Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it me of Lost island HM is overtuned??

DracJedi
10.03.2012 , 12:30 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Sithcreep View Post
EVERY hm is a challenge if youre too stupid to learn game mechanics. You wont even beat BT hm in full Dread Guard without knowing game mechanics, Yadira is gonna own you everytime with her cyclone smash!!! LOL
Actually, most HM fps are quite easy even without much knowledge of the mechanics. I generally tank them on autopilot, unless we have undergeared or new players along. None of the mechanics were like LI pre 1.4. Unlike other fps, LI requires the DPS to actualy do stuff other than just mash buttons from weak to strong mobs and watch their feet. For pugs, if you have dps (esp mdps) that aren't use to that, its a big challege to get them to be coordinated. It is simply a failing imho of the fp progression system, because for most of the game you can get past most challenges simply by over lvling/ over gearing. But with this nerf, I think (hope?) that pugs will be able to do it easier and I will get my weekly done without resort to grabing guildies.

Sithcreep
10.04.2012 , 11:42 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by BevoTheCattleGod View Post
Lost Island is a joke now, and this makes me sad. The annihilation droid used to be a fun little challenge. I can now tank it on my marauder. Seriously.

There are people 2-manning the entire FP now.

This is the worst change they have made to the game that I have seen.
I want to try 2-manning it, should be no problem generally but how did you do the console part when facing the Sav-Rak? Dont you need 3 ppl for that?
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkabysslord View Post
Panda ??? who is this Panda U speak of Carl.

bbong
10.05.2012 , 02:48 AM | #103
I want to try 2-manning it, should be no problem generally but how did you do the console part when facing the Sav-Rak? Dont you need 3 ppl for that?
No, You just need a bit of luck so that he won't jump to unhandled pipe while channeling consoles.

Sithcreep
10.05.2012 , 08:45 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by bbong View Post
No, You just need a bit of luck so that he won't jump to unhandled pipe while channeling consoles.
I see thx. Cause it happened a lot that he jumped from unattended pipe to unattended pipe until the group wiped from acid spit.

wetslampigduex
10.05.2012 , 01:44 PM | #105
EVERY hm is a challenge if youre too stupid to learn game mechanics. You wont even beat BT hm in full Dread Guard without knowing game mechanics, Yadira is gonna own you everytime with her cyclone smash!!! LOL
I can stand in that smash and only takes 20-25% of my health if i hit a d/c it does less than 10 sooo.. its faceroll

mikebevo
10.05.2012 , 03:08 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifrica View Post
oh yay another elitist, and looking at your comments in this thread you really are an insultive one, not everyone spends 24h a day playing games mate, and i only tried it around the time it came out, haven't done the nerfed version yet. but ye, laughable, i hope you don't talk to your friends like that too, and excuse me for being a casual.
I am not an elitist, this is my first MMO, almost a year, but I am still learning. I do however consider the nerf to LI and SM EC ridiculous. Why does everything in the game have to be easy mode? I like a little challenge. I like the risk of dying once in a while. Now EC SM does not really bug me, since have already been there done that, but LI does. I do 6 days of mind numbing healing in HM FP, why can't I actually have one day of a little challenge? What drives me even crazier, I was the worse healer ever the first 2 times I did HM LI, I swore I would never go back, but guild needed a healer so I reluctantly went for more abuse. 3rd and 4th were better and before I knew it we were one shotting the entire thing, but I still knew not moving fast enough or someone missing an interrupt meant possible death. It just always felt like I accomplished something when we finished, like I earned those comms. Now it will just be like every other HM FP, go spend some time there collect my comms. They just will not feel earned.

Sithcreep
10.06.2012 , 02:58 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
I can stand in that smash and only takes 20-25% of my health if i hit a d/c it does less than 10 sooo.. its faceroll
Ok Ive seen some 21k or so mara going down when hit by that Cyclone, so I assumed it still hits pretty hard lol What gear and what spec are u? Maybe with 25 K hp and 52 percent dmg reduction the odds have significantly changed for me now haha

Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
I am not an elitist, this is my first MMO, almost a year, but I am still learning. I do however consider the nerf to LI and SM EC ridiculous. Why does everything in the game have to be easy mode? I like a little challenge. I like the risk of dying once in a while. Now EC SM does not really bug me, since have already been there done that, but LI does. I do 6 days of mind numbing healing in HM FP, why can't I actually have one day of a little challenge? What drives me even crazier, I was the worse healer ever the first 2 times I did HM LI, I swore I would never go back, but guild needed a healer so I reluctantly went for more abuse. 3rd and 4th were better and before I knew it we were one shotting the entire thing, but I still knew not moving fast enough or someone missing an interrupt meant possible death. It just always felt like I accomplished something when we finished, like I earned those comms. Now it will just be like every other HM FP, go spend some time there collect my comms. They just will not feel earned.
Word, brother! It was that little feeling of having accomplished something others obviously cant. And yeah, its my first MMO too and I easily could dps and tank this fp after 2-3 days. Its just requires a little practice and some brains to actually learn the game mechanics. But people are so lazy. They go to that instance and dont even bother to figure out strategy, get owned big time by that ridiculous droid and go crying in forums how overtuned the instance is. Pretty laughable imo

Siorac
10.06.2012 , 03:30 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
Oh come on. The LR-5 Sentinel was a big old middle finger from Bioware to all melee players. The melee hate emanating from it was overpowering. With two ranged DPS, it was very, very, very simple; with melee it was a huge challenge. The changes merely ensured that the droid no longer hates on melee with the same vehemence.

At the appropriate gear level, Lost Island is still a challenge, especially Lorrick. But it's less unfair to melee DPS and that's a good thing. All this "I'm full augmented Black Hole/Campaign/Dread Guard and it's a faceroll" crying is ridiculous. It's a fun FP with just the right amount of challenge.

Ismercu
10.06.2012 , 04:40 AM | #109
Even the devs said LI HM before the nerf could be done with full tionese, and i did tank this stuff with full tionese. But the gear that drops there was not worth the hassle of going in there with a pug group, so its better they nerfed it.

Petnil
10.06.2012 , 04:43 AM | #110
i agree that a change had to be made, because of the "melee hate" but it was the wrong change imo.
If instead it was made so that this electric buple had a max range from boss of say 5yard, then the tank would be forced to kite nomatter if it was ranged party or melee party. That would probably result in ranged would stay in the middle at max range so bupple would land on tank or melee every time, but the difference between it landing on tank or melee will be insignificant since it will result in a kite every time anyway.

Letīs face it. It was the kiting that made this fun to tank. At least for me. Yes it was "harder" but when you got the hang of it, it was that much more satifying when you got it right.