Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rabenschwinge
10.05.2012 , 11:08 AM | #2161
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
They've stated that when SGRA's are added in the near future, it will be with current companions that "make sense".

There's no point to discuss new companions at this time.
By that logic it wouldn't make sense to discuss the topic at all, it would only make sense to wait and see.
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

stormdrakelord
10.05.2012 , 11:10 AM | #2162
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabenschwinge View Post
When it comes to sexuality the gender matters a lot. Some people are simple not gay. Of course in some cases we'd like them to be, but the game would be shale if all companions would simply be whatever we want them to be. DA2 is not a particularly good Bioware game - I don't find it bad either, but it's certainly not par with Dragon Age: Origins are the Mass Effect series.
If there was a rating system for this forum, i'd give this a rating of winner. Let's look at the DA2 female options: Isabella the pirate could have remained bi, while Merrill could've been developed a lesbian w/appropriate story to match. Aveline could have been added as the straight only option with the realization that Hawke wants her and if male the romance begins, but if female, it never gets off the ground.

Anyways, back on topic. Having the same-gender romances for the companions that make sense is a good idea and a bad idea. The bad is that some of the companions do not make sense as SGRs to some, like me and Elara Dorne for example, makes no sense for a woman in the military known for never breaking rules and regulations should even be in a romance with her male commanding officer (Trooper). Change the boss to a female, it makes even less sense. The good is that some classes only get the one option so it would have to be that person.
  1. Trooper-Elara is the only female in the squad other than trooper.
  2. Jedi Knight-I only know of Kira the padawan, that would be fun.
  3. Jedi Consular and Sith Inquisitor-Their repective companions, Nadia and Ashara.
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

stuffystuffs
10.05.2012 , 11:21 AM | #2163
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabenschwinge View Post
By that logic it wouldn't make sense to discuss the topic at all, it would only make sense to wait and see.
We can't discuss what they've confirmed?

I don't see the point of continually pushing the idea that SGRA's should be with new companions instead of existing ones when they've confirmed that they will add them in with some existing companions.
Node guarder

wainot-keel
10.05.2012 , 11:40 AM | #2164
Quote: Originally Posted by stormdrakelord View Post
Anyways, back on topic. Having the same-gender romances for the companions that make sense is a good idea and a bad idea. The bad is that some of the companions do not make sense as SGRs to some, like me and Elara Dorne for example, makes no sense for a woman in the military known for never breaking rules and regulations should even be in a romance with her male commanding officer (Trooper). Change the boss to a female, it makes even less sense.
whoa... what does that mean exactly ? Elara sleeping with her male boss is not so bad but Elara sleeping with her female boss is crossing the line ?

Palar
10.05.2012 , 11:46 AM | #2165
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
We can't discuss what they've confirmed?

I don't see the point of continually pushing the idea that SGRA's should be with new companions instead of existing ones when they've confirmed that they will add them in with some existing companions.
With no deadline or anything in sight, why wouldn't people branch into hypotheticals?

stuffystuffs
10.05.2012 , 11:57 AM | #2166
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
With no deadline or anything in sight, why wouldn't people branch into hypotheticals?
We could discuss the hypothetical of it not being included at all then. Posters come into this thread and push that idea from time to time.

It has been confirmed that they will include them though, so I don't see much point in that.
Node guarder

stormdrakelord
10.05.2012 , 12:04 PM | #2167
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
whoa... what does that mean exactly ? Elara sleeping with her male boss is not so bad but Elara sleeping with her female boss is crossing the line ?
I didn't say that, just that Elara is a by-the-book kind of girl, and sleeping with her commanding officer might be breaking regulations/rules, no matter the gender. that, and I personally can't see her in a romance at all.
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

Tatile
10.05.2012 , 12:09 PM | #2168
Quote: Originally Posted by stormdrakelord View Post
I didn't say that, just that Elara is a by-the-book kind of girl, and sleeping with her commanding officer might be breaking regulations/rules, no matter the gender. that, and I personally can't see her in a romance at all.
I thought Elara was a romance option, though?

stuffystuffs
10.05.2012 , 12:12 PM | #2169
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I thought Elara was a romance option, though?
She is.

It seems that poster was saying:

Elara romance with male: bad/against regs but makes sense.

Elara romance with female: bad/against regs but doesn't make sense.

At least that's what I got.
Node guarder

Uluain
10.05.2012 , 12:13 PM | #2170
Well, technically, they never specifically said "current companions". It is a reasonable inference, but the statements could as easily have applied to companions already designed and/or written whom we have yet to meet. I personally do think the remarks referred to current companions, particularly given the leaks regarding Makeb.

On the other hand, it doesn't hurt to speculate. In some ways it is even helpful to, as we can then make known what we would or would not appreciate in various scenarios.