Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gearing up for PvP in this game is really bad.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Gearing up for PvP in this game is really bad.

Lord_Karsk
10.05.2012 , 04:42 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
Bad or Hard?
It's fine, and to easy in my opinion.
Are you working for Arena net or something ? because half the players playing GW2 is former swtor
players who left swtor stunlocking grind hell.

denpic
10.05.2012 , 04:49 AM | #12
I have full war hero aug'd and itemized I'm casual and don't spend anymore Than 2-4 hrs per day playing
It's not hard and let's be honest if you don't have at least 2 hrs a day to play then this type of mmo probably don't fit your Lifestyle and gw2 would be your best bet in fulfilling your need for instant gratification
EOL Marster Dar Nala
ULAC Dalbora

Yun_Gemstone
10.05.2012 , 05:39 AM | #13
Gearing up becomes more easy than it used to be (grrr, Champion/BM boxes). Now you practically get a free almost BM grade gear once you hit 50. Which makes you viable against the BM geared people and most of the half WH/BM players. Definitely not going to win on equal skill ground, but there are so many bad PvPers in full WH, that sometimes I wonder why people complain. Even the baddies get geared up decently fast.

Its not so bad compared to some other games. AION comes to mind. Where you have to PVE...to get your PvP gear. And in Open PvP you get severe penalties and diminishing returns if you are high rank and try to (gulp) actually PvP to get points for the PvP gear. The time you spend getting 1 piece in Aion is comparable to a full set of BM. Heck I could even compare it to a half WH set.

Biggilus
10.05.2012 , 06:25 AM | #14
Sounds like a lot of players are just lazy with the "give me give me give me everythign i want to be on par with the peopel who spent months obtaining and modding and tailoring their gear but wahhhhh this guy beat me who put all this hard work in its not fair BW you suck im going to GW2".

Does make me chuckle.

Groncho
10.05.2012 , 06:47 AM | #15
Is just a time sinker
is not bad considering the amount of pvp content
Ch
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=

cycao
10.05.2012 , 06:49 AM | #16
I did the majority of the grind on a dead server solo queuing and when I started after doing the BM bag craprngwtf system I was almost full champion with two BM. I rather the grind be "hard" than oh I hit 50, oh look I'm fully min/maxed in WH in a week.

ranscow
10.05.2012 , 08:25 AM | #17
Very well said, Serbegorn.

RazielHex
10.05.2012 , 08:38 AM | #18
It's technically possible to have both WH Weapons as soon as you hit 50.

3500 Ranked + 2000 Warzone equals out to 4166 Ranked. So the weapons are 2,000 each, leaving you with 166 Ranked left, or 500 Warzone Commendations, which should be able to get you a piece of battlemaster.

Combine this with Recruit Mk-2 and you should be silver if you're competent.

Biggilus
10.05.2012 , 08:43 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by RazielHex View Post
It's technically possible to have both WH Weapons as soon as you hit 50.

3500 Ranked + 2000 Warzone equals out to 4166 Ranked. So the weapons are 2,000 each, leaving you with 166 Ranked left, or 500 Warzone Commendations, which should be able to get you a piece of battlemaster.

Combine this with Recruit Mk-2 and you should be silver if you're competent.
Yes but, the OP wants ALL WH (with augments I'm assuming) when he freshly hits 50. Your advice simply isn't good enough!

Eggsalicious
10.05.2012 , 08:50 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Biggilus View Post
This is one of the easiest games to gear up from any aspect really. Very easy in fact, all you need is time.
and wz pops....