatar


Deewe
10.05.2012 , 07:35 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgalica View Post
And as far as the trooper and bountyhunters go, get over it really. ya got a interupt now, and a really nice self heal plus all the other goodies you've had long before, those classes are the best example of being able to adapt to any given situation.
Heal what heal? I play a gunnery Trooper and got none.

And BTW as you're suggesting I adapted: I don't play anymore my Trooper at all nor the game either.

Next feedback I'm going to give after having tested it on the PTS, reported the issue and even tried it again will be to cancel my sub. Anyway, at this point one less sub won't change anything at all.

Wraiven's Avatar


Wraiven
10.05.2012 , 07:44 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
Heal what heal? I play a gunnery Trooper and got none.

And BTW as you're suggesting I adapted: I don't play anymore my Trooper at all nor the game either.

Next feedback I'm going to give after having tested it on the PTS, reported the issue and even tried it again will be to cancel my sub. Anyway, at this point one less sub won't change anything at all.
See this post? Just one of MANY posts like it. All this post does, is adds to my point. There are a ton more where this came from, both on these boards, in game and on private boards.

How many people have to quit out of frustration before people finally listen? There are a ton of games out there that no longer exist, because the Developers would not listen to their community. Next thing you know, all the people who "QQed" left, leaving the game strictly for the "Fine like it is, I like it" players...which sadly as not enough to keep the game afloat.

Sad...I am sitting here, watching my favorite game of all time die, this is Rome all over again. We watched other games die for this very reason...now I have to sit and watch this one die too. History repeats itself yet again. Even after this game has died out completely...nobody will learn a lesson from it. They will simply migrate to another game and repeat the same process all over again. This saddens me...
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

LogicalPremise's Avatar


LogicalPremise
10.05.2012 , 07:45 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgalica View Post
Honestly I love the cone change with the inquisitor and sage.
I love how i can ( as a tank or melee dps) run towards the mobs and push some of them back to the rest of a group.

I love how i can ( as a caster dps) push mobs towards my tank and not blow everything thing to all hell.

If you take the time to learn how to use the force wave and the sith counterpart it works alot better now. But I guess there is the problem it mean some folks will have to think before they use it now. (What a shame!!)

As far as the stun, it still works where i need it to upclose and personal.

And as far as the trooper and bountyhunters go, get over it really. ya got a interupt now, and a really nice self heal plus all the other goodies you've had long before, those classes are the best example of being able to adapt to any given situation.

However I do dislike the random crashes to desktop and the influx of new lag thats poured in since 1.4
So let me get this straight:

You took a tool that could either function as a push or as an escape, and turned it into something can only push, and it's better?

First, the fact that you can do that with the cone and not the 360 is a matter of skill on your part. You claim that it takes more "thinking" to use this, but it doesn't. It took a lot more thinking to correctly use the 360 to knock peeps where you wanted them to go. What this does, instead, is make it very easy to push people directionally, but zero utility when you are being swarmed or hit from two directions.

PvE that's senseless, because the only real use for it was to blast though packs of trash when soloing or knock away enemies in FP/OP long enough for a tank to regain aggro. PvP that's senseless, because now your defense tool is directional, and in playing PvP I see ZERO people able to keep that Mara off their back now. I have yet to see anyone going on about how "good it is" now actually agree to PvP to demonstrate this vaunted improvement.

Because you can't. Oh it has more utility at pushing, so it's better for the best players, but you've screwed over the casuals who , y'know, make up most of the population and pay the bills for this trainwreck.

Leave all that aside. You think it should have been changed because it irritates you when someone does "splody stuff" in a mob of trash (I presume in an OP, because if you get enraged at random people during solo PvE....)

I can't think of a more asinine and ridiculous reason than this to nerf anything. Can we nerf DPS who rip threat off the tank? Can we nerf tanks showing up in DPS spec and gear?

The OP has a very good point -- and I reiterate a point I raised when this happened that NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON has met with anything approaching logic.

NO ONE ASKED for changes to Sorc / Sage of this nature. NO ONE COMPLAINED. PVP forum asked for FIXES to all the stunlocking, nerfing down Maras and PT and OP's and mirrors, and some more tools for Troopers/BH. We got an anti-fix for stunlocking that has just lead to MORE stunlocking, nothing done about the OP classes at ALL, and nerfs we didn't even WANT along with some good tools for Trooper/BH.

Again, just because you love BW does not mean everyone does, and the fact that you like their change doesn't invalidate the fact that lots of people don't.
Majynn, L55 Sorc - The Society - Harbinger
Garadan, L55 Jugg- Dark Void - Harbinger
Vongrath, L35 Op- Dark Void - Harbinger

Morgalica's Avatar


Morgalica
10.05.2012 , 07:58 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by LogicalPremise View Post
So let me get this straight:

You took a tool that could either function as a push or as an escape, and turned it into something can only push, and it's better?

First, the fact that you can do that with the cone and not the 360 is a matter of skill on your part. You claim that it takes more "thinking" to use this, but it doesn't. It took a lot more thinking to correctly use the 360 to knock peeps where you wanted them to go. What this does, instead, is make it very easy to push people directionally, but zero utility when you are being swarmed or hit from two directions.

PvE that's senseless, because the only real use for it was to blast though packs of trash when soloing or knock away enemies in FP/OP long enough for a tank to regain aggro. PvP that's senseless, because now your defense tool is directional, and in playing PvP I see ZERO people able to keep that Mara off their back now. I have yet to see anyone going on about how "good it is" now actually agree to PvP to demonstrate this vaunted improvement.

Because you can't. Oh it has more utility at pushing, so it's better for the best players, but you've screwed over the casuals who , y'know, make up most of the population and pay the bills for this trainwreck.

Leave all that aside. You think it should have been changed because it irritates you when someone does "splody stuff" in a mob of trash (I presume in an OP, because if you get enraged at random people during solo PvE....)

I can't think of a more asinine and ridiculous reason than this to nerf anything. Can we nerf DPS who rip threat off the tank? Can we nerf tanks showing up in DPS spec and gear?

The OP has a very good point -- and I reiterate a point I raised when this happened that NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON has met with anything approaching logic.

NO ONE ASKED for changes to Sorc / Sage of this nature. NO ONE COMPLAINED. PVP forum asked for FIXES to all the stunlocking, nerfing down Maras and PT and OP's and mirrors, and some more tools for Troopers/BH. We got an anti-fix for stunlocking that has just lead to MORE stunlocking, nothing done about the OP classes at ALL, and nerfs we didn't even WANT along with some good tools for Trooper/BH.

Again, just because you love BW does not mean everyone does, and the fact that you like their change doesn't invalidate the fact that lots of people don't.
So our opinions differ, doesn't bother me at all.

I never once stated my word is law, nor do I have that intent. The op said he had not seen one person saying they liked the changes, I happen to really like the changes it is sad that you don't.

As for pvp I see it being used quite effectively now and thats in the 1-49 bracket and the 50 rated and non-rated brackets. I dunno maybe all those people are just fools to think the skill is fun and useful now.

And on a side note, I never once said I loved bioware. So please stop putting words into my mouth it kind of trashes your post entirely.

( I liked the old Bioware before they got bought out by the game killer known as EA aka Executive Arseholes. But this is MY opinion and should eb treated as such.)
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
- Ronald Reagan
Peace is merely a farce put forth by those too weak to fight.

Foobert's Avatar


Foobert
10.05.2012 , 09:14 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by LogicalPremise View Post
So let me get this straight:

You took a tool that could either function as a push or as an escape, and turned it into something can only push, and it's better?

First, the fact that you can do that with the cone and not the 360 is a matter of skill on your part. You claim that it takes more "thinking" to use this, but it doesn't. It took a lot more thinking to correctly use the 360 to knock peeps where you wanted them to go. What this does, instead, is make it very easy to push people directionally, but zero utility when you are being swarmed or hit from two directions.

PvE that's senseless, because the only real use for it was to blast though packs of trash when soloing or knock away enemies in FP/OP long enough for a tank to regain aggro. PvP that's senseless, because now your defense tool is directional, and in playing PvP I see ZERO people able to keep that Mara off their back now. I have yet to see anyone going on about how "good it is" now actually agree to PvP to demonstrate this vaunted improvement.

Because you can't. Oh it has more utility at pushing, so it's better for the best players, but you've screwed over the casuals who , y'know, make up most of the population and pay the bills for this trainwreck.
I think it makes sense to separate the two tools. If complaining about this is due to the perception that the devs are dictating playstyle too much, then that's arguable. But there's no real qualitative change, since they buffed the force speed skill and added the self heal in order to make it more of what you should be using to escape and switch the intended function of push as an offensive tactical push. Basically, what the devs are saying "why do you need a 360 aoe force wave to escape backstabbers when the escapee is obviously focused on the backstabber? It's a 120 degree cone. That covers your 2-directions toward the rearend issue. Perhaps more people would be satisfied with a 180 arc but that would take away some of the directed tactical potential. Perhaps they should have cut the CD by 5-10s and made it targeted but cutting the CD too low would have probably added a bit too much damage potential. In any case, the recent change makes the force wielder combat a bit more varied and dynamic imo.

HelinCarnate's Avatar


HelinCarnate
10.05.2012 , 10:42 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgalica View Post
( I liked the old Bioware before they got bought out by the game killer known as EA aka Executive Arseholes. But this is MY opinion and should eb treated as such.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LE0ycgkBQ

Makes me think of this for some reason.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.

Thylbanus's Avatar


Thylbanus
10.06.2012 , 01:44 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
So I take it you feel there was no tactical advantage to it the way it was before? Hmmm...

There was nothing wrong with it to begin with. It had the same tactical advantages then that it has now. That much has not changed.
Yes I do. I was much to imprecise before. Now I can surgically aim and not void a CC or keep a single enemy near me to pounce upon while the others recover. It is much better this way.

Otherwise if its fundamentaly unchanged, why is everyone complaining?
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson