Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TFB : 16M-HM (world ranking)

DarkhorseForLife
10.04.2012 , 04:53 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by FluffBcca View Post
Competition? This would only work in a game where all parties involved took the EXACT same group makeup with the EXACT same skill trees in order to see who the best players are. How about we just say good job and continue on?
I was curious what Fluff meant here too and I think you guys misunderstood what he was saying (I didn't get it either at first). I asked him and he's basically just saying that people get too worked up about some of the competition and the who did what first, when ultimately the rankings (8 vs. 16,etc. etc.) are fairly arbitrary. Just make it known that Fluff's views don't necessarily reflect the views of the whole guild .

As for competition post whatever change is about to happen, I'm down for it, although I wouldn't want to give up our "world 3rd" or whatever you want to call it, as we worked hard to get that kill. If I recall in WoW (the only other game I've raided competitively in), kills always counted whether they were pre-post nerf or pre-post buff as soon as it went live.

To be honest I don't put a lot of stock in the overall rankings here anyway. I mean no disrespect to anyone posting here or the thread originator and moderator, it's just the way I feel. Even though we killed bosses 3, 4, and 5 in the top 3 or top 4 kills, chances are good we'll be passed in the overall rankings because we logged on later on first day for bosses 1 and 2 (which honestly should be pretty irrelevant in their weight).

Anyway, we like friendly competition so sure, we'll be happy to try again whatever changes come in. To be honest I don't even really fully understand what the "bug" is.
Moxboss, Founder of now defunct <Memories of Xendor> on POT5
Darkhorse, Shadowcolt, Blacksteed, Duskfilly
Dimstallion, Shadepony, Luridfoal, Murkgelding
Check out MoX Parser! Real time raid meters and parsing!

FluffBcca
10.04.2012 , 05:25 PM | #102
Yeah that was not what I meant. Good luck in your travels. Grats on completion. /signing off
Fluffhead (rank 100 sorc), Phearce (rank 80 pt), Josiewales (rank 70 slinger)
MoX: Prophecy of the Five

Typeslice
10.04.2012 , 06:04 PM | #103
Undercon (Republic) of The Shadowlands:

We're moving a little slowly because we're avoiding watching videos and reading stats, but thought it would be fun to track here anyway:

16 Man HM Writhing Horror 9/27/12 11:15 PM EST
http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/..._(9.27.12).png

16 Man Hm Dread Guards 10/3/12 10:06 PM EST
http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/..._(10.3.12).png

Apologies for not having a time overlay - I will going forward.
Xaph'an / A'baddon - GM of Undercon
The Shadowlands
http://undercon.guildlaunch.com

Nibbon
10.04.2012 , 09:25 PM | #104
Fyi--
Quote: Originally Posted by nibbon View Post
kephess dead - 10/4 10:35 est [utc = 10/5 2:35am]
proof shot on website -- http://raidordie.com/

Garell
10.05.2012 , 05:51 AM | #105
Considering my guild is still working on TFB 16-man HM you can take my stab in the dark with a pinch of salt.
From watching every TFB HM vid on youtube, i'm gonna take a guess at the bug that these guys are talking about.

P2 boss starts at 50%. 6 Tentacles in P2, 5% each. But if the boss enrages before the last tentacle is killed the boss gains 200% damage multiplyer buff which unintentialy buffs the boss hp drop from the tentacle kill. From watching the MOX kill you can clearly see the boss lose 5% when the tentacle is killed at 8.22 but when the boss is enraged at 14.40 you can see the boss lose 10%.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yajMbQZIi44
(You're welcome for the free plug! and i enjoyed the vid thoroughly)

The strat used was clearly very smart as to reduce the hp in the burn phase to a managable amount, it's just a shame bioware once again failed to deliver polished content.

Ephesia
10.05.2012 , 05:55 AM | #106
are you sure that this is a bug and is not intended in any way?
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Garell
10.05.2012 , 06:29 AM | #107
If a boss enrages it is usually a mechanic to tell you "your raid dps is **** and i'm gonna **** you up now, better luck next time". So why would an enrage mechanic assist you in killing the boss?

It's a coding/design mechanic error on the Bioware side.

Aerro
10.05.2012 , 06:38 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
are you sure that this is a bug and is not intended in any way?
When done properly, there is supposed to be a last phase which is a burn phase. Everyone spreads out and attacks the boss. You completely skip this phase when your DPS is so low that the boss enrages before all of the tentacles are dead. Some say that it is a bug and that it is impossible to kill all of the tentacles before enrage- well... we did it with nearly a minute left to spare. That proves that there is no bug to the enrage timer.
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.

DarkhorseForLife
10.05.2012 , 08:20 AM | #109
Yeah in our video you can see that we have plenty of time to spread out and shoot the boss before we pop the last tentacle. In all honesty we just assumed that was the way you are supposed to do it, but I guess that makes sense that this could be a bug based on how you explained it.

Honestly I don't really care one way or another, this theme of bosses doing special things at 10% or after an enrage timer is kind of a played out idea and I honestly feel like it's a little lame. I have never once thought to myself, boy this enrage/last 10% mechanic is so fun! It's cheap design designed to eat your quarters like an 80's arcade machine.

If this isn't the intended way to kill the boss, this just furthers my original comment that I think this boss is a little over tuned on 16m.
Moxboss, Founder of now defunct <Memories of Xendor> on POT5
Darkhorse, Shadowcolt, Blacksteed, Duskfilly
Dimstallion, Shadepony, Luridfoal, Murkgelding
Check out MoX Parser! Real time raid meters and parsing!

sang
10.05.2012 , 08:55 AM | #110
The enrage is based off a timer to kill the boss, not a timer to kill tentacles. It is very possible to kill all the tentacles before enrage. The challenge comes in the burn phase. From my rough calculations, the raid has to do around 900,000 damage to the boss in this phase to drop him down to the 3% mark. Once the boss enrages during this phase, you have about 5-10 seconds longer to get the kill before too many people die. In order to get the kill without the bug, I estimate needing about 45-60 seconds of solid time spent burning the boss with all DPS still alive. Remember too that your DPS needs to spread out after killing the last tentacles, so add another 5-10 seconds to that burn time to account for movement. Again, these are rough calculations not exact figures so the actual numbers might vary.
Sang - Sangz - Sanglol - Sanglul - Sangrawr - Sangocity