Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imperial Intelligence (IA ending spoliers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Imperial Intelligence (IA ending spoliers)

Ranadiel_Marius
10.04.2012 , 06:05 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Path-x View Post
Actually something like disbanding of Imperial Intelligence would never go pass Emperor himself, so in the end this concept fails one way or another.
.....The Emperor doesn't deal with the day to day running of the Empire and hasn't even been on DK for like a decade prior to the start of the game. Why would he give a flying f about the disbanding of Imperial Intellegence when he is in his end game?
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

Narien
10.04.2012 , 10:23 AM | #12
Well I think the Star Cabal power is ridiculously over-exaggerated and goes far beyond my tolerance threshold. Okay they could somehow manipulate a few mid-ranked egocentric Sith, but the whole Dark Council on something like this? Be serious. Actually something like disbanding of Imperial Intelligence would never go pass Emperor himself, so in the end this concept fails one way or another. Not to mention them manipulating the Jedi order. That is even more ridiculous. There is just no way I will accept something like this.

On the other hand it is basically just a ridiculous rehash of GenoHaradan from KOTOR.
So is this the part where you break out the "the Star Cabal is breaking my immersion" line, or does that come later?

Manipulation comes in more forms than over, blatant, in your face bullying and arm twisting.

errant_knight
10.04.2012 , 10:55 AM | #13
Given how good imperial intelligence is at what they do and their penchant for thinking both outside the box and outside the chain of command--combined with the information they have at their disposal about their masters as well as the enemies of the empire, I don't find it at all difficult to believe that it wouldn't be too hard to manipulate powerful sith into believing that imperial intelligence was far to close to being a rogue organization for the safety of the power structure and needed to be dismantled into lesser components which were more firmly under their control.

Path-x
10.04.2012 , 11:21 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
.....The Emperor doesn't deal with the day to day running of the Empire and hasn't even been on DK for like a decade prior to the start of the game. Why would he give a flying f about the disbanding of Imperial Intellegence when he is in his end game?
Don't be ridiculous... Disbanding of Imperial Intelligence does not fall under "day-to-day running". The Imperial Intelligence is what basically keeps the Empire together and is parallel in importance to Imperial Military (which is pretty much the most important element of Empire). If Emperor or DC wouldn't care about that then they wouldn't care about Empire at all. It is true that Emperor had bigger goals than the Empire (JK storyline) but the Empire was the only mean to achieve that goal. So if the Empire would collapse from within as a consequence of disbandment of Imperial Intelligence then he can kiss his goal good bye.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

errant_knight
10.04.2012 , 11:54 AM | #15
Don't be ridiculous... Disbanding of Imperial Intelligence does not fall under "day-to-day running". The Imperial Intelligence is what basically keeps the Empire together and is parallel in importance to Imperial Military (which is pretty much the most important element of Empire). If Emperor or DC wouldn't care about that then they wouldn't care about Empire at all. It is true that Emperor had bigger goals than the Empire (JK storyline) but the Empire was the only mean to achieve that goal. So if the Empire would collapse from within as a consequence of disbandment of Imperial Intelligence then he can kiss his goal good bye.
The knight story takes place before the agent and warrior stories, therefore what you're saying is immaterial in ways that i won't go into because this thread isn't marked of knight spoilers, but are pretty obvious to those who've played the knight and warrior stories.

Ranadiel_Marius
10.05.2012 , 06:02 AM | #16
Spoiler
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

Path-x
10.05.2012 , 10:55 AM | #17
You are all clinging to some speculative details while missing the main thing. The whole Star Cabal power is ridiculous and dumb to say the least.

There is no way the whole dark council could be manipulated into doing something as stupid as disbanding Imperial Intelligence. That equals to letting someone convince you to cut off your right hand in normal circumstances. No one is dumb enough to do it.

The worst thing about it is that in the game they haven't even explained how Star Cabal actually pulled it off. I can't blame them because there is no sane or reasonable scenario to explain it. But they shouldn't have made such a stupid story point in the first place.

On top of that, there is no way they could manipulate the Jedi Order.

In conclusion, until BW comes up with some sane and convincing explanations on how Star Cabal manipulated the Sith and the Jedi Order to that extent (which I highly doubt they exists) the Star Cabal will be under "lame" and "unacceptable" category.

errant_knight
10.05.2012 , 01:35 PM | #18
You are all clinging to some speculative details while missing the main thing. The whole Star Cabal power is ridiculous and dumb to say the least.

There is no way the whole dark council could be manipulated into doing something as stupid as disbanding Imperial Intelligence. That equals to letting someone convince you to cut off your right hand in normal circumstances. No one is dumb enough to do it.

The worst thing about it is that in the game they haven't even explained how Star Cabal actually pulled it off. I can't blame them because there is no sane or reasonable scenario to explain it. But they shouldn't have made such a stupid story point in the first place.

In conclusion, until BW comes up with some sane and convincing explanations on how Star Cabal manipulated the Sith and the Jedi Order to that extent (which I highly doubt they exists) the Star Cabal will be under "lame" and "unacceptable" category.
No, we disagree with your main thing. and have rebutted your arguments as to why it's ridiculous. The game tells you how they got the kind of influence they have and how many centuries it took to create that kind of organization. You're just unwilling to accept any idea other than your own, regardless of the reasoning presented.

Path-x
10.05.2012 , 02:04 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by errant_knight View Post
No, we disagree with your main thing. and have rebutted your arguments as to why it's ridiculous. The game tells you how they got the kind of influence they have and how many centuries it took to create that kind of organization. You're just unwilling to accept any idea other than your own, regardless of the reasoning presented.
I guess we just have different opinions on the whole matter.

Btw, giving a hint on how many centuries it took to create that kind of organization does NOT explain one bit how they pulled off the particular things that concern events in SWTOR. If anything it is an argument against Star Cabal since it just tells you how incompetent and powerless must they have been not to be able to even slightly fulfil their goal in all that time. If they really possessed the power demonstrated in SWTOR the Jedi Order and the Sith would be long gone.

Narien
10.05.2012 , 06:57 PM | #20
I guess you missed the part where effectively every single major galactic war in Star Wars lore is preceded by the Jedi getting played.