Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

TFB HM Loot tables


Kophar's Avatar


Kophar
10.05.2012 , 03:31 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
It only took 8-12 HM EC runs to have BiS (you needed the Black Hole Armouring off Kephess to be viable for you class) and only because of Bracers/Belts. If you ignored those it only took 8 runs to get BiS.

They're doubling that for HM TfB so it will take 16-24 (2-5 months). Hopefully they'll release Nightmare EC around mid-December (SWTOR Anniversary, Dec 20?). So given the decrease in gear I suspect Nightmare TfB won't be out until February or March
Actually its 3 times more gear grind in TFB HM since EC HM drops 3 pieces of equipment. 2 Campaign set and 1 BH piece. In TFB 1st boss for example it only drops 1 single piece of Hazmat gear this is the reason im complaining here, nothing else.
I dnt know if the remaining bosses drop 2 pieces of gear or not since we havent yet killed 2nd boss but just for the looks of the drops on the 1st one, its just rubbish.
And again, NM's arent for every guild and they shouldnt be, so this isnt a solution to the lack of drops on TFB HM.
Again, pls BW fix this.
I saw a dark explosion. I sensed a power within. I felt the urge, the rage, the power... I AM REBORN!!

Bleeters's Avatar


Bleeters
10.05.2012 , 04:15 AM | #32
I'd be fine with the one-item-per-boss system if what was dropping was actually well itemised, legitimate individual upgrades compared to black hole/campaign level gear.

Problem is, they're not, and depending on your class the extent to which they've botched your items can be pretty dramatic. I've only a vague idea how it is for most other classes, but requiring me to collect two-three entire sets worth of items just to correct the horrendously poor itemisation on the commando Dread Guard gear, whilst dropping one token/other item at a time? Screw. That.

Kophar's Avatar


Kophar
10.05.2012 , 04:39 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
I'd be fine with the one-item-per-boss system if what was dropping was actually well itemised, legitimate individual upgrades compared to black hole/campaign level gear.

Problem is, they're not, and depending on your class the extent to which they've botched your items can be pretty dramatic. I've only a vague idea how it is for most other classes, but requiring me to collect two-three entire sets worth of items just to correct the horrendously poor itemisation on the commando Dread Guard gear, whilst dropping one token/other item at a time? Screw. That.
Stil, even fixing the itemization, only 1 single drop is extremely low, i can live with 2, 1 DG set item and 1 Hazmat drop but only 1, no way.
I saw a dark explosion. I sensed a power within. I felt the urge, the rage, the power... I AM REBORN!!

Grobluk's Avatar


Grobluk
10.05.2012 , 06:17 AM | #34
So you are saying that your highly motivated and well-run raid group will loose motivation and stop raiding because they are getting 1 drop per boss and not two?

Either there is more to it, or you're blowing this out of proportion to lend support to your wish for more loot per boss.

Don't get me wrong, you're entitled to that opinion. I just don't buy that a proper raid group walks away and refuses to do TFB because of the number of drops.

You still get the "special snowflake" effect. You still get gear, and at the same rate as everyone else.

A statement like "I think the bosses in TFB should drop more gear " can be taken seriously, and people can argue for and against.

A statement like "Noone will want to raid TFB because the bosses only drop 1 piece of gear" is hyperbole.

Bleeters's Avatar


Bleeters
10.05.2012 , 07:09 AM | #35
Well, it's certainly diminshed my enthusiasm for doing it on any longer-term basis, simply because I can't really be bothered spending the next half dozen months grinding just to make the next tier of equipment an actual upgrade to what I already have.

'Course, that's more of a problem with the items than how many drop, and it won't keep me from doing it at all.

Preludah's Avatar


Preludah
10.05.2012 , 08:28 AM | #36
Whining about the loot not coming to you fast enough just proves that youre raiding for the wrong reasons. Wich means you stating youre hardcore is really wrong

Crionos's Avatar


Crionos
10.05.2012 , 09:02 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by anstalt View Post
My choice at the moment in guild is to either only take the best players to EC/TFB HM and thus alienate my other raiders or take less well played raiders and accept the fact that we're gonna wipe all night and waste everybodies time. I'm in a lose/lose position at the moment because there doesn't exist a raid in which to train well-geared-but-under-experieced raiders.
Many guilds have this issue, and my suggestions to you is let your player decide not you.. If you are a guild leader shame on you and your officers for not being willing to wipe and know that you are in fact training lower skilled players for harder content. If a member decides at this point that raiding isn't for them then you just trimmed some fat from the guild. People are rather intriguing when you challenge them some step up and those are the guys you want at your side during HM Kephess and HM TFB.

Personally EC HM isn't that hard, it does have gear checks and if your raiders are in stock Rakata or Campaign they aren't doing their homework and are leaving heals, dps, and survivability on the table for the bosses of wipe you on.

My guild, I am the GM, has three teams and we are pushing our second and third teams into EC HM now.. First team still hasn't downed Kephess. I can promise its not a DPS issue but communication and coordination. We downed Writhing Horror in TFB story mode on our second time in there, and but can't get Kephess. Who knew?

I personally love the challenge and the gear is not my motivation, and it's the icing or present for a job well done.

Recruit new members get involved in your community and you'll find success!

Good luck
GM The Omega Knights

Korriander's Avatar


Korriander
10.05.2012 , 11:08 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Kophar View Post
Actually its 3 times more gear grind in TFB HM since EC HM drops 3 pieces of equipment. 2 Campaign set and 1 BH piece. In TFB 1st boss for example it only drops 1 single piece of Hazmat gear this is the reason im complaining here, nothing else.
I dnt know if the remaining bosses drop 2 pieces of gear or not since we havent yet killed 2nd boss but just for the looks of the drops on the 1st one, its just rubbish.
And again, NM's arent for every guild and they shouldnt be, so this isnt a solution to the lack of drops on TFB HM.
Again, pls BW fix this.
Since you have yet to kill the 2nd boss I don't see your point that the loot should be better, the 1st boss is the easiest of all the boss encounters, I still believe in risk vs reward and the 1st boss as you know since you killed it is really not that difficult.
Boss fight #2 and the rest are hard and the reward should reflect that over a boss that is really there for nothing more than flavor....

Kophar's Avatar


Kophar
10.05.2012 , 11:55 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Grobluk View Post
So you are saying that your highly motivated and well-run raid group will loose motivation and stop raiding because they are getting 1 drop per boss and not two?

Either there is more to it, or you're blowing this out of proportion to lend support to your wish for more loot per boss.

Don't get me wrong, you're entitled to that opinion. I just don't buy that a proper raid group walks away and refuses to do TFB because of the number of drops.

You still get the "special snowflake" effect. You still get gear, and at the same rate as everyone else.

A statement like "I think the bosses in TFB should drop more gear " can be taken seriously, and people can argue for and against.

A statement like "Noone will want to raid TFB because the bosses only drop 1 piece of gear" is hyperbole.
I said it might happen yes, we defenetly lost motivation for it, that doesnt mean that we are stopping to farm it.
Players make ops to be properlly rewarded with gear both in quality and numbers and also to see the end content ofc but the main reason will allways to get better gear, any other reason and you are kidding yourself.
What you are saying is that you have no problem whatsoever to be farming 5-6 months TFB in order to grab your gear to every player in your operation team, thats just sick if you ask me.
The grinding part of this game was good as it was, now they just trippled that amount. Just take a look as well for the cost of hazmat implants that just passed from 30ish to 350, i mean come on, am i the only one here seeing that there is a problem with this pattern?
The loot table rewarding system in this game is all screwed up from the very beginning. It started with ev/kp giving the same loot on NM's than in HM, than they fixed that and actually they made the loot rewarding system pretty darn balanced in EC HM and now this?!
Awarding 1 single piece of loot to an 8 man grp its just bad design and the only reason theyre doing this is because they want to stretch the rope on the release of new ops content and you guys are buying this?!
I saw a dark explosion. I sensed a power within. I felt the urge, the rage, the power... I AM REBORN!!

Grobluk's Avatar


Grobluk
10.05.2012 , 12:11 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Kophar View Post
What you are saying is that you have no problem whatsoever to be farming 5-6 months TFB in order to grab your gear to every player in your operation team, thats just sick if you ask me.
Right, I have no problem with that. Firstly my goal is to clear TFB HM while having fun, not ensure that every single raid member has every possible gear piece.

Secondly I assume that other ways to gear up might present themselves (NiM modes), and even if they don't, I am fine with that too.

Last tier of gear you could farm dailies for BH gear. Shift the BH mods into Rakata gear from faceroll content, and in a short time have gear that was BETTER than Campaign gear, if you knew how to mod. The rational way to gear up was to farm BH commendations in dailies, not do PvE.

THAT was sick, in my opinion.