Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jug Tanks not as good as Other Tanks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Jug Tanks not as good as Other Tanks

Kyriosgundam
10.05.2012 , 05:50 PM | #61
Juggurnaut Tanks still make better tanks than the Jedi Guardian's do at least at the lower levels. My level 13 Jug can take on an elite 2 levels above it. While my level 16 Guardian Tank cant even take down a elite at the same level as she is, and I have all the best gear for that level on it. Plus the opponent is melee based which the Guardian should be strong against. So while the Jug Tank is not as good as the Assassin Tank (Which my main character is by the way). It still has its uses and can be very effective if used by the right player. All the Jug tanks I have teamed up with have out lasted everyone in my groups except for maybe myself, and thats pretty good from where I am standing.
"The Ability to speak does not make you intelligent"-Qui-Gon
"Much to learn you still have"-Yoda
"Impressive......Most Impressive"-Darth Vader
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes"-Obi-Wan

Khevar
10.05.2012 , 06:21 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyriosgundam View Post
Juggurnaut Tanks still make better tanks than the Jedi Guardian's do at least at the lower levels. My level 13 Jug can take on an elite 2 levels above it. While my level 16 Guardian Tank cant even take down a elite at the same level as she is, and I have all the best gear for that level on it. ...
This doesn't really make sense to me. The two classes are effectively mirrors, so with a similar build, rotation and gear they should be on a par with one another.

IAmViiOLENT
10.06.2012 , 03:25 PM | #63
In regards to aggro... all of the tanks (if played by a good player) can hold aggro against smart dps. That said, I have yet to meet a tank that can hold aggro without two taunts + guard or a yoink from a sorc from my carnage mara. If anything, to fix perceived aggro issues, I would rather see that marauders have a more consistent threat drop (force camo is great, but I use it once and then pull hate right back) as they do seem to be the only class that has a real issue with threat.
Each tanking ac imo are pretty similar in that they all have cons and pro's, juggs in my personal opinion are extremely easy to heal and very good single target tanks (try running a merc or operative with a jugg, the flash healing meshes very well with a jugg). PT's are the best dps for a tank for sure (and therefore aggro) while also taking a very incremental amount of damage. Sin's have amazing AoE threat, and some really sweet short cd survival cooldowns.

Pplwithnolives
10.06.2012 , 03:44 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkabysslord View Post
Well jugs R missing something 2 make them more useful there nothing I do better then other tanks

(Skill other Tanks Hav Jugs Dont)
Assassions hav Force Speed. Pull, Range skills. Stealth, and a Out on combat CC
Powertech hav Pull, Range Skills, and Higher Damage, Endurance boost in Skill tree

Both hav a higher list of useful skill then a Jug. Having Pull or something would even it out a bit jugs R less useful then others .
You have force charge, force push, heavy armor, and a MS modifier in your tanking skills. You charge to a target, push them and charge again sounds similar to a pull. You have heavier armor than Sin tanks. You can have 2000 strength in tank form, while Sin tanks cap out a 1700ish. You sound like you have all abilites that other tanks have. And you're complaining about HP? You also have ranged abilities...ever heard of saber throw?
Troll Above

Pplwithnolives
10.06.2012 , 03:57 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyriosgundam View Post
Juggurnaut Tanks still make better tanks than the Jedi Guardian's do at least at the lower levels. My level 13 Jug can take on an elite 2 levels above it. While my level 16 Guardian Tank cant even take down a elite at the same level as she is, and I have all the best gear for that level on it. Plus the opponent is melee based which the Guardian should be strong against. So while the Jug Tank is not as good as the Assassin Tank (Which my main character is by the way). It still has its uses and can be very effective if used by the right player. All the Jug tanks I have teamed up with have out lasted everyone in my groups except for maybe myself, and thats pretty good from where I am standing.
juggs and guardians are the same class.........
Troll Above

Pplwithnolives
10.06.2012 , 04:04 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Hatstandard View Post
oooo nice post jholiday. I want to try

Jugg;
some mitigation, sometimes I think right?
slowest reposting, useless leep
uhhh cooldowns. there are a few but they are garbage. blade something? force something else? it lowers ur threat and causes ur party to wipe
worst tank
good dps
looks like classical mmo tank type with good outfit

Assasin:
Highest mitigation but least tanky
force speed is kind of bad compared to leaps
no defensive cooldowns except for a debuff
unreliable pull, good ranged damage
good aoe threat generation
best tank but usually about as bad as jug tank
using cloak machine is hilarious for wiping your party during boss
outfits look to girly

PT:
short Damage rotation
Aoe Threat sometimes
Pull
medium mitigation but better than juggernaut or assassin
boba fett class
ranged blaster for reposting
fast click speed
least likely to be worst tank

In the end you can tank any content with any of the tanks. Yes the juggernaut is much worse than the other 2 but he is still good enough most of the time if he is played by a really good player. The thing that slows down the juggernaut is there are fewer really good players than one would like. There are a lot of crappy juggernaut tanks that are pretty borderline that are played by people who think they are good though. Unless the situation gets tricky cross ur fingers and hope it's enough.

powertech is easiest tank and since all tanks are good enough that means he is usually best tank.

Assassin is the best tank but that almost never happens. Sometimes he is the worst tank no matter what like on the foreman that crushes dudes.
THe juggernaut isn't bad. The person who plays it is. Useless CDs? They take 40% lass dmg for 10 secs and that's a bad cd? Much better than Sin and PT CDs. All tanks are equal. They have pros and cons and are better at something than the other 2 are.
Troll Above

LarryRow
10.08.2012 , 09:17 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatology View Post
Your friendly leap reduces dmg taken by 20%, you should be using it on stuff like the person who gets targeted with the lasers on TFB Kephass.
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
2. Friendly Leap - hardly useless if you use it correctly
Look, I'm not ragging on Guard/Jugg tanks. I love 'em, they rock. I'm just saying their PvE utility is lacking.

I would LOVE some other examples of using friendly leap in boss encounters (trash should not be causing issues). I'm always worried about pulling the boss out of position with it.

The Kephess example is lost on me. I only saw this encounter once before we all went to bed and it was a major CF.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

BlznSmri
10.08.2012 , 10:15 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Look, I'm not ragging on Guard/Jugg tanks. I love 'em, they rock. I'm just saying their PvE utility is lacking.

I would LOVE some other examples of using friendly leap in boss encounters (trash should not be causing issues). I'm always worried about pulling the boss out of position with it.

The Kephess example is lost on me. I only saw this encounter once before we all went to bed and it was a major CF.
Re-positioning Toth and Zorn. Threat reduction on DPS that pulls quite a bit of aggro during virtually any fight (use mostly if the Guardian/ Jugg is the off-tank for that particular phase).

But yes, this is marginally useful. Just like Combat Stealth is marginally useful for Shadows (I use it mostly to reset the limit on my med-pac mostly, or as a ninja rez.)
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics

Satedbuffalo
10.26.2012 , 09:13 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
It's a general threat reducer and dmg mitigation buff, so that's nice in general. Specific boss mechanics where it can be put to use:

Returning Toth to position.
Instantly rotating Stormcaller's turret during Double Destruction.
Getting puzzle-solving tank into Vorgath fight with maximum speed.
Reducing damage Warstrider bomber during Kephess fight.
Moving quickly across lava during Gharj encounter.
Moving quickly back to outer ring during Soa encounter.
Getting out of range of 'Doom' in 2nd Boss of TFB.

There are probably others - it's a versatile ability that definitely gets under-used in PvE.
One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!

Atomi
12.03.2012 , 10:05 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Pplwithnolives View Post
juggs and guardians are the same class.........
While this is true, the guardian starts with a lame tank droid while the jugga´s got vette. And vette´s skillset blows every other dps companion at that level out of the water.
So the jugga feels way stronger than the guard because of his starting companion.