Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Probes should be TAB targetable

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ditolus
10.05.2012 , 12:04 AM | #1
the probes that float around in the puzzle boss should be tab targetable. they currently are not. its a major pain in the a$#$ to target them with your mouse, then go back to killing adds if you're standing in the middle circle

Raekor
10.05.2012 , 02:18 AM | #2
I don't really have much problem with them. And as long as nobody hits them you can just get them afterwards.

Edit: Could do with a bigger hit box maybe. Or be higher on the selection priority than Operator.

RanisTheSlayer
10.05.2012 , 07:29 AM | #3
No one in my guild has trouble killing them. Must be you.
Ranis
Lethal Dose Fifty
Jedi Covenant's #1 DPS Sage
Server First 8M and 16M HM Terror From Beyond 5/5

Suzina
10.05.2012 , 08:48 AM | #4
EDIT: I misunderstood.

Post is about probes not being considered enemeis (just neutrals) until attack, therefore not tab targetable.
Member of Bane Fleet

KarethRiker
10.05.2012 , 10:58 AM | #5
As a sent who is on blue I had trouble with this for my first three runs, but figured out a way to make it easier. When we start the fight I leap to the trash to build focus then head straight for my probe and do a force sweep aoe to get him red. Then I do a quick tab target and he's down before I know it. So my recommendation is a small AOE to knock them red allowing the tab.
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger

HoboWithAStick
10.07.2012 , 02:31 PM | #6
They spawn at 12 and 6 on the map you should be waiting there for them and be able to click them instantly. If you can't you are doing it wrong.

wetslampigduex
10.08.2012 , 07:15 AM | #7
i dont like that an aoe taunt aggro's the damn things

Lostpenguins
10.08.2012 , 08:16 AM | #8
I do agree with the OP. It's sort of dumb that you can't tab target them, but you can hit them with AoE abilties. But I guess that's probably the only way BW could code it. If it was targetable, it would have to be red, then it would be considered an enemy and would aggro whoever had highest threat on it.

Grimsblood
10.08.2012 , 09:44 AM | #9
Can you tab target the random non hostile adds in KP between Bonethrasher and Jarg and Sorno? Can you hit them with an AoE and make them hostile?

I have never had a problem clicking on them....They move, stop for a bit and then move again. If you are not coordinated to click on one while you are in the middle........well........................I just won't say anymore.

RanisTheSlayer
10.08.2012 , 10:01 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimsblood View Post
I have never had a problem clicking on them....They move, stop for a bit and then move again. If you are not coordinated to click on one while you are in the middle........well........................I just won't say anymore.
Agreed. If you can't do something simple like clicking a little ball in the air, you shouldn't be in TFB in the first place.
Ranis
Lethal Dose Fifty
Jedi Covenant's #1 DPS Sage
Server First 8M and 16M HM Terror From Beyond 5/5