Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we get an update on Bioware's stance?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can we get an update on Bioware's stance?

Roalmo
10.05.2012 , 03:42 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DeltaEkotte View Post
Do you see an CONSTRUCTIVE feedback on the forums? If so please tell me where it is. All I see if fix this fix that nerf this, this is to easy. Also I see a lot of people complaining about what they did wrong, not what they did right.
1. He was talking about feedback on the PTS. You DO know what PTS is?

2. Don't know if anyone would complain about what they did right.

Wraiven
10.05.2012 , 05:09 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
Its always annoying when people cant see past their own belly button.

No one likes to be nerfed either... but guess what? Its for the best of the game.

Its the same with this change. I miss the kockback on my trooper aswell, but i can see why it was considered OP. The aoe kockback was too slow and you would get knockback before it worked.

Its QQ for it beeing broken and QQ for it beeing fixed. Theres no pleasing.
Only it was not broken to begin with.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Roalmo
10.05.2012 , 05:13 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
Only it was not broken to begin with.
Quiet, he's a pvper. He won't understand.

MidichIorian
10.05.2012 , 05:32 PM | #14
I bet this is how the stun range reduction happened.

1-We need to reduce stuns
2-What if we were to reduce stun range?
1-Yeah I dont know, they're currently being used by the weakest classes in the game.
2-Doesnt matter, let's to it anyway. They can always re-roll

Now, resolve changes:

1- We still havent figured out a way to seperate pugs from premades so the pugs are complaining about getting stunlocked to death.
2-Easy solution, let's make it so that it's equally easy for pugs to stun people to death.
1-Deal!

OL/FW:
1-I just noticed that no one has ever complained about the FW/OL knockback. Well other than that it's not instant of course. How are we doing on that by the way?
2-Yeah it's weird that everyone is satisfied with it. Let's just change it. I mean, we still want this game to be dead by January, right?
1-Let's make it a cone. I mean, we've done everything we can to keep those 6K eating, cloth wearing bastards out of warzones but they still don't get it. so this might be the final straw.
2-Hold it, let's buff smash while we're at it, just to make sure.
1-Good point. They're stupid if they don't get the message this time.

Wraiven
10.05.2012 , 05:52 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post

1-Yeah I dont know, they're currently being used by the weakest classes in the game.

Now, resolve changes:

1- We still havent figured out a way to seperate pugs from premades so the pugs are complaining about getting stunlocked to death.
2-Easy solution, let's make it so that it's equally easy for pugs to stun people to death.
1-Deal!

OL/FW:
1-I just noticed that no one has ever complained about the FW/OL knockback. Well other than that it's not instant of course. How are we doing on that by the way?
2-Yeah it's weird that everyone is satisfied with it. Let's just change it. I mean, we still want this game to be dead by Jabuary, right?
1-Let's make it a cone. I mean, we've done everything we can to keep those 6K eating, cloth wearing bastards out of warzones but they still don't get it. so this might be the final straw.
2-Hold it, let's buff smash while we're at it, just to make sure.
1-Good point. They're stupid if they don't get the message this time.

LMFAO! Dude, you should soooo be a cartoonist, lol.
-FIGHT-

LadyRaven
10.05.2012 , 06:07 PM | #16
Just revert all changes that effect PvE and disable all CC in PvP. There all better. No more PvE complaints. No more PvP complaints. That was easy...yes?

Foobert
10.05.2012 , 06:24 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post

Are we *still* QQing about the stun range? The ones that changed were the "oh crap" buttons anyway. They are 60s cooldowns. Switching these to 10m only slightly nerfs the longer range ACs of the classes they affect, but they don't affect the shorter-range ACs (assassin/shadow, vanguard/powertech), which should already be fighting in the 4-10m range anyway.

I can see the argument about the aoe knockback switched to cone going either way, but honestly I think a lot of the negative reactions are inherently because people are always going to complain about nerfs anyway, not because it has changed the game significantly. A sizable group of players have always complained the TOR was too casual and easy. Well now guess what? The nerf just increased the factor of player skill instead of just standing around and pressing 1, 2, 3, 4 in every fight.

Wraiven
10.05.2012 , 06:31 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Foobert View Post
Well now guess what? The nerf just increased the factor of player skill instead of just standing around and pressing 1, 2, 3, 4 in every fight.

Why is pressing 1, 2, 3, 4 so bad when a Carnage Spec Marauder only has to press 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2.....infinity?

I seriously doubt the Devs were thinking about what buttons people were pressing when they made these changes. If that were the case, they would have been all over the Carnage Spec Marauders a looooong time ago.
-FIGHT-

Thylbanus
10.05.2012 , 06:35 PM | #19
Everyone who has an overpowered class will complain when their little loophole gets closed. How unfair it is that their class got "nerfed." Sorry pal, it's not nerfing if it makes the game fair for EVERYONE. Then again, if people wanted to play fair, there wouldn't be all the cheats, bots, and mods that seem to prevail on the fansites.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

BlackSpin
10.05.2012 , 06:38 PM | #20
+80082

Quote: Originally Posted by midichiorian View Post
i bet this is how the stun range reduction happened.

1-we need to reduce stuns
2-what if we were to reduce stun range?
1-yeah i dont know, they're currently being used by the weakest classes in the game.
2-doesnt matter, let's to it anyway. They can always re-roll

now, resolve changes:

1- we still havent figured out a way to seperate pugs from premades so the pugs are complaining about getting stunlocked to death.
2-easy solution, let's make it so that it's equally easy for pugs to stun people to death.
1-deal!

Ol/fw:
1-i just noticed that no one has ever complained about the fw/ol knockback. Well other than that it's not instant of course. How are we doing on that by the way?
2-yeah it's weird that everyone is satisfied with it. Let's just change it. I mean, we still want this game to be dead by january, right?
1-let's make it a cone. I mean, we've done everything we can to keep those 6k eating, cloth wearing bastards out of warzones but they still don't get it. So this might be the final straw.
2-hold it, let's buff smash while we're at it, just to make sure.
1-good point. They're stupid if they don't get the message this time.