Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tanks doing 5K damage need a NERF

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Tanks doing 5K damage need a NERF

L-RANDLE
10.05.2012 , 09:28 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Metalmac View Post
No wrong he pops the tank shield and that is a TANK.
What the hell do you mean by "tank shield"? Shield Generator or Skill/Talent? Are you talking about tankasins in DPS gear? This is old news...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Groncho
10.05.2012 , 09:42 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Order-Sixty-Six View Post
Okay there are only 3 ways a shadow tank can hit 5k consistently.

1 is autocrit project, I'm MAXED dps gear, complete best in slot and this usually hits for around 4k not counting additional debris. If you're being hit 5k by my projects the only reason is because you're not geared or you have several debuffs on you and I'm hitting force potency (only counts for 1 or 2 hits I do).

2 is shadow strike with 3 points on infiltration tactics. This is weapon damage, and is mitigrated by everything, it can take a while to proc and requires me to be behind you.

3 is my execute and I can only do it every 6 seconds when you're under 30% health.

those are the only 3 moves a shadow tank can hit 5k+ with. The person who said a shadow tank got 900 dps in a warzone was due to him spamming slow time (better overall damage than FiB, worse single target), force breach, procing project off whirling blow (aoe melee), autocrit project, telekinetic throw for life steals, and having a pocket healer. Simple way to avoid this? Don't clump like idiots.
force breach (with proc) hits for +5K under infil tactics
op might think that every toon with a glowing bat is a tank
ChŽ
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=

tehrealdealz
10.05.2012 , 03:14 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Metalmac View Post
Tanks doing 5K damage consistently need a freakin nerf this is bigger than a healer can even heal.

Even in full on WH gear a 7K heal is not very often, but consistently a Tank can do 5K damage?

How is this even fair? Tanks are supposed to take damage not be DPS.

Besides when you have Tanks that can out damage healers you get a Healers being shut down by a single tank.
Not sure if this is a troll, a casual/noob, or if this is just another learn to play issue. You my friend have got me stumped.

SlimsPicken
10.05.2012 , 03:22 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Aizen View Post
After reading the OP's words how am I not suppose to say the one phrase I hate to say? That I NEVER say. This seems more like an "L2P" issue. ..
Its a tired old response, but in this case, I fear its ultimately true.

I have seen his gameplay vids.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

tehrealdealz
10.05.2012 , 03:26 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimsPicken View Post

Really? Link please. I would like to see this master of pvp inaction.

Devilk
10.05.2012 , 03:59 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
"The tank shield"? Are you sure it wasn't just Saber Ward?

In theory, of course, a Rage Juggernaut could get Invincible and still put 30 points in the Rage tree. But he won't do those lolsmashes very often without Force Crush and he won't be much of a tank either. Except for 10 seconds every 3 minutes.
Except they still have 2 other skills that build the stacks for lol smashes.

RogueNights
10.05.2012 , 03:59 PM | #27
Being a tank in pvp just means you have guard, taunts, and generally some cc tools for keeping people off healers, its not the same thing as a pve tank, you can be dps or survivability oriented or somewhere in between. Regardless of if tanks can do 5k damage in a gcd regulary (more like occasionally), even w/ fully bis maxed dps gear they donít do as much damage as pure dps builds.
Yanny - Assassin LVL 50 - Drooga's Pleasure Barge, Veebo Lunx

DarthOvertone
10.05.2012 , 04:50 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimsPicken View Post

Tears...tears of laughter
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

Kell_Douro
10.05.2012 , 06:25 PM | #29
i happen to crit almost 7k on my jugg whose full wh but i dont do that high against geared players more around 5-5500. quit your whining.

Hexdoll
10.05.2012 , 08:17 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by RogueNights View Post
Being a tank in pvp just means you have guard, taunts, and generally some cc tools for keeping people off healers, its not the same thing as a pve tank, you can be dps or survivability oriented or somewhere in between. Regardless of if tanks can do 5k damage in a gcd regulary (more like occasionally), even w/ fully bis maxed dps gear they donít do as much damage as pure dps builds.
That is really not the issue, if you can do %15 less than a dps spec for 30% more mitigation...seems like a good trade off but very unbalanced to those trees that don't have that option.