Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Stop complaining about the War Hero grind

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Stop complaining about the War Hero grind

Eggsalicious's Avatar


Eggsalicious
10.05.2012 , 12:23 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by tbowen View Post
Dumb **** that proves he doesn't live in the real world.
The other guy is right. Nobody cares what *you* like mate, a fairly large number of people thought it sucked and left. That's reality cupcake, and it affects how easy it is for new players to get into PvP. It also affects how bored us geared people are, 'cause paying $14/month to beat up on undergeared noobs isn't exactly what we planned, aye?

You think it's all about how wonderful you are 'cause you got some gear. We think it would have been better to keep all those people from leaving in the first place.

Kharnski's Avatar


Kharnski
10.05.2012 , 12:25 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by tbowen View Post
Holy crap, man...cry some more please. .... so we don't have to listen to so much QQ.
That attitude of entitlement because youve played longer is exactly why rated queues are nearly dead. My Guardian is from early access and is fully geared, I have no reason to cry, as I could easily swap the gear to my Jugg if I wanted to.

No, my complaint and concern is that it is getting harder and harder for people to run rated teams, and even when you do run rateds, more than half of the time you are running into undergeared pug teams who are trying to quicken the gear grind (which is why "the best of the best" is a joke). This is not fun for anyone, or at least not for anyone who is out for competition and not a pointless rated number.

Imo, the devs should be looking at a system with free top tier pvp gear that is useless in pve (similar system to the recently release fantasy mmo that is going to have pvp tournaments with cash prizes). Ignore the minority of players like tbowen who cry about their "hard work" and get everyone on the same level so there can be competition. The rewards for the time commitment should be cosmetic armour skins (not just different colours), pets, speeders, titles, etc.
Kharns
<Super Goomba Bros>

Yiffinator's Avatar


Yiffinator
10.05.2012 , 01:01 PM | #13
OP, you are wrong. First off, you're equating gear grind to skill. One does not equal the other, one influences the other and vice versa.

Gear can play a big factor on performance, but it may not be due to skill
Skill can be a big factor on performance, but it may not be due to gear
(Team composition is important too)

You're in theory a whiner yourself for complaining about them.

jstergar's Avatar


jstergar
10.05.2012 , 02:00 PM | #14
Valorous Call > Inpiration > Force Leap > Precision Strike > Master Strike > Blade Rush > Blade Storm

|
|
V

Dead recruit > Nerd Rage > QQ in Forums > ROFL L2P responses > Reroll to Vang/PT

nough said /thread

Jaiyne's Avatar


Jaiyne
10.05.2012 , 02:08 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Kharnski View Post
So you play one game in the best damage tree in the game, lose while dying 11 times and tell people to stop whining?

Recruit gear is bad. I have a full aug WH Guardian with both damage and tank sets of gear fully modded out properly. I have a new 50 Juggernaut in recruit gear that has WH Lightsaber and Offhand from levels 40-50. The difference is night and day. I easily die 10+ times a game, get killed within a 4 second stun and I'm afraid to guard people because I will die in seconds if that person gets hit by anything dangerous (ie. smash, pyros).

I am the primary target of enemy dps the second they realize Im in recruit, as Im essentially a free kill. On the Guardian I am the last target, because it is a huge time commitment to try to bring it down.

Posting a single screenshot of a single game is a joke. Under the right circumstances you can put up great numbers. I put up 200k damage and 300k protection in recruit yesterday because the other team didnt have enough damage to kill people through our fully geared healers. If the other team had a few decent players however, I wouldve been toast.

The fact is you would never bring a full recruit player to a rated warzone, and that should speak for the issue. Even full BM isnt good enough. I dont understand the logic of the gear grind in this game. It is a barrier to (re-)entry in this game for unsubbed players, and as a subbed player with more time than the average player, it is a still an unfun bore. It is also a barrier to entry for rated warzones (probably why theyre so unpopular) because you need the right 8 man composition and you need everyone fully geared. Not an easy thing to have, at least not consistently.
^ This,,.,all of this.

If you really want to be a masochist, try rolling up a new Sorc and enter your first 50 WZ, lol.
**Saeya*Jaiyne*India*Syarae**

POTF

Titanstroke's Avatar


Titanstroke
10.05.2012 , 02:28 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Devilk View Post
lol, rated best of the best. LOL.
Ok, I agree only if you are not going into Pug PvP and laughing because you are doing the same thing and doing the 12 yr old L2P when it is the gear difference. Ranked WZ that group people based on gear will be a huge help. From what I have experienced to do this is the order that decides who is going to win 1. Gear, 2. Communication, 3. Heals, and for some part I may have to put Communication over Gear because I have seen teams who obviously were all one group in Pug PvP (ie they are all one Guild or they are coordinating so well they have to be talking in Vent manage to overcome both the gear and heals deficit.

But I will drop especially Huttball if I come into a group where most of them are fresh gear. I have been handed my head too many times where I am working very hard just to get my three medals because I get marked and decimated because I am the one toon who is taking out healers and ball carriers (in that order). Frankly it isnt worth the amount of frustration which isnt fair to the group that I dropped but I have had full War Hero toons drop when they see a group of partial War Hero toons so it happens. Plus being a dps sage for my main PvP toon I take a world of second guessers already, inspite of the fact I can and do turn in 300K to 400K games with 70K + healing efforts. Most WZ Pugs that is enough to put me at the top of the list, I can wind up less if I wind up the primary focus especially by a couple of stealth.

So yes PvP is broken until they figure out a way to fix the Pug Teams to equalize based on gear so it really is skill that determines it, although they need to fix the mixing guild groups with Pugs as well. Heals, you either have them or you dont, ugly as all get out if you dont or if you wind up with a group who will not keep dps off of the healers. Then again I am one of those dps that loves to get all over healers so maybe I shouldnt say too much.
And From The Wreckage I Will Arise & Cast The Ashes Back In Their Eyes

Soljin's Avatar


Soljin
10.05.2012 , 02:28 PM | #17
Only Incentive in this game to stay on the 4 WZ treadmill is gear... Im on a huge Server and the entire population stands on fleet all day waiting for PvP or PvE queues to pop while crafting and selling on the GTN.

Might as well not have all those planets....Its all wasted once people hit 50 with no reason to ever go back.

Placing all those vendors only on the fleets was a bad idea.

Im leveling up a 3rd toon to 50 now and dont expect to stay in recruit gear for more then a week...So it may be horrible for a bit, but not long.
Born on Bria.
Clone Zerging Since 2003!

rob_y's Avatar


rob_y
10.05.2012 , 02:42 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Yiffinator View Post
OP, you are wrong. First off, you're equating gear grind to skill. One does not equal the other, one influences the other and vice versa.

Gear can play a big factor on performance, but it may not be due to skill
Skill can be a big factor on performance, but it may not be due to gear
(Team composition is important too)

You're in theory a whiner yourself for complaining about them.
You're agreeing with me. So, this is confusing.

This post was in reply to all the people who get stomped by either:

A.) Better players
B.) More coordinated teams
C.) Better geared players
D.) Possibly cheaters?

and disproportionately declare that it's because of C). What I'm saying is that sometimes some people are just better at a certain game than some other people, whether it's due to natural talent or due to practiced skill. So, I think the gear grind is WAY less an issue than people make it out to be, and in reality, people tend to do better when they're War Hero geared because they've played their class more by then.

Also, in response to the dude who brought up me dying 11 times: did you even look at the rest of the scoreboard? Eleven deaths was about average for my team, mostly because we only had one healer who did 245k healing. I took 240k damage - how many times did you want me to die taking that much damage without much healing?

And anyone who brought up rateds is crazy - the reply about how you wouldn't bring a fresh 50 a Nightmare level raid (unless you could completely carry him) is exactly right.

Edit: What I'm trying to say is this: no matter how good your gear is, someone will be able to stomp you in a 1v1 or some team will be able to destroy you in a WZ. Constantly attributing this fact to things out of your control (length of time to grind gear, class balance, etc) is a good way to ensure that you never get better as a player. I think we'd all be better off if we discussed productive things like "What's the best strategy to keep a Marauder off of my Commando?" instead of just yelling, "I only lost because he's got fully augmented war hero and his class is overpowered!"
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five

mrekxxx's Avatar


mrekxxx
10.05.2012 , 02:50 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Kharnski View Post
So you play one game in the best damage tree in the game, lose while dying 11 times and tell people to stop whining?

Recruit gear is bad. I have a full aug WH Guardian with both damage and tank sets of gear fully modded out properly. I have a new 50 Juggernaut in recruit gear that has WH Lightsaber and Offhand from levels 40-50. The difference is night and day. I easily die 10+ times a game, get killed within a 4 second stun and I'm afraid to guard people because I will die in seconds if that person gets hit by anything dangerous (ie. smash, pyros).

I am the primary target of enemy dps the second they realize Im in recruit, as Im essentially a free kill. On the Guardian I am the last target, because it is a huge time commitment to try to bring it down.

Posting a single screenshot of a single game is a joke. Under the right circumstances you can put up great numbers. I put up 200k damage and 300k protection in recruit yesterday because the other team didnt have enough damage to kill people through our fully geared healers. If the other team had a few decent players however, I wouldve been toast.

The fact is you would never bring a full recruit player to a rated warzone, and that should speak for the issue. Even full BM isnt good enough. I dont understand the logic of the gear grind in this game. It is a barrier to (re-)entry in this game for unsubbed players, and as a subbed player with more time than the average player, it is a still an unfun bore. It is also a barrier to entry for rated warzones (probably why theyre so unpopular) because you need the right 8 man composition and you need everyone fully geared. Not an easy thing to have, at least not consistently.
i cannot believe this stupid comment lol ... recruit in rated hahaha ... gl and work hard with your brain pls...

gl )

JattaGin's Avatar


JattaGin
10.05.2012 , 02:58 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by mrekxxx View Post
i cannot believe this stupid comment lol ... recruit in rated hahaha ... gl and work hard with your brain pls...

gl )
What exactly were you refering to? The post you quoted said exactly the contrary of what you laugh about, that is that no one takes recruit players in rated. What was this with the brain?

To the thread starter: Did you notice in your 1st 50 wz that your opponent group had about 1.2 million heals? Of course you can make 400k damage then. Please post some more screenshots of wzs in which you hit 400k in recruit against a group without heavy heals. Thanks.