Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Gearing up for PvP in this game is really bad.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Gearing up for PvP in this game is really bad.

heechJunzi's Avatar


heechJunzi
10.05.2012 , 08:59 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
Let's be honest, gearing up for pvp in this game is bad. I'm recently coming back and can't stand how hard it is to grind out the gear. First BM, then War Hero then E War Hero Weapons. You need over 30k commendations to get yourself close to fully geared. That's a huge grind for anyone trying to gear up their character and then after they do that getting gear for another spec if they want to try something else. Something needs to be done about the grind, it didn't work in Warhammer. It won't work here.
The real answer is: people need to start finding pugs for rwz again. Yes, you'll be blown out occasionally, but you will gear up MUCH MUCH faster.
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jünzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

Cybridwarform's Avatar


Cybridwarform
10.05.2012 , 09:01 AM | #22
Hi,
I am the modern diva mmo player.
I have a life, i go out, i have better things to do than sit and play a game for more than 30mins a day. Clearly i can't be asked to grind in a video game because of my super popular rockstar life. Please give me free gear and add no challenge or work into it. -Thanks.

Signed,
Kim Kardashian
Hardcore MMO competitive player.



Dear MMO Customer,

My bad, if you have better things to do and think plaing MMO's requires you to have no life. If you believe it to be so, then you should uninstall and proceed to play Call of Duty; i hear they love casual gamers. If you have other things to do in life you should stop playing, or accept the fact MMO's take time to excell in. Perhaps you should learn to manage your time wisely or move on. MMO's are for serious players who have a sense of reward to time invested gameplay.

Signed,
A company that actually makes MMO's and does not care about your popularity on FaceBook.
Agent: What if i brought you flowers?
Kaliyo
: I would go find a man instead.
-A true woman.

SpaniardInfinity's Avatar


SpaniardInfinity
10.05.2012 , 09:02 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Biggilus View Post
Yes but, the OP wants ALL WH (with augments I'm assuming) when he freshly hits 50. Your advice simply isn't good enough!
But this is also possible, and it requires 1 geared Lv50 that you can already grind on. Pick up that Legacy gear, mail it over, day one War Hero!

But that's probably not good enough either...
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

Lowyjowylof's Avatar


Lowyjowylof
10.05.2012 , 09:18 AM | #24
Make the armorings, mods, enhancements and barrels craftable. Expand the mats and shematics on the PvP vendor and use comms to buy them. This would expand a lame crafting system and the economy would have a new market.

This makes it easier for those with alts to get gear and optimizing you main toon's gear.

You could also add valor rating to the items so someone has to pvp to get certified for the gear, then mitgate it a little by adding it to legacy and not just a character.
Battle is an orgy of disorder.
George S. Patton

ZlupZlup's Avatar


ZlupZlup
10.05.2012 , 09:32 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
Let's be honest, gearing up for pvp in this game is bad. I'm recently coming back and can't stand how hard it is to grind out the gear. First BM, then War Hero then E War Hero Weapons. You need over 30k commendations to get yourself close to fully geared. That's a huge grind for anyone trying to gear up their character and then after they do that getting gear for another spec if they want to try something else. Something needs to be done about the grind, it didn't work in Warhammer. It won't work here.
To fair mate, i got 50 today and i'm already in 2 bits of BM and 1 bit of WH because I did the whole 2000 comms and 3500 before I hit 50. That being said I just find it boring and a bit of a waste of time to grind all this just for warzones at the moment as its the only place im gonna use it in pvp. I was thinking today that once you have it all its a waste of time really as everyone else is in it as well so it cancels it out.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Eyesmindassassin's Avatar


Eyesmindassassin
10.05.2012 , 10:29 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by RazielHex View Post
It's technically possible to have both WH Weapons as soon as you hit 50.

3500 Ranked + 2000 Warzone equals out to 4166 Ranked. So the weapons are 2,000 each, leaving you with 166 Ranked left, or 500 Warzone Commendations, which should be able to get you a piece of battlemaster.

Combine this with Recruit Mk-2 and you should be silver if you're competent.
Why are you lying?

WH weapons do NOT cost 2k ranked Warzone comms each. They cost 3400+ each. Not only that, but you are FORCED to purchase BM weapons first BEFORE you can purchase WH weapons. BM weapons are 1500 each so that's another 3k regular comms. You can buy ONE weapon when you turn 50 and then you're left 500 comms and have to grind up another 3400+ RWZ comms and 1k WZ comms. And that is just the weapons. You still have to buy the rest of the set and then comes the Elite War Hero weapons and incoming gear grind which you will need to have WH to turn in for. Don't try to make it appear that the massive grind for WH gear is anything less than it is, because let's face it, it's an incredible time investment especially if your faction loses 90% of the WZ's on your server.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
10.05.2012 , 10:32 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Eyesmindassassin View Post
Why are you lying?

WH weapons do NOT cost 2k ranked Warzone comms each. They cost 3400+ each. Not only that, but you are FORCED to purchase BM weapons first BEFORE you can purchase WH weapons. BM weapons are 1500 each so that's another 3k regular comms. You can buy ONE weapon when you turn 50 and then you're left 500 comms and have to grind up another 3400+ RWZ comms and 1k WZ comms. And that is just the weapons. You still have to buy the rest of the set and then comes the Elite War Hero weapon and incoming gear grind which you will need to have WH to turn in for. Don't try to make it appear that the massive grind for WH gear is anything less than it is, because let's face it, it's an incredible time investment especially if your faction loses 90% of the WZ's on your server.
I thought they changed WH from 3.4k to 2k and removed the requirement for BM, anyways I have the elite WH so eh.


I mean the patch notes say they reduced the cost of WH main and offhand but I guess that's a typo.

Groncho's Avatar


Groncho
10.05.2012 , 10:46 AM | #28
they reduced the cost for WH =2000 RWC; EWH = 3475 RWC
Chë
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=

rob_y's Avatar


rob_y
10.05.2012 , 11:10 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by RazielHex View Post
It's technically possible to have both WH Weapons as soon as you hit 50.

3500 Ranked + 2000 Warzone equals out to 4166 Ranked. So the weapons are 2,000 each, leaving you with 166 Ranked left, or 500 Warzone Commendations, which should be able to get you a piece of battlemaster.

Combine this with Recruit Mk-2 and you should be silver if you're competent.
Yea, it's pretty easy to have a decent amount of gear as soon as you ding 50. It's what I just did this morning (and I didn't even have maxxed comms):

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=540922
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five

Sock_Bramson's Avatar


Sock_Bramson
10.05.2012 , 11:12 AM | #30
Naw, you, the patch notes, and the in-game vendors are all lying.
-Hedley Melange <Physics>, Dreshdae-->The Shadowlands-