Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MOPSFounder
10.04.2012 , 09:28 PM | #361
We should all mass unsub. That would get them to act on at least something.

PPAlien
10.04.2012 , 10:36 PM | #362
I would fully support a merger of the APAC servers.

/signed

laz_AU
10.04.2012 , 11:07 PM | #363
Quote: Originally Posted by HauksbokT View Post
Or they could just merge the servers and make oceanic swtor the delightful experience it once was. Really dunno what's hard to understand about this. Even IF f2p is successful, their improved tech could certainly support a high amount of people on the one server. We're a small region, thus one server seems utterly logical.

Instead of playing politics "yeah we're gonna look into this" to the public, and haven't done a single thing at all about it, they could just appease their customer base, who you know, pays the bills for the product, thus we ARE entitled to. This thread will turn around from "complaining" to what I'd be willing to bet a hefty amount on a massively pleased and grateful bunch of gamers rejoicing that their play times have been SIGNIFICANTLY improved.

Really unsure what is difficult to understand about this concept, tbh. If somebody can logically explain to me why the MANY people who have posted in this thread are 100 percent wrong about the idea of a server merge is wrong, I'll gladly eat my words.

I really have been sitting here for the past 10 minutes trying to think of cons to this idea, and the only REAL con is that RP'ers may take a bit of troll in /1, but I can nearly bet you the good majority of folks on Gav support this, and you know what really phases me?

Apparently only 5 percent average of gamers browse and post in their perspective games forum. I could imagine a whole lot more unhappy folks in oceanic than what we're just seeing in this thread, oh and the many many others that have been posted dating back months now.
This.
Leader of Nocturnal | Impaled on The Harbinger (Ex-APAC)

The Custos Legacy
Riku - Sage Healer
Excubitor - Focus Sentinel
Equiti - Vanguard Tank/DPS

Evgen
10.05.2012 , 12:05 AM | #364
Quote: Originally Posted by MOPSFounder View Post
Already done. Will probably resub if they do something about this.

it's so simple

Merge servers now, later split again, split by instance, whatever.
Fix problem losing subscribers NOW, do EVERYTHING else later.

Setsugetsuka
10.05.2012 , 12:25 AM | #365
Quote: Originally Posted by MOPSFounder View Post
If everyone unsubbed, why would BW do anything? Everyone would be gone, heck, if anything, they'd see it as a waste of money and just rid themselves of the Oceanic servers altogether as no one is playing on them because they all left. xD

randalthorr
10.05.2012 , 12:40 AM | #366
And guess what, they successfully avoided the issue for yet another week. I'm certain there isn't going to be any word on this in the next 24 hours, and then they go off on their weekend, and we don't have a chance of hearing anything until next Tuesday. And then it goes on all over again...

/facepalm

Bioware has gone from a name I trusted and loved, to one that causes hatred and frustration every time its mentioned.
“Equality is a chain, like obedience. Like fear or uncertainty or self doubt.”
-Darth Bane

Red-Zone Australia

scullzomben
10.05.2012 , 12:46 AM | #367
Quote: Originally Posted by Setsugetsuka View Post
If everyone unsubbed, why would BW do anything? Everyone would be gone, heck, if anything, they'd see it as a waste of money and just rid themselves of the Oceanic servers altogether as no one is playing on them because they all left. xD
Pretty much everyone I know that has unsubbed (myself included) has stated that we would renew once our server Population issue is fixed. And guess how it is fixed? Merging all three servers together.

Reble-Dog-Squad
10.05.2012 , 02:07 AM | #368
Quote: Originally Posted by scullzomben View Post
Pretty much everyone I know that has unsubbed (myself included) has stated that we would renew once our server Population issue is fixed. And guess how it is fixed? Merging all three servers together.
Please tell me how you will know if the servers you belong to are at a satisfactory level of population is you have unsubed?
Australian CE VIP
"Social Media Killed Society - Like The Video Killed the Radio Star"
System: i7 2600K, Asus P8z68-V Pro, 16gig RAM, Gigabyte GTX580 SOC
May The Force Be With You

scullzomben
10.05.2012 , 02:13 AM | #369
Quote: Originally Posted by Reble-Dog-Squad View Post
Please tell me how you will know if the servers you belong to are at a satisfactory level of population is you have unsubed?
Because I still have friends and guild members playing, complaining on Mumble about the 25 people on fleet at 9pm.

Evgen
10.05.2012 , 03:00 AM | #370
Quote: Originally Posted by Reble-Dog-Squad View Post
In other news Bioware has announced that they will be merging all 3 of their Asia Pacific servers into one to provide a better playing experience for their customers across the Pacific. While a mega server isn't required for this unified server they are considering upgrading before their planned F2P launch.

Was that so hard?