Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hilarious random group

BlueRahja
10.05.2012 , 09:48 AM | #1
Disclaimer: This is for sharing funny encounters in random groups, not for hard raging about someone stealing your cloudsong.

First up, I'm a healer. So I queue up for a random on my newest healer, a level 30 sage, a class I am far less comfortable healing with than my agent or bodyguard. Group finally pops up, and its Mandalorian Raiders for me. Not bad, I am familiar from my days as an imperial, so all I have to cope with is my own comfort with the class. Zone in, tank has 2k less health than me. Not a problem. Tank goes invisible. Hoo boy, this is going to be rough.

The tank we had for this dungeon I think spoke english as a second language. Or they didnt speak any language I'm still not sure (zero communication). There's a distinct possibility they were also lost, and didn't know they were in an instance. But something about their behavior made all this badness go from annoying to almost adorable. For some reason it triggered the "D'awwwww, lookit the little bambie" reaction you get watching a puppy explore your home for the first time after buying it.

Every time she wandered off, or invisibled past a pack of angry mandalorians that the rest of the group would then have to kill just to keep up to her, I would just laugh, struggle to keep everyone alive, and move on.

Some highlights:
Randomly walked off during the first boss after losing aggro.
Watched the railcart leave with us all on it, then ran after it like a dog chasing a car, only to check every side corridor for treats.
Was clearly frightened by the witchcraft of CC and would not stand for it. Sometimes only attacking things that were CC'd first.
Had just lost their ability to fly, and were thus caught unawares by the drop off of elevators.
Invis past groups, wait impatiently on the other side.
Group waiting for tank to attack? This is a good time for sexy dancing.

As much as this might sound like a rant about bad players though, honestly and whole heartedly, I was laughing so hard by the time we were done. The other two people in the group, not so much, expecially the smuggler, who had to compete with her needing all his stuff, but, I honestly don't think they knew what they were doing enough to be malicious. All in all, a good time. I would compare the experience to being a Big Daddy following those crazy little girls around in Bioshock. Still fairly certain we might have been being trolled, but regardless, instead of getting mad, it had the opposite effect.
'"\\=<<>>=//"'
"There's no use running, you'll only die tired."

Anysao
10.05.2012 , 09:51 AM | #2
Well this thread is rude and cruel. Perhaps she was a new player, or a leggy game?

PS- they aren't called dungeons anymore.
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.
You cannot escape the Moonbanger!The Ebon Hawk Starfighter Enthusiast.

BlueRahja
10.05.2012 , 10:00 AM | #3
I don't think you read what I said. The behavior was beyond "new player" and "lag". This was something completely new. Mostly what fascinated me enough to share was the wondering off. "Bored now....oooohhhh whats that over there?"
'"\\=<<>>=//"'

LordBater
10.05.2012 , 10:13 AM | #4
Yeah man, this was so rude. I mean really, using the term dog? Ok, we don't use the d-word, cause its really really wrong. We prefer the term "canine-American", yeah, much more comfortable with that really.
No, of course not. And that is the whole problem with aliens, you just can't trust them. Occasionally you meet a nice one, Starman, E.T., but usually they just turn out to be some kind of big lizard!

Baronstefan
10.05.2012 , 10:13 AM | #5
Just curious. There are no tank smugglers so why would your smuggler be competing with the tank for stuff. But anyway, i have been in groups like this and like you, i just have to laugh at them.....i especially notice this for tanks that seem to be totally lost at being a tank. That might be do to the fact that if u list yourself as a tank in gf you will usually get a pop right away.

BlueRahja
10.05.2012 , 10:22 AM | #6
Tank kept rolling on smugglers gear. Luckily for the smugg he won most of the rolls. Also, in future will remember to use the term "Canine American"
'"\\=<<>>=//"'

dscount
10.05.2012 , 10:43 AM | #7
LOL.. everyone learns.

I had an Assassin Tank the other day that I had to explain "Guard" and how to turn it on me so I stopped drawing all the Aggro. We moved a little quicker after that, but still wiped a couple times. Similiar events to yours when he would attack something you could sneak by and sneak by something you had to attack.

Everyone learns via trial & error. (Even BW - LOL)
WTB Legacy wide Datacron unlock
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

schnopsnosn
10.05.2012 , 10:47 AM | #8
A guildmate was once in Black Talon HM for over 2h.
He spent roughly 50k for repairs.

Why?
The healer didn't heal, the tank didn't tank and the other DPS didn't do any damage at all.

Funny scenes:
2nd DPS was a Marauder, at Yadira Ban he jumped to her, took a few swings, then ran away again until he could jump back at her.
The tank lost aggro after a few seconds to my mate. He died, boss was at 90%, so the fight ran only for a few seconds.
They somehow managed to survive as a group of three(note: the concept of a battle-res seems to be unknown to this healer) to stay alive until she enraged. She was at 69% by then.

UltimateKrucible
10.05.2012 , 10:59 AM | #9
Great post, OP - I've been in situations like this and it's great fun when you can let go and just enjoy the hilarity.
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

HarleysRule
10.05.2012 , 11:09 AM | #10
I nominate the OP for sainthood. I would have left that group after about 10 minutes.

Been playing my healer Operative and it's getting to the point where I'm surprised when a tank guards someone and he and/or the DPS don't constantly break CC. I'm talking level 50 groups here...